Bug with AA Grant on Heroic Character Upgrades

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kacman, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Bamkan Augur

It states in the Heroic FAQ that the Upgraded Character will receive all the perks of being a Heroic Character, yet in Kacman's case, he is not getting the "Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Ability"
  2. Tharrg Augur

They most likely didnt see a reason for players to go back to these quests when they are trying to push new and returning players forward.. not back...... By all accounts these can all be boxed or soloed.... nothing special about them anymore... and a waste of time..... when you are trying to get players to interact and catach up to the rest of the game crowd.
  3. Linora New Member

Why is it that the progression AAs are given during the auto grant for Heroic chars but not for the auto grant normally? It seems a bit unfair that I have to use my free one time Heroic char to level up my existing char that I can't get the DoN progression done on. It means I don't get to play around with other classes which you say is one of the benefits of these new Heroics?
  4. Tarilane New Member

Exactly, Bamkan, that's why I am posing the direct question if this was intended or not - it's possible that either Roshen was misinformed or worded his FAQ incorrectly, or something. So I'm trying to get some clarification because Elidorth, who responded to this thread, is a developer and might have information that Roshen does not. At very least, it doesn't hurt to have them aware of the specific problem that still hasn't been addressed.
  5. Tharrg Augur

YOU DONT HAVE TO........ you choose to go back and help your other characters.....
  6. Potawatomi Augur

Can you lower the requirements for the goblin dojo then?
    Sinestra likes this.
  7. Sinestra Augur

Not all of this progression can be soloed or moloed as at least one of the tasks requires six real players in the group and six real players in the zone to complete.
  8. Lighteningrod Augur

They've been in the Hero's Journey since the beginning.
  9. Linora New Member

I don't really understand the response. Some of the DoN progression AAs are behind raid events, I'm sure you could probably one group them at 100 by overpowering the mechanics but I don't think you could at 85 which is where these HCs start. All of my chars are 85ish at the moment so unless I wait until level 100 then I'm disadvantaged compared to a freebie char.
  10. Tharrg Augur

just the response was that he cant have fun with new characters because he is stuck going back to help his other characters.... im just pointing out that that was a choice... he can use the Heroics and play them.. group and level.. he is not being forced to go help his other characters.... that didnt get the DON AA's
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Some people were doing the hardest of the progression raids in DoN as far back as 5 or more years ago with a single group.
  12. Siddar Augur

If you upgrade a existing character on a silver or ftp account you will receive the auto grant AA there is no method to click auto grant option on those types of accounts.

Initially you wont get the AA but once you zone are log out and into game they will appear.
  13. Tarilane New Member

Thanks for posting that, Siddar.

Kacman if you are out there, can you try and confirm this?
  14. Harabakc Augur

So you're purposefully requiring players to go gold in order to get the full heroic benefits if they're upgrading an existing character?
  15. Siddar Augur

No there is no way to not receive auto grant AA on silver and ftp heroic characters.

I just finished doing it with two siver and two ftp accounts you just have to zone/log sometimes to see the auto grant AA,
  16. Harabakc Augur

Alright then, sounds good. Just wanted to make sure if I upgraded I wouldn't be screwing myself on my boxes.
  17. Kacman Augur

I restarted all three accounts.

Mage (4644/1000) and shaman (5265/1000) have received the AG of the AAs. But neither of those accounts received the fifth DoN progression AA, nor did the new druid receive any of the five DoN progression or MPG Trial AAs.

And after restarting the mage still has 13 and shaman 12 vet AAs. Of course the new druid has zero vet AAs.
  18. Maccuul Elder

None of my Silver or Free accounts are getting the any of the DoN or Mata Muram grants.
    I have tried everything I can think of and neither new chars or existing chars that were upgraded are getting it.

All of my Gold accounts are getting them just fine though.
  19. Tarilane New Member

Thanks Kacman
  20. Phumok New Member

Where some AA's purposefully not given? I made a wizard and noticed spell casting subtlety and abscond where not granted. I turned on auto-grant and they are still not given. They won't be hard to earn but just curious to why they were not given.