Test Update 03/05/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by crieger, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Ayoheee Augur

Are HAs not still tuned to the highest level character in the group?
  2. EQTrixy Elder

I did a HA with my 100SK, 96Shaman and 90Mage. Second kill dropped a Cleric level 98 rank 2 spell.
  3. EQTrixy Elder

Before the most recent patch and after the most recent patch I have been getting the level 100 HA with a 100SK, 96Shaman and 90Mage.
  4. EQTrixy Elder

Heroic Characters...

I have 5 accounts that were made before the November 2013 date. 4 of the 5 accounts are gold. One is F2P.

All 5 accounts has the Heroic Character option. Both to create a new one or upgrade an existing one.

On my 5th account (F2P) I created a Heroic Woodelf Beastlord. I didn't like the name, started in Crescent Reach and was bound in Ferrott2. I deleted that toon because I wanted a different name and was hoping to have the Woodelf home city. Created a new toon with a name I like but still was unable to get the Woodelf home city.

It looks like Woodelf Beastlords and Frog Monks only get Crescent Reach as the home city. Can or will this ever be changed? If only for lore reasons I would like to have the home city of my brethren.
  5. Metrav Journeyman

Can you guys PLEASE get a fix in to Live servers for 13th Anniversary Task: Broken Mirrors. Not being able to complete this simple task is keeping a few newer guilds from being able to do the 13th Annivesary Raid. I believe the Content should be left up longer just because of this glitch, we've already lost at least 2 attempts at it now.
  6. Gladare Augur

Ftp accounts only have crescent reach as an option. You have to be gold to choose your home city. Also, you can click the random name generator as many times as you like before you click create. No need to create a toon with a name you don't like.
  7. Koneko Augur

in cof beta I clicked the button to make one and it used made a char and used vet rewards are those vet rewards gone and does that count as the free one I was able to make?
  8. EQTrixy Elder

Someone said the same thing in another thread. Here's my response...

I just tried again less than two minutes ago to verify before I posted.

Gold account - Woodelf Beastlord and Frog Monk can only choose Crescent Reach as a home city no matter Heroic or regular level 1 toon. All other race/class combos have no problem picking their home city.

F2P account - Woodelf Beastlord and Frog Monk can only choose Crescent Reach as a home city no matter Heroic or regular level 1 toon. All other race/class combos have no problem picking their home city.

Being gold or F2P is a moot point as this is the test server. F2P accounts on test get all the benefits of gold, including being able to pick your home city.

Has ANYONE made a new Woodelf Beastlord or Frog Monk that didn't have Crescent Reach as their home city? This can't be an isolated thing to a select few. Every single person who makes one of the new Woodelf Beastlords or Frog Monks should be getting the same thing.

Ohh and the name thing... Yeah I don't like the random name generator. I make up my own names. I just picked a name I thought was cool; then once I was in game I changed my mind. No harm, loss of 2 minutes of my life as I just logged out, deleted the toon and recreated it.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What the hell have you done with Feerrott of Dreams?

Can we at least get the fires non targetable and smokeless? the same with the torches the bertox worshiper mobs are holding.
    Where have you moved the spiders too?
    Can we get the quest givers back on find?
    Worry wraiths don't have enough HP killed one with a single nuke.
    61K nuke killed a snake, these mobs need far more HP, at least I know now where to go to get my snake slayer.

This was a lovely zone before, now it if full of smoke. :(
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Now I've got over the shock of the changes, I still dislike the smoke.

Other side of the river to the PoK book seems very lacking in mobs. running round i found 1 spider and a dog! Which will make the quest to kill stalkers etc a nightmare. After going nearly to the fear entrance I found some undead, made a nice train of undead and gorillas and then sat just behind the fire shield and watch them all hit it and vanish...I think I've found my new pastime when I cannot sleep. :)

What's the lore behind the new mob here, found some worry wraith, amys and some eyes, that I don't remember being there before?

Any news on Frogs being able to start in Rathe Mountains, would be nice to check the quests work before this goes live, whenever that is. Rochen did a post on the boards about them starting in Rathe Mountains but no date. :(
  11. Elegist Elder

The new mobs you are seeing are part of the Heroic Character quest that was put into the zone. All the quest NPCs and merchants were placed behind the protective shield. This is also where new Heroic Characters enter the game.

Mobs in the zone were moved around to provide safer areas for the new quest, which is designed to be soloable by Heroic Characters. There should still be the same number of dogs and spiders in the zone, but they don't wander as much and are now found in different locations. Snakes were also made weaker to provide Heroic Character melee classes with an easier target to molo.

The fires along the river designate the safe path from the starting area of the zone to the entrance of House of Thule. Mobs can still enter the path along the river, but hostile mobs do not spawn in or path towards this region.

The changes in Feerrott and the lowering of NPC difficulty in the first two tiers of House of Thule are to help new and returning players that start in the House of Thule expansion to get up to speed more quickly.
  12. xalikus New Member

i dont often come to these forums .... but i want to say something about COTF too many shoulders and backs are droping. IT is really really hard to find a 1 hand weapon for a caster, we have had so many shoulders drop omg must be some kind of mistake. Why so many shoulders?
  13. dwish Augur

All these "heroic" characters running around killing gimped mobs in HoT are sure gonna be angry when they start doing some real content and realize they aren't so heroic anymore. First time they leave HoT and get slaughterd by real content I for see a lot of whining on the boards or them just outright quitting.

Maybe these "heroic" characters should have a little heroic bubble around them that automatically lowers mob health and damage by 90%, so they can truly feel heroic for the life of their character. You could even charge more station cash for this as well to fund eq next.
  14. Khat_Nip Meow

OR, lvl 85 characters could simply fight/quest in level-appropriate zones working their way up and learning as they go. Although history shows what people should do and what they actually do are two separate things.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. xalikus New Member

why are there so many shoulders and backs in COTF dropping in missions why no weapons my caster has to do xulous prime 20 or so times to get a cotf grp weapon and anyone else can buy em with marks of valour. oversight or ?
  16. Tiqou Elder

Upgrading the new xml files to my custom UI made all my Disc hotkeys broken with no way to find what they were. Maybe it's only my UI but better to memorize your Disc hotkeys slot before updating.
  17. maibs New Member

18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Makes some sense if that is where they are all going to start, but why couldn't you have picked an expansion I didn't like :p

Any chance of getting another level 90 hot zone please? as Grounds is going to be packed to the rafters and it is hard enough finding 5 mobs of the right type which aren't camped as it is, after these go live it is going to be near on impossible.
  19. Numzan Augur

*** Spells ***

- Tradable Rank II spells should now drop randomly in Heroic Adventures.
    - Beastlords of specific levels can now summon loftier pets in the plane of air.
    - Rogue - Fixed an issue that could cause the Phantom Assassin to lower its target's hatred for its owner by too much, leading to unpredictable behavior.

What happened to the Mage, beam spells?? they are selecting dead corpses as the count and don't hit at all at times. Just put it back to the way it was, so we can use the line for now until you know how to fix the beam correctly.

Did you guys not read anything in the bugs a month ago?

Thanks
  20. Tanulie Journeyman

Regal (ROF) cultural augs give too high stats when equipped on characters wearing lower cultural gear.
    Example
    Max stats should be Regal Charm of Spiritual Tradition
    ATTUNEABLE
    Slot: Charm (CHRMCulturalCharm)
    AC:87HP:2098 + 3/tickMANA:2197+ 4/tickATK:22
    STA: 32 + 10STR: 26 + 8WIS: 33 + 10INT: 24 DEX: 24 AGI: 30 + 9CHA: 29 + 9
    SV FIRE: 45 SV COLD: 45 SV MAGIC: 45 SV POISON: 45 SV DISEASE: 45
    Damage Shield: 2
    Damage Shield Mit: 1
    Shielding: 2%
    Spell Shielding: 2%
    DoT Shielding: 2%
    Stun Resist: 2%
    Avoidance: 5
    Accuracy: 7
    Combat Effects: 4
    Strike Through: 1%
    Heal Amount: 23
    Spell Dmg: 19
    Clairvoyance: 35
    Slot 1, type 7: empty
    Slot 2, type 9: empty
    Class: CLR, DRU, SHM
    Races: HIE

Actual stats equipped on lvl 85 in Stalwart cultural gear :
    [IMG]

Also, removing any piece of cultural besides legs begins dropping the charm stats (as it should). But removing Stalwart Moonglade Legs does not affect the stats on the charm.

(This was mentioned back in October so it may be an ongoing problem)
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/maxing-culture-charms.204369/#post-3006879