The Defense of Lendiniara (raid)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xirtket, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Kiillz Augur

armor of experience ftw.
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Phrett Augur

... yeah, some peeps don't have 9th year vet rewards so that shouldn't be assumed in this conversation.
  3. Elizabeta Augur

Rampage example:
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:39 2014] Commander Galenth slashes YOU for 53523 points of damage. (Rampage)
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:39 2014] Commander Galenth slashes YOU for 53523 points of damage. (Rampage)
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:39 2014] Commander Galenth slashes YOU for 74326 points of damage.
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:39 2014] You have been slain by Commander Galenth!

AoE Rampage example:
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:47 2014] Commander Galenth goes on a WILD RAMPAGE!
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:47 2014] Commander Galenth slashes Masanril for 16057 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:47 2014] Commander Galenth slashes Masanril for 53523 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:47 2014] Commander Galenth slashes Masanril for 16057 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:47 2014] Commander Galenth slashes Zorais`s pet for 12945 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:47 2014] Commander Galenth slashes Eagles for 16057 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
    [Mon Mar 03 20:21:47 2014] Commander Galenth slashes Eagles for 23140 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)

Whatever settings you have for AoE ramp do not seem to be any different from regular rampage. I did a quick look down the list, he AoE rampages up to 58k on pets as well.
  4. Axxius Augur

Makes sense. 53.5k is 50% of 107k, his max hit. So then the bug is that the AE ramp code uses the regular ramp value.
  5. Kiillz Augur

nothing was assumed of anyone...but you would be surprised how many who DO have it do not USE it or understand how much it helps.
  6. Songsa Augur

I was max melee range yesterday, couldnt backstab because was too far away (bs needs to be closer than melee to be clicked), so i moved a little bit and died in 1 second with wild rampage.
    For info i'm at 132k hp,10400 ac with regular raid buffs.
  7. RagePaw Augur

It amuses me that melee classes have been complaining about the levels of rampage for 6 months plus and suddenly these high levels are a surprise to the devs. Maybe engaging with the community reps more frequently would be a good idea, your post suggests wild rampage is broken on every single event in eq that has wild rampage assuming 15% is where all events should sit for wild rampage.
  8. Songsa Augur

Actually more than a year. Remember some ToV dragons wild rampages?
  9. Axxius Augur

2 devs or QA staff aggroing Galenth would be enough to discover that he AE rampages for 53k. Guess that wasn't tested. And player reports in beta fell on deaf ears as well. Le Sigh.
  10. Iila Augur

NToV wild ramp kept coming up during the last irc AA chats. That was probably before boss mobs bypassing parry/dodge/block was noticed, but the response was that WR getting out of hand was a design issue that shouldn't be fixed by AAs.

So it didn't get addressed in either design or AAs!
  11. Ranpha Augur

Just from this you can see that he can do 200k damage in one second. The reason you rarely see it is because you actually need to have that much HP to get such a round (any "hits" after you are already dead are not sent to the client). In other words, if he is about to hit you for 4x 53523 damage, but the 3rd hit already kills you, you won't even see the 4th hit.
  12. Action-MNK Journeyman

All of this is making sense to me now, reading this thread. When my guild was regularly doing NToV (we're more recently passed it and into t1 RoF), we'd taken down Aaryonar once, but had severe problems with the wild rampage taking people out, so we'd just bypass him. I guess wild rampage is wrong all across the board, then?
  13. Gragas Augur

AOE Rampage has been "bugged, broken" since Underfoot if AOE ramp is only supposed to be 15%?
  14. Makavien Augur

The only one you should need the dragon to tank is the commander the rest of them is weak to any seasoned tank.

The commander on the other hand hell one round you through fortitude and 1 round you with everything stacked as a warrior with the second most hp in the game . But that is only when he seems to power up whatever that mechanic is I haven't figured it out yet . Seems to just be random bursts of increased damage bonus.
  15. Kelefane Augur

This is pretty much how most raids are developed now. A boss that hits for 100k. Rez fests pretty much. Sad seeing raids turn into things like this.
  16. Axxius Augur

What 'most raids'? :confused: There is exactly 1 boss that hits that hard: Galenth. And Elidroth's posts indicate that he is doing more dps than he was designed to do. He is being tuned down (see Test patch notes). The second hardest hitter, Kanteer in DH2, is much more manageable, there is no 'rez fest' there.
  17. Kelefane Augur

Deeper meaning to my post. Pretty much meant minimalistic not well thought out raids in COTF. That does go for "most raids"
  18. Ravengloome Augur

Thought that was just the Group mission he got tuned down in? Or is that across the board?
  19. Gragas Augur

Ahh ok, thanks for the response Elidroth.
  20. Tallanor-emarr Journeyman

I believe the issue we are seeing with this raid is that the 2nd named guard with the feign death proc is making the dragon feigned, theres no graphic change for the dragon being feigned. Before the patches/fixes went in the dragon was standing up, and continuing the fight, however now he is not standing up anymore and stays feigned. The guards/commander pulse aggro on the dragon like they want to go after him, but they do not aggro because it is feigned. This happens in both the raid and the group mission.