Item stats window, too large/no scrollbar?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulstasteyummy, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Soulstasteyummy New Member

Okay, this is seriously bugging me. It seems that over the past few years, the item inspect window has progressively gotten bigger and bigger for equipment and is now literally too big for my screen. I have a somewhat dated monitor that has a max resolution of 1440x900, and when I inspect a piece of armor or weapons, I usually have to position the inspect window just so I can see the augment/focus effects/clickes.I recently acquired some multiboxing software and screen real estate is now even more of an issue than before.

Here is a screencap of what it currently is like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp3h8g36frgim1f/EQ000035.jpg

I have tried resizing the window, expanding it in hopes the aug/focus info would snap to the side, but to no avail. I have looked on eqinterface for a possible solution, but I haven't seen anything else there either.

Am I the only person having this issue as of the past few years? Does anyone know of a solution to this(aside from the inevitable snarky "buy a better monitor lawl" response)? If there is no solution, SoE, would it be possible to be able to have a scrollbar along the entire window(instead of the currently implemented scrollbar only for focus and clicky effects) or the bottom half item info able to be positioned to the side?
  2. JacklSK Augur

Seems like a fair request, I've run into the same MASSIVELY HUGMONGUS item window on several occasions and thought that a scrollbar along the entire thing would have been exactly what was needed
  3. Marshall Maathers Augur

Yes, yes, 1000 times yes.

You think it's bad on 1440 x 900, try 1366 x 768.
  4. blood & gufts Augur

I use default UI, and agree it is big.

My suggestion would be that they move it around a bit so that the modifiers like attack, Hp regen and such should be moved up
    so it would be in line name of it or in line with Size.

That way it would remove a lot of unused Space and would reduce the size by around 1/4
  5. Zaxamaphone Augur

6. Necromonious Augur

you totally aren't the only one, I run a small resolution too and am constantly frustrated by this. I haven't been on in a while but one trick I learned was if u spam the right click on bazaar items the 2nd or 3rd window copy u opened of the item would sometimes shrink so u could see the focus on the bottom. But yea that only works in the bazaar it seems, I wish there was another fix. I usually have to pull up the items on allakazam just to see their focus lol!
  7. Kelefane Augur

Or go back to the item window before the current! It was the right size.
  8. Khoza Augur

I had this same issue for a time. I attempted, at first, to modify the Lore tab to display augmentation slots and focus effects. Sadly, my attempts ended in failure. (I also attempted to shrink the Hero's Forge slot and move it down to the other aug slots. Being already frustrated, this didn't go well, either.)

Another vote here for a new, more reasonable, item window.
  9. Sando New Member

agree , alsoable to resize
  10. Nylrem Augur

Ditto, agree, needs to happen.

Opening an item window that's the same size as my laptop monitor and still doesn't and can't see the focus effects is extremely frustrating.
  11. Soulstasteyummy New Member

So it seems the general consensus is that there is an issue with the item stats window. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this issue!

Now, how hard would it be to remedy this issue? Would it just be something simple like adding code to the itemdisplay.xml window to allow it to have a scrollbar, or would there have to be a more difficult change needed?
  12. Riou EQResource

Kinda wish that they would move up the mod2s/mod3s to where damage is when an item isn't a weapon, at least for all non-weapons (most items) this would cut the length in like half. Outside of that there isn't too much they can do unless they were to make them wider or something.

Another thing is just deleting mod2s from every item since like everyone gets them capped anyway and just auto granting them :p they are useless stats you are over max on that just takes up display space
  13. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

As someone who plays on 1366x768 most of the time...Yes, it's horrendous. You cant see the bottom half of the window most of the time and it drives me crazy constantly moving and resizing the window.
  14. Stickietoes Augur

It drives me crazy when i open up links (yes i know how to fix it, but it is very annoying to deal with).
    and it opens like this

[IMG]
  15. Voktar Journeyman

Hello, you can add a scrollbar to the window by adding these 2 lines:

<Style_VScroll>true</Style_VScroll>
    <Style_AutoVScroll>true</Style_AutoVScroll>

inside:

<Page item="IDW_ItemDescriptionTab"> that is located in the EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml file

This, or try my new interface of course :p

Hope this helps, regards.
  16. Soulstasteyummy New Member

I tried using the EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml from your UI pack, both in your full pack and in my custom pack, and the scrollbar didn't show up.

[IMG]