Obsolete focus effects

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Draego, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Draego Augur

With the Auto AA grant

Faerune has become completely useless, and should be changed to some other useful effect

Just my 2 cp

May be a few others that are obsolete as well now.
  2. Filter Augur

Not unless people wish to fore go auto grant. Then they're completely relevant.
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Draego Augur

True but by the pattern I noticed, including quite a few of those who were so against the Auto Grant (who use their toon names for forum name), I don't think too many people opted against it.

As one might say

FREE is FREE is FREE
  4. Rinerin New Member

I didn't check the auto grant box because I am close to maxing out. I want at least something to work towards :)
    Petts likes this.
  5. Reprisal Augur

Faerune also adds ultravision. 1/3 ish? of races are night blind and ultravision is better than infravision that another 1/3 ish of races have. Not super awesome fabulous maybe, but not completely useless.
    Sinestra and Mykaylla like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is still useful while leveling up and you don't have the AA's or if you chose not to take the auto grant.
    Sinestra likes this.
  7. Edrick Augur

I'll say it: I liked being a human and not being able to see anything in front of me when it was dark.
  8. Pather Journeyman

DL Tunnel nightmares come to my mind! 2 minutes hitting a wall to finally see the light, you are back to the entry point, you missed the correct direction, again...
  9. Abazzagorath Augur

I have not checked the box on a single character on any of my accounts.

I might at some point if I make a new alt for parsing purposes or messing around, but I have no interest in having that much of the character progression given to me.
    LoonyToony and Yinla like this.
  10. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

Sinestra likes this.
  11. Draego Augur

Yes it is still useful when leveling up........ on items.

As to the auto grant, if people choose not to use the auto grant then of course the ability is still useful, regardless I just don't see a need for future equipment (helms especially) to be locked in on having an antiquated focus effect.

Either way, beyond a certain point, either maxxed AAs or auto granted AAs, the focus effect is just useless.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As others have said it provides more then the ability to breath underwater and see invisible. Also what would you replace it with? Having a focus that you don't need on an item won't cause any harm especially since it is unlikely to be replaced by anything else
    Sinestra likes this.
  13. Draego Augur

Yes, yes, the dreaded lack of infra or ultravision, this seems to be the only crux that your wanting to continue to direct your point towards, but oh wait nearly every single neck item now is an innate lightsource so powerful that infra and ultra visionless toons no longer need to worry about that either. So yeah i'd like to see something other than Faerune as a focus effect on helms now.

As to what to replace it with, how about agro range modifiers, reduction or increase depending upon class.
  14. Mithrandyr Augur

I was pretty excited when they put Faerune on helms; it seemed so logical. No more farming augs to put faerune on. That's a win imo.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Draego Augur

See that point I can agree to, I am just saying that it is a bit outdated by this point, imo.

I see no harm in asking for a replacement focus effect for future going gear though, especially when between AAs (whether earned or autogranted) and neck items with innate lightsources.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would say it is the innate lightsources on necks which should be changed not helms. Like you said we do not need 2 doing the same thing, but Faerun is more than just a lightsource.
    Sinestra likes this.
  17. Draego Augur

Yet the innate lightsource effect that is on the neck items IS NOT an actual focus effect, so I really see no reason to argue a point that doesn't really affect the outcome either way. If they make it an actual listed focus effect on neck items then sure I can see your point.
  18. LoonyToony Elder

Not to get into for or against the aa changes. However removing the focus would create a second class citizenry for those who did not op into the aas. So the faerune would need to remain.
  19. Trajet D'Or Augur

They don't replace obsolete effects, they just remove them. If this thread is "successful" then Chandrok will spend hours removing Faerune from every item with a minimum req level of xx.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering how they excluded spell casting subtlety from the AA grant how do you think they would handle this? Depending on play style people may want the opposite of what is given to them on the armor. Don't look at Faerune as a wasted slot since it will not be replaced by something else especially a hate focus since those are so limited anymore and the last time we saw them was on our last epics.