Server Maintenance: Friday, Feb 21 @ 6:00AM Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hello all,

We'll be bringing down all EverQuest Live servers on Friday, February 21, 2014 starting at 6:00AM Pacific.* Approximate downtime is 2 hours.

We heard some of you have lag. The goal of this maintenance is to make sure you all have less lag.

*Time Zone Converter
    Tarrin, Andarriel, Naugrin and 2 others like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I thought the goal was to have no lag, not less lag...
  3. Vykee ToysRus New Member

lag lag lag lag..........can't even move, load spells...nothing..........now I'm stuck loading from server select screen!
  4. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

/golfclap
  5. Izcurly Augur

There's no such thing as no lag. If there were, we'd have faster than light communications.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rolaque like this.
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

Thank you for being prompt.
  7. sinerath New Member

more less lag -500 lag
  8. Caddaric Lifestriker New Member

bring back my character from before the update please!
  9. iniari-TR Augur

its all the spam on the servers from the AA updates :p
  10. Tanulie Journeyman

Could this possibly help the lag on Test server, or only live?
  11. Naugrin Augur

Along with many others I'm sure, I can't help but wonder if the lag is from the system doing a check for every opted in person each time they zone.
  12. Caray Journeyman

I know I've actually experienced lag spikes when other people have zoned into whatever zone I might be in at the time, so I can actually see how this could be possible. I don't ever remember seeing any lag like this until now.
  13. Keeneyes Journeyman

I wonder the same thing.

If that is the case, they should force-off the auto-grant checkbox every time after someone zones and gets their grant. Otherwise, you look at trying to tell everyone on every server to manually turn it off, which would be nearly impossible.
  14. poto Elder

heard?? nah come on !! I would rather hope your all singing all dancing server monitoring applications you proudly showed screen shots from when 'selling' the nerfs told you their was lag!
  15. Balgador New Member

I really do not know about other players, but for me only time I ever experienced any kind of lag is after this last update.
  16. Eluwenie Augur

Well, actually I for one find the Devs/GM's in EQ very helpful because look at Roshen said, he heard the masses and they are fixing the problem with too much lag. They also heard us about SC too and scraping the idea of the 2000 SC for each month on one item.. they are listening to us, so be patient, I know the update this past week might have not been pleasing some people.. things are ever changing in EQ sometimes for the good, other times just meh.. you can't please all the people all the time, only some of the people some of the time.. so thank you Roshen for hearing us on the lag problem and hopefully game play is much better after the maintenance.
    Velric likes this.
  17. Corvati New Member

I personally do like they are listening to those who contact them on things. I been there before.. with many devs in the world.. Being a modder in other games.. and avid player of many games.. I know how irritating it can be during gameplay when lag comes or issues show.. but when your player base speaks alot of devs are very.. quiet.. I am glad that Sony does listen and actualy work on what they can. as Eluwenie said. things change.. either for good or bad.. we will have to move on. But when something bad does come and we speak up stuff like this when the Dev answers. is allways nice. Hell half my time I was doing addons for World of Failcraft (WoW for the unknowing of what I mean). it felt like I had to pull teeth out of the blizzard devs just to get answers for things so I could fix my addons. and thats with me having known a Blizz mod. So I myself have to thank Roshen too. I am glad this is coming to pass. Saves my poor little Dell a little work.
    Eluwenie and Velric like this.
  18. athemey New Member

along with the lag issues, I seem to have a lot of messages within the current if being "denied" zone messages. mainly in hero adventures and instances. I hope this too will be looked at.
  19. Summinsmethings Journeyman

Yup Just like Sony having to fix the patch that fixed the patch that fixed the patch that patched originally. Why cant you guys get anything right the first time
  20. Aghinem Augur

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but... We live in a imperfect world where many things; and I do mean MANY things aren't done right the first time. I can take this a step further, but for the sake of civility I won't ;)