Kerafyrm's Prismatic Familiar

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Bryan, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Bryan Augur

I tried doing a search and ended up with an error. So I guess I'll just ask;

Is there a point to spending all the aa to get this familiar or did I just waste AA points? Up to level 96 I've only used improved familiar because I've had a bard powering my wizard all this time. I probably should have looked this up before investing points towards pre-requisites.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

When grouping, yes you want to use Kerafyrm's because it stacks with the Arcane Overkill buff that procs when you get kill shots

In a raid you aren't able to get Overkill very often, (and hopefully you get a bard if your raid has enough), so you want to use Improved Familiar
    silku likes this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Additionally, Improved is better for raiding as it makes your spells less likely to be resisted do to the increase in casting level of the spells.

If you have a bard, Kerafyrm's does nothing.
    silku likes this.
  4. Aztaar Journeyman

So Beimeith you use improved flappy in a raid over Kera? My parses are always better with Kera and no bard than with improved and a bard. Any other wizards do this?
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I have a bard when raiding.

If you don't have a bard, it is better to use Kerafyrm's when burning, but Improved when not burning.
  6. Aztaar Journeyman

I am still not sure why you would use improved with a bard during a burn? Isn't Kera's better than Aria? I can understand switching to improved after your burn but why do you use improved during? I don't ever get a bard, I'd rather have two enchanters anyway.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's 2% averaged out, which comes out to be virtually nothing. You'll lose more damage missing a spell cast while you change familiars than you will gain from it.