Brogett for berserker CRT

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bighitz, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Nedrom Augur

Yes we were. The exact point where the downhill slide started was in TSS in 2006.
  2. Brogett Augur

The pendulum swings. And like all pendulums it's only very briefly in the centred position!
    Nedrom likes this.
  3. Nedrom Augur

:)
  4. Gragas Augur

Sorry could not resist, but the fact this thread never got deleted, moved or otherwise moderated severely chaffed my hind regions. So there you go, Bighitz, your CRT thinks our class is a mistake, period.
    Rorce likes this.
  5. Slasher Augur

It's not just him. Devs back then thought it was. They created a class with a role that was already being filled by another. The truth is the class was thrown into GOD as an advertising trick to get people to buy it instead of playing wow. Pretty sure the class was not even the idea of the devs instead it was from PR.
    Gloomfall likes this.
  6. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

From the way it read he was just mildly perturbed that Berserkers were added to the game to fill the same role as Rogues. The way I had originally understood the role of Berserkers was that they would be slightly behind Rogue in DPS yet they would be able to take a hit much better.

The way it was implemented however was that Rogues and Berserkers can't take a hit at all let alone having a difference between them. The damage however.. especially burst damage is favored for Berserker they don't have to worry about positioning or anything funky like that.

All he was saying is that he's fine with Rogues and Berserkers doing the same high damage but he doesn't feel that Berserkers should surpass Rogues. I agree with him on this. Berserkers don't need to do more damage than Rogues. They need to do slightly less but still very high damage and they need to be much more durable.
  7. Gragas Augur

Ahh gotcha, so the blind, self root or having to hurt ourselves to use most of our discs does not count as funky?
    Fenudir likes this.
  8. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

It's substantially less funky than being completely unable to use them when the enemy is facing you unless you invest a ton of AA into multiple different abilities and ending up being able to do far less than half the damage (when you're lucky) after you do sink a ton of AA into it.

Already said in several areas though that all Non-Tank Melee Damage characters need a rework to be brought in line with current content. So don't try to paint me as a Berserker hater. Go direct your rage elsewhere preferably somewhere productive.
  9. Gragas Augur

No worries just do not like someone paraphrasing stuff that is clearly not there, it's in black and write and does not need an interpreter.
  10. Behelit Augur

dont worry Gragas, this is the same rogue that was claiming Zerkers get an AA that lets us fire a "normal attack" on Ripostes. his knowledge of our class is suspect at best, but he insists on commenting about us for some reason.
  11. Phrett Augur

I guess I'm missing this huge disparity between rogue/zerkers... zerkers are a bit frontloaded with the burn, but my rogue counterpart in the guild has solid sustained to the point he'll catch me on a decent length fight. Maybe he's just better than the average bear though, not sure.
  12. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

Don't worry Behelit, my knowledge of the Berserker class may only be suspect at best but just so you understand where I came from on that statement.

Decapitate Procs off of Normal Attacks.

I read a post by Gragas (Funny enough) which stated

"It used to only fire off of ripostes. Would look at your augs and AA's, heroic dex seems to have a positive effect for any/all proc rates, frenzied defense would make you fire a frenzy that could proc decap."

Made the assumption that the Riposte included a normal attack that allowed Decap to fire off.

Either way the intention was that an AA let Berserkers fire off their Decap from both Normal Attacks and Riposte Attacks.
  13. Gragas Augur

A frenzy is not a normal attack and notice the use of the word "used to only" as in past tense.
  14. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

Hence the clarification throughout the post. Specifically this part.

"Made the assumption that the Riposte included a normal attack that allowed Decap to fire off.

Either way the intention was that an AA let Berserkers fire off their Decap from both Normal Attacks and Riposte Attacks."
  15. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

I really don't see why you're hinging on the exact words I use rather than the overall intention of my posts/replies. This isn't a debate yet you're dissecting my words and taking them out of context as if they mean something else.
  16. Gragas Augur

So what's your point besides trying to have the last post? Ah talking in circles and hyperbole, gotcha.
  17. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

My point was to reply to this statement by Behelit.

"dont worry Gragas, this is the same rogue that was claiming Zerkers get an AA that lets us fire a "normal attack" on Ripostes. his knowledge of our class is suspect at best, but he insists on commenting about us for some reason."

And then to reply to this statement by you.

"A frenzy is not a normal attack and notice the use of the word "used to only" as in past tense."
  18. Gragas Augur

Cool so what's your point besides quoting people and hitting the reply button?
  19. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

When someone asks a question or makes an accusation is it not natural to reply to it?
  20. Gragas Augur

Usually with an answer not another question so what's your whole point? Oh you don't have one, just an assumption and misinterpretation of something written in black and white that did not need an interpretation at all.