Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Kurayami Augur

Easy mode is the incorrect term probably. The game is more no risk mode. No real experience loss, no remote chance of losing any gear. Go do whatever, GL and items never leaving your corpse has you covered.
  2. idej Augur

Except when Siren's Grotto (Pre-Nerfed) ate everyone even GMs trying to get corpses back. Those were the days. Day 1 of release and we spent it corpse retrieving. Took about 9 hours and 4 GMs. lol.
    Obiziana likes this.
  3. Makavien Augur

Can warriors have our weapon effect's back on npc's we are not targeting since everyone else but us is allowed to do that ?
  4. Xirtket Augur

Why is necro slow being nerfed?
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

If that's truly the case, and they actually do this, it would solve a large percentage of the complaints.
    Not all, but a really good portion.
    -Rat
    Solaar Esten and Nuada like this.
  6. Izcurly Augur

You're awful quick to call nerf, never mind that it's really got nothing to do with the subject of thousands of responses to this thread. Were you aware that ALL the slows implemented in CotF, regardless of class, were somewhat broken from expansion launch months ago? I rather suspect it's a fix, not a nerf.
    Nuada likes this.
  7. Greymantle Augur

At what level ?
    I currently have >11k with still lots to purchase. But sweet spot for rangers @ L100 is around 10k.
  8. Trajet D'Or Augur

LOL, the "before Sony took over" tripe.

Maybe programming Rosco McQueen Firefighter Extreme paid a lot more than I can imagine but keep in mind the timeline:

"In late 1995, MicroGenesis released the WarWizard 2 demo, which caught the eye of then Director of Development of Sony Interactive Studios (SISA), John Smedley. John gave Brad a call one fateful Saturday explaining that while he wasn't interested in single player RPGs, he was impressed with the demo and wanted to assemble a group of PC developers to begin work on an online RPG."

So John is a fulltime Sony employee being paid to develop games.

"So in March of 1996, Brad left his daytime career as an MIS Director and Programmer to join SISA full time, and he and Steve became the two founding team members on the project that would eventually become EverQuest."

So Brad (McQuaid) and Steve (Clover) are fulltime Sony employees working on Everquest.

"In late 1998, 989 Studios (formally SISA), with "Playstation 2" on the horizon, made the decision to focus only on console titles. John Smedley was given the opportunity to take his online group and spin it off into its own company. He then approached Brad, asking him to be his partner in the new company, and Verant Interactive was formed in January of 1999."

So after paying to develop EQ for 2.5 years, on the home stretch before gold release, it gets spun off to a 30 year old programmer who then cracks open his piggy bank and launches the game in March of '99.

Everquest always belonged to Sony, John might have fleeced his employer but Sony paid to develop and launch the game. Pre-Sony EQ is a myth.
    Vitr, Janakin, Kolani and 2 others like this.
  9. Sinestra Augur

Most likely it was a fix, but rather than giving us such a laughable message like "Necro slow - stuff" they could explain to us what changed and why. This constant "We're trying to be open and honest about changes" idea is completely negated when they are very vague and seemingly secretive about a lot of other stuff.
    beryon likes this.
  10. Sinestra Augur

A ranger at level 100 needs 10K AAs just to function in their role?
  11. Nuada New Member

qeynos = sonyeq
    Sony has always had its hand in eq. Nice history, some things I didn't know.
  12. Shimmerleaf Augur

Beastlords and enchanters also has effects caps on their slows adjusted. Selective reading can interfere with understanding.
    I do not know if the spells were excessively efficient or whatever, fix the game to work properly and have a lot less drama from all concerned.
  13. frands481 Elder

um soe? have you looked at the game? many old game zones and instances are for swarming. "welcome to my nightmare" requires swarming and so do voa raids. even if classes can't swarm in all instances it'll still happen because the game requires it.
  14. Rogue Augur

How does the Welcome to my Nightmare task require swarming?
  15. blood & gufts Augur

Now that you mention boats and waiting 30 min.

Why is it that each time there is some events, like anniv or something like that, that the teleporting gnomes are replaced back with the boats?
  16. Stubar Augur

This person is proposing that killing three MoBs at the same time constitutes swarming.
  17. Apex Elder

Whaaat, are you implying that it isn't?
  18. Stubar Augur

Wellllll, I guess that depends on the situation doesn't it?? Alllllright!
  19. Kurayami Augur

If they want to use swarm examples from HoT, An Offering to Thule is a much better example. Is rather hard to pull there without getting 20 + mobs to start, so I typically just go with it and get them all. At least, a few more days that will be an accurate statement...
  20. Kolani Augur

Okay, I have some actual numbers off Test on actual characters played if not every day, at least on a regular basis, all toons were copied from live server today and zoned to get the autogrant:
    K (96 cleric): 63452 hp, 59600 mana, 40918 end, 6232 ac, 1559 assigned aa
    L (100 shaman): 86692 hp, 68500 mana, 44550 end, 6897 ac, 6090 assigned aa

After autogrant:K (96 cleric): 71473 hp, 60350 mana, 41746 end, 6305 ac, 6569 assigned aa
    L (100 shaman): 87037 hp, 69100 mana, 45360 end, 6922 ac, 8839 assigned aa

Take that fwiw.