Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they are refunded, then they should be added to the non auto grant AA list.

If the community is split 50/50 it would make sense for them to be refunded, then those who still want it can just repurchase and those who don't want it now it has changed can just ignore them.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

SOE always try to refund abilities which change drastically, to do that they have to completely remake the AA and remove the original, if you consider how many AAs they would have to remake and remove for all the AAs being auto granted that is one hell of a lot of work.
  3. Nuada New Member

No, he said they "can't" not they won't, but from their own posts it would seem they could but they are choosing not to even consider it.
  4. Nuada New Member

I am sure that every person who currently has any AA and is planning on using the free AA option would also choose to use an AA reset beforehand if one was available. Why not give your veterans something?
  5. Potawatomi Augur

Refunding the AA is not an option for a variety of reasons - per Elidroth

They are capable of refunding AAs. It has been done in the past thus why I said that they can but they won't.
  6. Potawatomi Augur

I will take the AA and want nothing in return.
    Mintalie likes this.
  7. Nuada New Member

So the /resetAA on the test server remakes the AA every time? No.
  8. Nuada New Member

Sorry, I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. I just wanted a clear answer from them.
    Kromeollie likes this.
  9. Potawatomi Augur

No problem. If you would like to stay updated with developer responses you can search their names and click follow. Then you can go to your profile page, select those you are following and see their post history. This way you can try and stay up on the dev responses much easier than combing through all of these pages.
    Nuada likes this.
  10. Kromeollie New Member

You and me both. They've stepped up to the podium on many other issues, but strangely don't say more than "...not an option for a variety of reasons." on AA reimbursement. Forget trying to get an answer on whether the up'd the HS/AS/DC damage.
    Nuada likes this.
  11. Nuada New Member

A lot of people wouldn't ask for it. I was only trying to say that if it was an available option that I bet a majority would utilize it.
  12. Keeneyes Journeyman

Funny that they have a "variety of reasons", yet not a single one has been mentioned. You would think with so many reasons as to why a popularly requested feature couldn't be implemented that they could at least give us 1 or 2, if not the whole list.
    Kromeollie and Nuada like this.
  13. xaga Elder

While you guys are changing things feel like giving us druids some mana regen after death :p
    Piestro and Potawatomi like this.
  14. Sheebea Augur

Hi.As a 13yr SHD I have seen too many detrimental changes to my class. Thus causing me to post to the Forum.First of all, in the past, SK's were a very tough class to be; ie leveling, getting a group, etc. I am sure you can think of other examples. As such this class was given a bit more leeway in game play.FD and Fear Kiting come to mind.Fear Kiting was THE style SHDs used.That was taken away. Why? That was r bread and butter, but alas, no more. And how about are Fire spells? What happened to them?? Even as a hybrid, we should had have the ability to at least "gate" to bind.Tho, not important now. Since Sony took over Verant things have been changed making the game too easy, imho.Like retrieving a corpse. Remember staying up longer than u wanted to get your gear back? Routine.Part of the game. And the important roll the Shd had retrieving fellow corpses.Nerfed! N e 1 can summon a corpse now, in the GH for a few plat.
    I'd love to add expletives, but am restraining myself. Nerfing the Shd's abilities in "life tapping", Mortal Coil Is just wrong for more than one reason. "Fill in the blank", Sony.You are making it really easy to "quit" playing EQ. As per the MASSIVE amount of AA's to be proficient in game play.Seems your Derv team is ignorant about Human Nature.Might as well have no one die any more! Huh? Y not! Make the game so more enjoyable for A lot of peeps.
    Thanks for nothing Sony.Maybe ya better stick to making tv's and such.

Sadly yours, A disappointed Player

Bal 100 Shd
    769 days game play
    dreadlord likes this.
  15. Dandin Augur

Umm.. I don't know how to say this... But under normal uses, Your epic will still hold out. So will mortal coil.
    Your also going to be Given around 5k AA. So this "massive amount of AA required to tank?"

I'm pretty sure you'll be okay.

Berzerkers are now going to be agro magnets, and are going to have very few tools to manage this.
    Compared to that, you have it pretty good
  16. airforce60 Journeyman

When will you make and end to it ?
  17. Sheebea Augur

We don't want to lose anybody. It sucks that people I like may choose to not hang out here anymore, and I will miss them. But every change, good or bad, this game has ever made has led to someone leaving. If we don't make this change someone is going to leave. We have to do our best to design the best game possible. This isn't about easy mode, EQ is pretty far from easy. This is about presenting reasonable goals that are achievable with reasonable amounts of effort. Something that's hard for many of us to remember, since we have the benefit of knowledge and experience to make it much easier for us.

Sounds like something said from someone that wasn't around before Sony took over. This game IS easy to play as opposed to the early days
  18. Phoebes Journeyman

I'm guessing you aren't aware that they have a full refund option for AAs on test.

Players on test can refund all the AA they've earned, then claim the auto at 85 AAs and then spend the AAs they've earned and had refunded.

The code already exists to do this.
    Nuada likes this.
  19. Sinestra Augur

But can you zone while not losing your reset AAs? I really don't know, but in order to achieve this, you would have to reset your AAs, opt in, zone, then respend your AAs. I know it used to be if you zoned while over the cap you got your over cap AAs deleted.
  20. Piestro Augur

My account is dated from March 17, 1999. My cleric (my oldest remaining character) wasn't created until September however, as I ended up having to buy a new computer to properly utilize the 3d card I purchased. This was back when onboard graphics were a lot less of a problem, and the 1st gen 3dfx voodoo card didn't like onboard graphic chipsets. My guild was the 3rd guild on our server to break into the planes, I end game raided from Vellious to Planes of Power, before taking a break from end game raiding.

The game has of course changed. I don't sit facing a corner casting complete heal every 14 seconds with a macro calling out the next person in line anymore. I no longer have to wait 30 minutes to catch a boat and pray my dial up connection doesn't cut out in transit, because who knows where I'd end up if that happens. I no longer raid at 4am with an all Japanese guild who didn't allow english in guild chat just to get better raid times based on when the servers came up.

All that doesn't mean that the game is easy mode, although in some ways things have become a little easier over the years. I don't miss staring at my book instead of playing the game. You are entitled to your own opinion, and we want you to share it with us. The feedback in this thread has been very important. We may not all agree on every change, but it's done out of a love for the game (on both sides) and a desire to see it continue to grow and flourish. That isn't a bad thing.
    Soliman, Rolaque, Deloehne and 5 others like this.