Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Nuada New Member

I agree 100%!
    Solaar Esten likes this.
  2. Nuada New Member

If you can just /resetAA on the test server, then how can you continue to tell everyone that it is not possible to do for a variety of reasons? Sounds like it is a working option on the test server! I feel very lied to.
  3. Canik Augur

When does the Feb. update roll out?
  4. Shugz New Member

I would support that and I'm a noob with only 1k right now.
    Nuada likes this.
  5. Kromeollie New Member

Not to be a conspiracy quack... I don't think it's a "can't." I think it's a "won't." They want to make new players to not feel alienated by vets in the hope SOE can keep some sort of retention of these new players.

I'll be honest, I have witnessed the elitist behavior with raiding guilds and vets many times. I understand how people would stop playing because they don't want to be subjugated to ridicule for being a noob. I was lucky when I started playing. I had a great guild of more senior players both in game and in RL. But I've been taunted for trying to play zones above my level. I think the Devs are just trying to bridge the gap.

However... With that said, instead of feeling entitled to status and stature, I worked on level and AA. Sure it took a long time for me because beyond EQ, I have a life. I don't get to play but a few hours a week. But I earned what little I have and it is more gratifying to me because of the work.

Unfortunately you have asked one of the two questions they refuse to discuss.

1. Why will you not reimburse AAs?
    2. Are you going to increase HS/Assassinate/Decap damage?
    Keeneyes and Nuada like this.
  6. Harabakc Augur

That's probably the point. I'm sure selling leveled characters has absolutely nothing to do with any of these changes.
    Solaar Esten likes this.
  7. Nuada New Member

Nuada said: ↑
    “I personally would like the option of a refund of AA's when this goes live.”
    Refunding the AA is not an option for a variety of reasons.
    Elidroth Renato
    Doug Cronkhite
    Asst. Lead Designer - Systems
    Kromeollie likes this.
  8. Harabakc Augur

I would assume it's a bug, it's going against what they said they were doing. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit by expecting them to do what they said they were going to.
  9. Piestro Augur

To pull numbers out of thin air, 2 procs per minute vs 2 procs per 58.7 seconds isn't a big difference.
  10. Piestro Augur

I am pretty sure the proc portion will be in the song window.
  11. Piestro Augur

Works outside fellowship, won't impact anything.
  12. Aamonn Journeyman

9k DPS for a RAID geared Rogue, Piestro? So probably half that or even less for a non-raid geared Rogue. That's an insult, come on. The damage for the higher ranks needs to be increased (and scaled linearly to the mobs' massive increase in HPs). It's purely situational for us Rogues anyway! Or just refund our 10000000 AAs we spent for maxing the ability and scrap it altogether. Think up something better, then throw us our bone.
    Harabakc likes this.
  13. Piestro Augur

Pretty sure it's a bug, I'll talk to the team about it today.
  14. Piestro Augur

Test server is a test server. If something breaks a on test server... well it's a test server. Use at your own risk. That doesn't mean the same functionality is ready for normal servers.
  15. Piestro Augur

Elidroth has already asked if the community at large would like the ability refunded. I remember it being pretty close. Not sure what the final decision was.
  16. Piestro Augur

Raid gear comes nowhere close to doubling procs. The difference is marginal.
  17. Nuada New Member

There have been posts talking about the possible refund of other abilities if the community wanted. Why was it even considered as an option for those select abilities. I would think SOE could make this happen if they wanted.
  18. Harabakc Augur

No, post nerf it probably won't. But a group geared or leveling rogue will be lucky to see 1 proc per minute at the rate you're talking about. Go try playing a rogue and see if you won't take the players word for it.
  19. Potawatomi Augur

They can but they won't. Elidroth has already stated this. Headshot, decap, assassinate is being changed fundamentally while other AAs are not. That is why he opened it up to a vote.
  20. Quilix Elder

Not disagreeing with you here but if you think about it that door is being flung wide open anyway. When someone buys a Heroic Char from SOE they are paying for 85 levels of XP + their basic AA + some semi-decent gear - all available only to those who can afford that bit extra.
    Velric likes this.