Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Risiko Augur

I didn't say that at all. o_O
  2. poto Elder

want to share which MMO's you have worked on ? Ones that no longer exist? ones that have increased their player base? ones that have gone in decline?
  3. poto Elder

swarming will still exist........ these changes go 1% to stopping them.
  4. Nuada New Member

8k is a far cry from 80-90% of the AA
  5. Tarrin Augur

8k is about 80% of the AAs needed for some classes.
  6. poto Elder

i dont get why you bother attacking those pushing for linking Auto grant to game play one bit unless you are opposed to it. Not once have i been against helping the AA catch up, yet you (yeah you!) pick holes in posts trying to get AA and game play to remain linked.

they will (as almost certain) just auto grant or back track and implement a better solution. they wont NOT touch AA now they opened the can. Yet with people like you lending weight to their arguments (by attacking the other side) we are ending up with the cheapest (game play wise) option.
    Velric and Deadman like this.
  7. poto Elder

words in mouths you say?
    wanting to earn AA via in game methods so bad? is it really so bad to ask for that ? It must be from your point of view to keep attacking those asking for it..........
    Velric and Deadman like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I do because my boat is taking forever to arrive
    Pirlo and Velric like this.
  9. Harabakc Augur

What class needs more than 5k to fulfill their main role?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

my AA's currently max out at 10203 so 8K is very close to being 80%
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What he said. For a lot of people it's not only the majority, it's the vast majority. If they are going to increase the top with increasingly meaningless power gain aa's that's one thing, but they're not.

The difference between need and want is very, very different both for each player and for each class. Again, unless my interpretation of the devs intent is wrong, they want new folks to be able to catch up to functionality faster, not run out of AA to buy faster.
  12. Langya Augur

Than expect the Devs to roll out the nuclear option. That would be lots of summoning mobs, which would make lots of hate and discontent but it would be only the players who are to blame so it only makes sense that they get punished for it. You can only tell the bratty children in the back seat to behave so many times before its time to turn the car around and forget the trip to Chuck E Cheese. It doesn't matter who started it. All shall be punished. That is if players still want to persist on being anuses, which they will, because they can and will get away with it.

People don't understand that this patch could have been so much more horrendous than it is. It could have been a Nerf Howitzer instead of a bat. Accept it for what it is and move on, or quit the game and begone. Not much else to say really.
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. Rettx New Member

I have a 93 War with about ~ 2700 AA's that I am currently slowly working through Underfoot content. This auto grant of 4000 AA's makes my effort seem pointless, but I could ignore the grant and keep on my own little progression. Adventuring in content prior to the last 4 expansions almost seems moot, once this autogrant of AA's is introduced. I will likely bump an alt up to 85 to see the result of this auto grant, but 4000 AA's seems excessive.

I understand SOE's effort to vault players through to level 85+ in order to attract and retain players. Players all want to to progress as quickly as possible to levels where there is an active game. Everquest is advertised as the MMORPG with the most content so why not introduce things to make that content relevant. Add some relevant gear and goodies, other than just defiant, to the older zones. Incentive to progress laterally, rather than just vertical.
  14. Coruth Augur

Grumble grumble. Still if reducing swarming = reducing lag = not encouraging swarming

Encouraging some classes to swarm a different amounts is still unrelated to all the fixes/claims.

((IE: 12 Beams and other classes grab more than 6)then setting SK swarms totals at 4-6 is an issue for me.))
  15. Harabakc Augur

It's more like a 5k grant. The most any class has left to do is 5700 and some AA. For them it's probably over 5k because there are classes with 10k+ AA needed to max.
  16. Enchanter101 New Member

When you accept the agreement when u start to play I know few ppl read the fine print. Sony owns the game , made it and will change it to there will.
    We all can rant we pay or Play from bata but the end result is to interact with each other and play content to story line! Middle player level and camp the gear not worried about partisans!!
    I dire charmed velious, swarmed with my bard n warrior , headshot with my ranger n beam with mag. We get the nerf cause of the ppl that are not on these forums but playing the game for themselves !! Usually profit with instant kills n beams.
    Sony cant predict how abilities will be mastered and used in game. They might have ideas but in bata or test servers. The time usually isn't long enough to tell. It's just long enough to see it has benefits. Usually !!
    We all love eq !! I 4 box and that's enough.
    Guilds n real players that use our tools to catch up a old friend or a guild member that may be a vital help. We didn't abuse the spell, we used it as a fast leveling tool to PLAY eq not PROFIT or abuse it!! Odd raid also called 4 beam spells...
    The guy in ground , cob. Ferrott, poshadow or any other I won't name them ! have 80 th lvl random no name guilds in a zone that can't be entered till much higher or by portal quest!! a campfire N tada u beat the barrier a different way !!! jeez! It's brutal but we are all here crying the blues or bashing the guy that knows nothing and get exactly what the patches say.
    In each era of life a true champion on levels enters Norrath .. Maybe Sony does understand we need a fast leveling way but they choose to not keep them permanent ??!
    100 iksar warrior , 100 erudite magician n enchanter , 100 ranger ! 87 bard of the past!!Bertox
    iPhone typed sorry about spelling errors lol...
  17. Coruth Augur

I've often wondered why you don't just allow Mercs in Raids 3 expansions old.

No need to even test the raids outside a quick moment on test to see if it doesn't crash.

Old gear is obsolete anyway.

And I don't suspect it's a hard switch to flip ((It didn't seem hard to flip when Emperor Crush raid came out and allowed mercs, and like next regular content patch 2 weeks later didn't))

Granted some raids wouldn't work right, or you couldn't get a merc to do things like Step on this square for this time. But so what. The ones people could mess around and do are bonus content. The ones that didn't, already weren't being done so nothing is lost.
    beryon likes this.
  18. Twochords Journeyman

When you are talking about 2 procs a minute, any difference is a lot. The smaller the number of happenings the bigger any difference in those happenings makes.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just wish they would get on with it, so it all blows over quicker.

32 days till 16th March and 15th Anniversary and Plane of War! :)
    Pirlo likes this.
  20. Coruth Augur

Solo is a misleading Term in EQ now a days. We all have healer mercs available.

Could you with a Healer Merc get close to 75% of what a SK could get with no Merc?

Currently: No
    After Changed with current caps: Probably More for Warrior + Merc

((And keep in mind as a Warrior you only have 75% the AAs to get as a SK))