Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Bendaan New Member

Do we get a refund if we've already purchased the AA's being "granted" ??
  2. Chiaroc New Member

Perhaps you already responded to this question, but I've not found your response yet, having read though a lot of this thread:

For characters subject to the grant (those level 85 and under), what will happen to their existing not-yet-purchased AA's after the grant? You know: those AA's that are in the AA bank, but have not been allotted to particular abilities? Will those AA points disappear or will they remain there?

Also, should I assume that there will be very little long term benefit to doing AA experience at this point if I am below level 85?

(By the way, I want to point out that I was a skeptic about this whole AA giveaway at the beginning-- you can read my angry posts in the earlier thread, but now I am really actually pretty excited about it. I came back to the game after 12 years, and really can't wait to catch up with people who have been playing all that time. I still don't support you taking away long-standing abilities from rangers, zerkers, ad rogues, although I do acknowledge that you have to do something about the swarming in general. It seems to me though still that it is a problem with your zones and also perhaps with Mage beam spells. I don't think its fair to eliminate abilities that have existed for so long from so many classes as a result of this one overpowered spell).
  3. Tharrg Augur

You know people... these are not FREE AA's.... you are not getting them for doing NOTHING.... you still have to LEVEL your character. So you are only getting the AA's like you do other class abilities like Skills in a way. So can we stop the repetitive nonsense that somehow the game is cheapened because new and returning players are going to be given a step ladder to reach closer to where you are already comfortable at on your perch. This game is hard... its still going to be hard even with the AA's but at least now some classes are not so intimidating at playing like the Warrior.. for new and returning players. My wife is so happy about the change. She plays very little and now her warrior will be caught up. This is a good change. I am so happy that even my Main that is level 80 here will finnally be caught up on alot of AA's.
    Zurd and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Bashan Journeyman

I didn't ever say and SK shouldn't be able to I said they should do what they can handle as nerfs to a class permits like wars had to when nttb was nerfed. Do I want SK class nerfed no but I don't think it is game breaking to the class. If there gear and skill and such allow they can tank as many as they want.

I know Soulrheever aswell and feel nerf or not he will be fine. Like I said I don't want any class to be nerfed but I don't think it would be gamebreaking.
    Also to this if u read the post I replyed to with this I was referring to them talking about 3 to 4 mob effectiveness after the SK nerf. I was saying that is about what Nttb is down to 3 or 4 mob then it worthless. I am NOT saying that nttb was nerfed so they need nerf sk. All I was doing was a comparison to it I know nttb is defensive but still only good for 3 to 4 mobs depending on how fast your killing as that about what I was reading to be effectiveness of there ability nerf.
  5. Tharrg Augur

I wonder if this change is in response to the countless threads in PVP forums. PVP is basically being run by the classes listed there. Especcially Rogues who can do 100k in damage in seconds to players. This seems to be a fairly common complaint on forums. So this fix would help reduce their strengths on PVP server. So it might not just be about their fast killing mobs.
  6. Arandris Elder

Except that those abilities can only land on humanoid targets level 88 or below. Also, I highly doubt they would make this big of a change for the sake of a pvp server.
  7. Pirlo Augur

That one cool rogue from Bertox, Caudry used to makes maps. Perhaps you can get with him and incorporate his work.
    I thought he made maps for the whole game. Or maybe his hands fell off, can't remember which.
    :oops:
  8. Kurayami Augur

Only handles 3 to 4 mobs, great, the nerf will make us useless on current content too.
  9. Piestro Augur

I'm familiar with him and really appreciate his work.
    Zurd and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. idej Augur

All you guys asking for a refund on your AA's is like me asking for a refund on the past expansions people get free. So every alt account would have to purchase each expansion because I would be offended that I had to purchase it and you didn't. Needless to say I actually worked to pay for expansions and you were entertained to get AA's.

All I care is this game continues to entertain me for years to come. I could care less what other people get and what they do.
  11. Tual Augur

Do we get a refund if we've already purchased the AA's being "granted" ??

I bought a gaming headset last year for $85, it's now selling for $40, so do you think they'll give me a $45 refund?
  12. poto Elder

or continuing to mass pulling entire low level zones to farm trades skill drops. Also in 2-3 expansions people will be back in PoS training entire zones to farm TS/Plat.

Mages will still beam for XP - they charge real life $$ so a little inconvenience of slower kills is not going to stop them.

the nerfs might reduce the number of swarm killers PL'ing alts but certainly wont stop it.

We all know the aa grant and pl nerf is for one reason and one reason only.. (proved simply by the bans and post removals of people daring to question these changes coming just before the planned 85 HC)
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. poto Elder

does your headset work differently now just because the price has changed?

the game evolved for 15 years in either good or bad ways. This is not an evolution of the game, if it were the aa grant could easily have been added to one or more of the huge number of all ready in place QUESTS present in everQUEST.

Just dumping AA onto toons (oh they can opt out!! whoopie do) does not look like a great future for development of IN GAME character progression and advancement.

Like the removal / changeing leadership AA to be part of all players UI regardless of the AA. Yes its super great for those without leader AA - but.... It also just adds to watering down the depth of character progression.

Does the abiliry to 'catch up' need to be addressed - YES
    Is neglecting/removing the game 's features and depth the way ? If people have no interest in the everquest journey. The journey is was the game
    Mozzarella, dreadlord, Velric and 2 others like this.
  14. Ryneis Elder

I think the issue with mass pulling is that these mobs are engaged trailing the puller/kiter/swarmer. The pathing that these mobs take cause lag issues for the server not the actual killing of the mobs causing the delay but, I could be wrong. It could be a combination of the two.

In the case of Druids and rangers, I believe that vine lash has no mob limit so, technically the classes could pull in mass lineing up mobs to kill either via bow, reverse charm, targeted AE nukes..etc. the lag issue which I think they are saying is caused by pathing would also be present.

Again, what is the magic number to cause these lag spikes...I do not know for sur.

Ryneis
  15. Greymantle Augur

When are these going live btw?
  16. poto Elder

And you can't see it's not the granting of AA that's the problem - but the lack of vision in developing / evolving the game to allow this catch up that is?

every new expansion never looking back. never utilizing old features (removing leadership aa instead of evolving it s an example)

Have the last few expansion held enough quality and depth to hold its own as a 'new game' worth the $40 + monthly subscription? not a hope proven by the huge number of 'end game players' who have drifted away !!
    Its only due to the expansions being just that ,expansions, (and poor cookie cutters of the last at that) adding (just!) to the past that eq crawls on.

With changes like this having no link / connection / utilization of the games past (content) - each new expansion may as well just be a brand new game where we all start with a standard geared/aa/leveled toon. Eq's expansions from the last several years far from offer enough to bring a 'new' experience! Negate the connection to the past and $40 + subscription will certainly find me at least, a better gaming experience than just buying the next expansions armour set, new exciting ranks of years old spells and grinding a few more ranks of the same old AA
    Mozzarella likes this.
  17. Tarrin Augur

You are allowed to look back if you want.

This is just giving people the option of not being forced to "look back".

Saying that grinding out early AAs in old zones is a connection with older game content that keeps end gamers around..is silly.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tharrg like this.
  18. Tarrin Augur

A druid will not be mass pulling with vinelash with targetted AE nukes.

And I personally wouldn't mind a limit on vinelash, as it wouldn't effect my playstyle. If I wanted to reverse charm kite, I would never pull 30 mobs and try to keep them AE rooted.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Coruth Augur

So the purpose of these changes as explained in this quote is because of Lag.

So I am still wondering why SK class is getting a lower limit in terms of goal for number of mobs for abilities to handle at once.

Why Beams and other spells operate on on higher limit as high as 12 for beams.
    Yet SKs are being tuned to 4-6.

I know Piestro said once it's not apples to apples because its not tanking BUT, tanking balance was never the reason behind this change. Swarming and Lag were.

And it really feels like being lost in the SK limit is an actual secondary nerf to SK.
    Not a mere limit to swarming for lag. But a direct and hard-core nerf to the SK class fundamentals.
    dreadlord and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Tual Augur

People aren't about "vision" they are about people getting free AA's. Having a few characters with max AA I can say with 100% certainty that the AA grant does not affect me at all. I bought the AA I have in the order I wanted them, I have used the ones I wanted to use, and have ignored the ones I've bought, but didn't want to use, so why would a refund be in order? If someone bought AA that they wanted, but now decide they are irrelevant, well, too friggin bad. Deal with it, or leave the game, hell SoE has already lost something like $4 million a month with all the 50 boxers cancelling accounts, so what's a few more?