Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Ssixa Augur

Yeah...and that doesn't change at 90, 95, or 100. Pulling a swarm, especially of the size of a SK or Mage swarm, is not practical as a ranger.
    Its a blanket change to all the similar abilities. It would be nonsensical to nerf just decap, or just assassinate, or just headshot...you see?
    So we're losing something in terms of solo ability, but honestly, it was on its way out at the high end anyways. By next expansion (which will almost certainly raise the cap to 105), it would be useless for soloing exp.
  2. Piestro Augur

I think I may have replied this morning. But lots of rogues doing the same thing adds up to the impact of a smaller number of mages (or other mass swarmers).
  3. Piestro Augur

Why salvage?
  4. Piestro Augur

We're specifically removing subtlety (passive hate reduction). The rest as far as I know are activatable.
  5. Piestro Augur

You'll still be able to use any of the AA. They don't go away.
  6. Ssixa Augur

If you're a raider, you should take some logs of monks and wizards and I think you'll see why each raider hitting for 300k every minute or two isn't going to be game-breaking.
    Ronthorn Oakenarm likes this.
  7. Sostenes Augur

I could answer that, after getting salvage for baking, it takes longer to do combines lol I wish I never had used those AA's
  8. Endo Journeyman

"3. Rangers are only ranged for about 3 mins out of every 20...."

This is 100% wrong. Rangers should be melee ALL the time now....even under a Burn circumstance. There is basically no reason (unless there is an event mechanic) for a ranger to ever be doing range damage. Having a HS fire when you are bowing has no benefit to us under the new vision of these AAs. Rangers do and should be meleeing all time.

If you are using your bow, you are doing sub-par DPS by a large amount vs melee

I'm not sure what hurts my eyes more...the non-rangers commenting on ranger abilities, or the supposed rangers commenting on our own abilities.

I just hope the Devs can see through the fact that 99% of the replies and comments in this thread are pure clownness.

Arthion and Zaldatil like this.
  9. Badname3344 New Member

[QUOTEWell I hope they get a lot of subscribers from this horrible change because I won't be subscribing anymore once this goes in. Good luck SoE, but I'm done watching EQ become WoW a little more every year.][/QUOTE]
    as my name implies, put your money where your mouth is and just go away. there are a lot of people on this forum trying, albeit sometimes with very little chance, to convince sony to hear there ideas and complaints. thats good. crying and threatening to hold your breath until you get the lollipop you want is about as effective now as it was when you were 4
    NaVi7512 and Mintalie like this.
  10. Coruth Augur

My point though is please consider this when you are setting the prooc per minute rate for decap hs and assassinate.

If you make them all the same AND use logic that its a 9k dps boost in xp groups rangers will end up with less than other two
    Ronthorn Oakenarm likes this.
  11. Quilix Elder

Hehe :) - I totally believe you - used to swarm the whole tower with a cleric when the were still blue / light blue - but that was many years ago before defiant.
  12. aspit Journeyman

Why is there so much complaining here? They are actually asking us for feedback because they give a and want to make the game better for everyone. Beaming and swarm kiting is cheap, everyone knows it. Along with nerfing other abilities, just phase them out with the next wave of AA by either A upping the mobs dps/ac/level. Bring other skills in line while leaving the others behind and possibly add 5 more levels. There are a lot of easy fixes that don't involve direct nerfing.
    Mintalie and shuttupnquitalready like this.
  13. Mackinaw Lorekeeper

Hmmmm.... Machiavellian monsters... maybe next expansion....
  14. Izcurly Augur

I thought Salvage, being a tradeskill AA, was already on the exclusion list. So a moot point, no?
  15. Buler-ill New Member

Well when they originally nerfed headshot, I'm pretty sure they nerfed just headshot. Not decap or assassinate. Originally you could headshot any mob that was hit by ae spells, and it was changed to only affect the targeted mob. But decap and assassinate continued to work on any number of mobs whether targeted or not. But that change did fix rangers swarming huge numbers of mobs at once, which is what, by there own words, this "fix" is intended to change. So why fix it this way? Just make it so decap and assassinate only go off on the mob that's targeted. Bam, no more mass swarms disrupting servers and zones, at least from rogues, zerkers, and rangers.
  16. Ssixa Augur

Your mileage may vary, but I have had better burns in a fully supported group with Bullseye than I have with Bosque. Sorry?
    I like how you call me a supposed ranger when I have been an active part of the ranger community (EQ Outrider forums, serverwide ranger chat- though less of the serverwide chat lately, betas) for years.
    Deloehne likes this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just wow. Rogues don't swarm, they tend to DIE if they try, even with counter attack. Mobs warp behind the Rogue and kill them or counter attack wears off before the mobs are dead and they die VERY quickly. So, they just don't DO what you're trying to suggest here.
  18. Ssixa Augur

And I'm fairly sure there are other raid rangers that have already posted in this thread that will back me up on that.
  19. Piestro Augur

Toggled.
  20. Ssixa Augur

That's true they did. But at that point in time the nerf was about us being able to do it in mass quanities Over and Over again - zerkers and rogues can only swarm with a riposte disc that has something like a 20 or 30 minute long reuse timer, and I don't know about you but I feel like they found a decent balance between the three abilities until this change.