Paladin AA Hopes and Dreams, Let's Go!

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Abazzagorath, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Abazzagorath Augur

Post your wants and "needs" for paladin AAs for the next tiers of releases, so we can get them gathered together for Elidroth. No need for discussion, dumb or not, just post them. Here's some to start:

Upgrades:
    Group Armor of the Inquisitor - add three more ranks increasing effect
    Gift of Life - add some more ranks to match up the heal amount with current Lay Hands ranks
    Force of Disruption - add some ranks with more hate, and add a hate override value for the same amount of hate so that we can pull with this ability or grab initial aggro with it
    Divine Call - increase duration or reduce recast
    Healing Light - its beyond time for some more ranks of this to keep up with content
    Slay Undead - even with righteous disc modifying it for lucky crits, its still really stagnant compared to real dps classes and even versus other tanks our undead dps doesn't exactly seriously outstrip theirs (outside of the small 60 second window we have every 20 minutes with our discs) - so some big increases in max slay, or a frequency increase would be nice

New:
    Reinvigorating Steel - this is a spell, but its essentially useless due to the recast delay (never worth wasting the spell gem due to that), if we could get an AA version and just stop getting spell version upgrades that would be great, or if we could just get a version of it that is an AA so we can actually use it, even if its not always upgraded in sync with the spell line, then that would still be something good

Slay Undead Jackpot! - a separate slay undead mechanic, gives a 1 in 20 chance on a slay undead of multiplying it again by a factor of 10 (so a 150,000 slay becomes 1,500,000). With the probability of a slay, and the low chance of a slay turning into a super slay (play with the %) and it only working on undead, it would bring back the "wow" factor of slay hits in a world where monks are kicking for almost a million and wizards are nuking for like 500k or whatever
  2. SirLord Journeyman

Thanks for starting the thread, Abazzagorath.

First, I want to agree with additional ranks of Slay and the idea of a "Slay Jackpot". Slay currently has no wow factor, and on current content mobs only reduces the HP of the mob by ~1-3% at most. I think it should always take a nice chunk. Critical Slays would be a nice addition!!

New Rank of Disruptive Persecution: Base increase to damage and now adds a chance to critically wound undead opponents.

Inquisitor's Mastery of Armor: Requires Armor of the Inquisitor rank 3. Adds a passive 3% increase to healing received and 3% to damage mitigation. Additional ranks increase the bonus by an additional 1% per rank. 3 ranks. 12/15/15 AA each.

Inquisitor's Mastery of Rage: Requires Valorous Rage rank 3. Adds a passive 5% increase to base damage dealt with two handed weapons and an increase chance to critical hit for all weapons.

Defense of Valor: Requires Twinheal rk. 3. Places the paladin in a holy state, causing his ability to twinheal to be greatly increased. During this state, the paladin's concentration for his own defense wavers, increasing damage taken by 20%. Additional ranks increase the chance to twinheal and reduce the damage taken. 3 Ranks. 10/12/15 each. 5min duration, 10 min recast. Could add extended and hastened AAs to compliment.

Valiant Barding: Requires Hallowed Steed. The paladin's steed receives holy battle armor. Increases AC,HP, Mana, and Endurance by 350.
  3. Demandred Elder

In regards to slay undead, screw a minor power increase. Are we not supposed to be the ultimate bane of the undead? Rogues assassinate, berzerkers decap(why?), rangers head shot, and in light of the nerf and power increase of these abilities. I want a 1 shot proc to Purify the Undead back to hades. Make it so Piestro!
  4. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

<- Still waiting for an upgrade to Act of Valor into something that can useful (ie. evac whole group, kill yourself still)...

As for SU, you should be careful what we ask for. If they give us a 1-shotting SU we will end in the same position than the classes they nerfed, and next we will know is that we can no longer SU on ripostes... I would like a boost in damage as much as anyone else, but 1-shotting should probably be left out of our melee capabilities. Maybe give us a Turn Undead spell/activable aa instead...
  5. Thulas New Member

A new ae taunt or reduce the cooldown on beacon a little more
    Elricvonclief and SirLord like this.
  6. Tallanor-emarr Journeyman

I would like to see a tank aa, for increased aggro %, similar to the rogue aggro buff, maybe no where near as high a percentage, but i think all tanks could probably benefit from something say maybe on a 2 or 3 minute refresh, that is maybe active for anywhere from 2 ticks to 5 ticks.

Anything that turns our ae taunt into something more practical.
  7. Koveras Elder

My AA list for Paladins as seen below.

1. Blessing of the Steed AA: Allows the Paladin's Holy Steeds to grant Armor Class, Health Points, Mana and Endurance
    2. Extended Swarm AA: On the same scale as Shadow Knight's Extended Swarm.
    3. Inquisitor's Bashful Fury AA: Provides a chance to proc direct damage while Bashing either with a Shield or with a 2 Handed Weapon.
    4. Quicken Protective AA: Shortens the casting time of all spells based on the Protective Line by 50%
    5. Valiant Blade AA: Increases the damage inflicted for 2 Handed weapons (since Shadow Knights and Warriors have a similar AA that dose the same, Paladins need this as well, it's been too long, further more the ranks should be on the same scale as the Shadow Knight's Bloodthirsty Blade AA)
  8. shiftie Augur

I tried to be lore friendly with these. Numbers up for debate, I chose practicality on them. More to come when I have time to brainstorm... I didn't really address tanking or dps and of course these are all newish so we would still need to list all the usual upgrades.

Lightbringer’s Shout

Classes: Pal/100
    Resist: -50 MR
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 120s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Max Targets: 1
    1: Gradual Push to 30' away
    2: Lock Aggro on Caster
    Text: Target is struck by a mighty shout.

Soulfire

1.Summon Brilliant Sword of Faith

Classes: Pal/97
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana 2500
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 3.0s, Recast: 600s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Summon: [Brilliant Sword of Faith]
    Text: A Fiery Sword forms in your hands.

Brilliant Sword of Faith

Casting: 0s
    Charges 3
    Recast Time: 300s
    1: Increase Current HP by 6201
    Text: You are bathed in the light of the Truthbringer.

Nullify Magic

Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 50
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: No
    Casting: 4.5s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Dispel (4)
    2: Dispel (4)
    Text: You feel dispelled.
    Cancels magical enchantments affecting your target.

Nightbane’s Vengeance

Duration: 02:00:00 (1200 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 60 Offensive Proc Casts

11: Add Proc: Nightbane
    Text: You bathe your weapon with holy water.

Night Bane

Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -150
    1: Stun NPC for 2s (PC for 1.0s) up to level 100
    2: Decrease Chance to Hit by 6% With all Skills for 6s

Instead of using spider bite poisons or resonant magic options for DPS, this would share the same slot with the same proc rate but offer a defensive option for the paladin.

Marr’s Favor

Classes: PAL/100
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 0
    Casting: instant, Recast: 1200s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 10
    1: Absorb Spell Damage: 50% Total: 1000000
    2: Decrease current Mana by 84 per tic
    3: Cast on fade: [Mana Shock]
    Text: Your Courage is praised.

Mana Shock

Resist: Unresistible, Blockable: No
    Duration 1m, Extendable: No: Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease current mana by 84 per tic
    2: Cast on fade: [Marr’s Approval]

Marr’s Approval

1: Increase Current HP by 20000
    Text: You are Favored.

Hand of Tunare

Duration: 30s (3 ticks), Extendable: yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 10
    Matching Spells
    1: Increase Chance to Twincast by 100%
    2: Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Procs
    6: Limit Type: Beneficial
    7: Cast on fade: [Answered Prayer]
    Text: You sense a divine presence.
    Splits your magic, allowing you to twincast healing spells.

Answered Prayer

Target: self
    Range: 100'
    Resist: beneficial, Blockable: No
    Dispelable: No
    Duration: 12s
    1: Inhibit Spell Casting
    Text: Your answered prayer has left you speechless.

Jyleel’s Gift

Either a passive AA with an innate 6/9/12% chance to proc Crusader’s Shield or an activated AA that lasts for 1 min with a 25% chance to proc Crusader’s shield. Essentially everytime the paladin casts a heal (above lvl 75 and excluding procs) He has a chance to feedback a rune onto himself.

Class Pal/100
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast on Spell Use: [Crusaders Shield (25% Chance)]
    2: Limit Spell Category: Beneficial
    3: Limit Min Level: 75
    4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Procs
    Text: Your hands burn with a blue flame.

Crusader’s Shield

Duration: 60s, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes

1: Absorb Damage: 100% Total: 10000
    Candara and Elricvonclief like this.
  9. Sanh Elder

I think we should get further ranks of balefire and marrs gift to reduce the timer. Also an AE stun being as stuns have always been part of a paladins repertoire, to complement beacon.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

In addition to the standard and current-line upgrades that I hope to see, I would like:
    1. The force-proc aa (Imbued Ferocity) that I suggested a few years back that got passed to rangers/warriors instead.
    2. Also, here is something posted last year. Note that the Hand of Piety bug was reported (for the umpteenth time), actually garnered a response, and was fixed . . . for about a week. Here are links to the bug-reporting thread post and the patch notes that fixed it for about a week before it was re-broken ( https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...s-now-is-the-time.202088/page-14#post-2980333 ) ( https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-03-05-13.4293/ )
    3. Stunning Disruption (passive) - adds a 1/2/3% chance (or whatever numbers) to trigger the equivalent of Force of Disruption (whatever the current max-level aa is, each time this new line is upgraded). This would not only add additional hate, but in the event of a stun resist, it would add a secondary chance for a spell interrupt.
    4. Enhanced Leap of Faith (passive) - does not auto-magically render the Z-coordinate to ground-level after a Leap. That super-gravity-warp is useful on occasion, but more often than not, it sucks.
    5. Reverberating Disruption (passive) - adds a 1/2/3% chance to twincast Force of Disruption/Disruptive Persecution.
    6. Extended Yaulp - increase Yaulp aa duration by . . . whatever.
    7. Swear Jar (passive) - Any time a paladin successfully resists a spell (full resist, not partial), a minor mana infusion is received (100 mana? - something small). Idea is to take the enemy's bad words (spell) and use them to your advantage. Suggested name is obviously a joke, intended to get the point of the idea across.
  11. Koveras Elder

More AA ideas for Paladins as mentioned below.

1. Act of Valor AA: This AA should actually be changed so it can offer more melee damage at the expensive of melee damage migration. Should only last for 30 seconds.
    2. Balefire Burst 2nd Rank AA: The 2nd Rank of Balefire Burst also grants the Paladin a short duration invisibility while being used to wipe aggro (kind of like a ninja vanish).
    3. Defenders of the Fiery AA: This ability will summon a swarm of Fiery Defenders that will fight among side the Paladin for a short time. Additional ranks increase the time the Fiery Defenders remain before disappearing.
    4. Defensive Life AA: (Requres Healing Light at Level 3) When you cast a stun spell, this passive ability blesses you with a rune that absorbs a small amount of damage, additional ranks increase the total amount of damage it can absorb.
    5. Double 2 Handed Bash AA: Grants you a chance to perform a double bash while wielding a 2 handed weapon (should also be given to Shadow Knights and Warriors, Warriors in trade should also be given the 2 Handed Bash AA as well).
    6. Holy Shock Epic AA: (Must complete Epic 1.0 as a requirement) Strikes your target with holy energy, causing 155 points of damage and briefly stunning them, this effect works on creatures up to 55th level, additional ranks increase the damage and total level the creatures can be stunned up to 10 levels per rank.
    7. Gift of the Glorious Twin AA: When active, this allows any direct damage spell to allow your next Glorious line spell level 85 or greater to be twincast, while reducing the reuse timer for your Glorious spells to 8 seconds. NOTE: The Glorious line will not cause this ability to proc.
    8. Powerful Cleansing AA: This passive ability extends the duration of your Cleansing line of spells. Each rank increases the duration by 1 tick.
    9. Powerful Preservation AA: This passive ability extends the duration of your Preservation line of spells. Each rank increases the duration by 1 tick.
    10. Restoration of Life 2nd Rank AA: The 2nd rank allows the Restoration of Life ability to be used even while in combat.
    11. Sacred Health AA: Grants the Paladin a small chance to resist disease based spells.
    Yep, a longer list of ideas, all I have in mind for now.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

Left out a couple key words and can't edit.

Also, to the above poster, this one confuses me, since our Fade gives us a perma-invis unless we zone/camp.

13. shiftie Augur

Balefire already adds invisibility

Lol q beat me to it
  14. Goodn Augur

1. Silent Piety as an AA
    2. An AA that gives the same buff as the spell Silent Piety
    3. Did I mention Silent Piety as an AA?

Seriously, the spell line (well, I'm not sure a one-off spell can be considered a spell line) was dead 30+ levels ago. If druids/rangers can get their SoE/FoE, we should be able to get this.

Like the idea of boosting our mount with stats like the other top mounts in game.

I would love to see an AA that allowed us to change mob type to undead for a short window. I'd love to use my undead spell lineup more, but where there are a mix of mobs, it just isn't worth it. At least this might make it a little more usable.

And I would like more damage against undead. I think some of the above suggestions are a start, but I'm not looking for god like powers, just more damage. I want to mow through undead.

Goodn
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. SirLord Journeyman

This would be a good alternative to drastically upping slay rate. The code for something like this is already written for necros. Or we could have a AA weapon proc that added a "Burning Bones" live-to-undead debuff that exorcised the inner demon from the mob or something. This would be fun, offer a little DPS boost, and a significant fun factor.
  16. Zoran Journeyman

Gift of Purity, Gift of Divinity. Target's Target versions of Purification and Divine Aura.

Reform Cloak of Light to 3 ranks. Make Perfected ITU effect to rank 3, make instant. Do the same for clerics.
    1) Self 2) Group 3) Perfected (-0.5 cast time)

Plenty of decent ideas. I'm only going to comment on some novel ones.

+1, but I think we should just get a damage boost with the current proc chance. In any case, the damage should be improved.
    I'd rather not be turning everything into undead. It really perverts the loreplay. Inquisitor's Judgement is what we use to call out wickedness across the board. And many of our current undead nukes can hit non-undead for reduced damage.
    +1. Fix would be appreciated.
    Maybe we could just get it folded into another spell or AA we'll be using already? Like Preservation or a version of Yaulp with the sitting nerf removed.

Could we please get the sitting nerf removed from the paladin variant of AA Yaulp? Give us a different effect with JUST THAT >>>"The effects of this spell will fade if you sit down"<<< removed.

This was originally put in to prevent clerics from doubling their meditate regen by throwing Yaulp in on top of it. You can't meditate with auto attack on. We get a class mount, and we can't Yaulp on it because we've been given a cleric ability without any regard for how we're different. Plenty of SKs fight on their steed, but basically none of the paladins b/c Yaulp > Mount.

Pally Yaulp
    1: Increase ATK by 234
    2: Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 10%
    3: Increase Mana by 55 per tick
    8: Increase Proc Modifier by 30%
    9: Increase Attack Speed by 30%

Doesn't wear off when you sit. /gallop /frolic

Why? And suddenly everything they don't want us using it on has to be able to summon or be immune. Seems like it would be either negligible and annoying to design around or OP.

-1. Do not want, but maybe give a targetable, re-named, version to druids.

+1 Pretty cool. Would use.

+1. Interesting. Shield of Brilliance doesn't work on AEs of any kind I'm aware of, Sanctification has a LONG recast, and Silent Piety is ~meh, so this would carve out a more reliable niche than they provide. We've basically been dancing around spell tanking since Kunark. It would be nice to engage.

-10. Do not want. Fighter > Caster. That theme should be omnipresent.

If passive, +1. If activated -1. Less buttons pls.
  17. shiftie Augur

Light bringer shout would be a punt that doesn't punt as long as the mob is aggro and continues to charge it would hold it at bay. Improvement to our kb stun with a unique flavor acting opposite of divine call.

Soulfire I've long wanted to keep the summoned hammers viable this would allow for another long reuse quick save.

Tunare there are times both grouping and raiding where we must forgo fighting to heal in a pinch this would offer a short term boost to make that more viable with more efficient heals (touch)

They were targeted ideas to improve versatility/utility
  18. Stickietoes Augur

Holy Intervention, Self cast of Divine Intervention (spell lines). Could have a spell but /shrug less gems to take up.
    +1 on that Slay Jackpot thing
    Hastened Pureforge, by 50%
    Hastened Valor Rage by 50%
    Hastened Righteous Umbrage by 50%
    Holy Arms, Increases haste by 25% (capped at 225%) for 40 seconds on a kill shot.
    Turn Undead.
    Improved Lay on Hands, Increases the Heal over Time with Lay on Hands by 10k per rank
    Heroic Pull, Pulls your enemy towards you
  19. Koveras Elder

Even more AA ability ideas I'll suggest as mentioned below for Paladins

1. Blessing of Purification AA: The 2nd rank of Blessing of Purification not only removes harmful maladies from the Paladin's chosen target but also provides a buff that will block incoming maladies. This buff will last until a full minute is up or until it blocks the next upcoming malady whichever happens first.
    2. Flame Shock AA (Must complete Paladin Epic 1.0 as a requirement): Surrounds your target in flames, causing between 72 and 110 damage whenever in melee combat, ranged combat and casting direct damage spells, additional ranks further increase the amount of fire damage and making it even more harder to resist.
    3. Purification AA: The 2nd rank of Purification not only removes harmful maladies from the Paladin oneself but also provides a buff that will block incoming maladies. This buff will last until a full minute is up or until it blocks the next upcoming malady whichever happens first.
    4. Shield of the Inquisitor AA: Shield of the Inquisitor blesses the Paladin's shield allowing it to proc a stun on his/her target and heals the group instantly whenever the Paladin bash's with a Shield. This effect will last up to 2 minutes and 30 seconds or until 5 uses whichever happens first, additional ranks increase the effectiveness of the group healing effect. NOTE: This bash proc effect of this ability won't work while bashing with any 2-handed weapon.
    5. Shining Fury AA: This ability imbues your pet swarms with the ability to perform critical hits.
    6. Valiant Blade AA: This passive ability increases the damage inflicted by 2-handed slashing weapons. Each rank increases the amount of damage of this ability.
    7. Valiant Mace AA: This passive ability increases the damage inflicted by 2-handed blunt weapons. Each rank increases the amount of damage of this ability.
    8. Valiant Spear AA: This passive ability increases the damage inflicted by 2-handed piercing weapons. Each rank increases the amount of damage of this ability.
    That's all I have in mind for now.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

I like Koveras idea's however, Id rather have them roll 6, 7, & 8 into 1 AA.

Shield of the Inquisitor = Money Although, id say 10 uses would be more awesome, or make it extendable and the extension increases # of procs?

^ Or in general something to make Bash more useful would be coolsies.
    Koveras likes this.