Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Filter Augur

I'm good with the changes. Make it so. I am curious how it affects HS, and Decap and if it waters it down so much on the dark blues that it won't be used.

Now to buy the new expansion or not! Is there more content being added to this expansion?
    Sinestra likes this.
  2. Hawklight Yandli Elder

I like it, so this has got my support. I'd love to explore using an alt on my account, or burn some time on an existing alt that has only a few AAs .
    Sinestra and Mintalie like this.
  3. Melanippe Augur

Which means the continuation of the "WTB PL" spam in general chat and the further increase in the number of "Know absolutely nothing" players. Yep.
    Barnwyr likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

I think that perhaps what some fear is that when they go out to piddle around with their low AA alt that they exempted from the grant that they'll be on the receving end of the /kick when they are asked how many AA they have.

It could rightfully be taken as an indicator that you really have no interest in progressing your character
  5. dreama121 Journeyman

You do realize that only people who feel strongly about the changes will post here right? Most of them will be negative, because they won't make accounts just to praise SOE. That does not give an accurate representation of the player base at all..
    Cyri, Sinestra and Reht like this.
  6. gcubed Augur

Is earning AA's at an accelerated rate, or wearing Defiant armor, or zoning into Vex Thal without keying any different? Can we have a way to identify those people, too?
  7. Jaime New Member

Would cutting the cost of current AAs by 25-50% and refunding the cost to players be too much?

Slay Undead ranks 1-2-3 costs 3-6-9 AA, say you cut the cost down to 2-4-6 AA and refund the player 6 points. This makes it so AAs wont be as daunting to get (and with the bonus exp to sub 4k AA players) and players who earned their AAs up till now will not have them goto waste as they can put points elsewhere or save them up for the next xpac/content patch
  8. Ramson New Member

Not exactly sure how the nerf to the SK will work on a small amount of mobs but it is a huge improvement to what was originally offered. When something big like this comes out a launch of a separate window as you load into game or something comparable would be nice to have as I and I'm sure a lot of people don't really pay attention to the small print on the login screen. I think it would get more people involved and not just the vocal few that may overload these boards.

Thank you for listening.
  9. gcubed Augur

The next xpac/content patch? I will be sitting there with all my AA's purchased and 4000 banked. I won't need to earn AA's for the next 10 years.
  10. Kogon Apprentice

While it's not to the severity of these changes, you're right. But that's not an argument "for" these changes. If anything, it's the opposite. It shows how the game has been dumbed down for years, making it more appealing the masses of entitlement players while shifting it away from the game that we all loved. The granting of AAs is merely the last straw in a large pile of hay that has accumulated over time.

This brings me back to my post a few hours ago. They should really consider making a new server with a ruleset designed to appeal to players who do not like the changes to gameplay that have benefited newcomers over the years. If they made a new servertype that had no mercs, naked corpse runs, corpse summoners, AA bonus, etc....., I would play there in a heartbeat and care less what people did on one of the Giverquest servers.
    Gungnirr and Morningdew like this.
  11. Aegenor Journeyman

A response of some sort from Piestro or a dev would be nice at this point.
  12. Melanippe Augur

False sense of accomplishment? Accomplishing something is and has always been a personal satisfaction thing. Well, it is for those people who have a sense of accomplishment and not those who are handed a blue ribbon merely because they manage to put in an appearance.

Obviously, you feel some sense of accomplishment since you went to all the trouble to post Moog's particulars for all those people in the real world to see. Or are you among those that are lying to themselves? Duh,
    Morningdew likes this.
  13. vulp New Member

I had this thought, too. A new progression server is long overdue, IMO.
  14. Jaime New Member

Where do you get "4000 banked" from? From what I been reading unless you dont already have underfoot AAs and are above level 85 you wont get from this. And two, my post was an alternative to just handing out 4k aa
  15. LoonyToony Elder

I suspect the devs and piestro are in meetings over this. Give them time to digest what we've posted and feedback wre've given them. Hopefully they'll come back with better ideas and news.
  16. silku Augur

I'm not going to say "i'm gonna cancel my accounts and quit eq", because I'm not going to quit eq. But I did cancel my second account. My mage. Why? Well my mage is who I use to power level my alts. I use him to get them caught up on AA etc. (I have never beamed). Most of my alts are around the 4k range now, those that are high enough to have decent AA. So why pay extra money a month when you're gonna give it to me.
    Morningdew likes this.
  17. mallakhi New Member

So, will SOA be giving the SK any DPS improvements to help it stay pertinent in raid settings now that the sk will become completely ineffective as a tanking class? Also, will a new SK epic be available for SK's? Since your destroying the SK epic that is...... There's a very large chance I wont continue to play eq after this nerf, that's 13 ish years of playing this game tossed out because peeps whined enough about swarming. Maybe I should start a whine fest about the Paladin's insanely OP healing abilities.
    Stillwafer likes this.
  18. Pukk New Member

So why bother leaving the TS AA's out your giving all the rest lol, really no point in that, either way not a big deal for me. My bigger question is you guys are reducing the number of times Assassinate skills and the similar skill sets proc, did you get rid of the ability to backstab on a riposte as well so we will have to be behind the mobs for it to work? But yet rangers can root and headshot to their hearts delight without much worry about getting beaten to death before a skill proc goes off? Same with Zerkers although they typically get beaten up in their use of decapitating, but they don't have to be on any side of the mob for it to work so is still useful in moloing and soloing for them, besides they aren't limited to any type of mobs even goos and cubes. If you wanna use that logic shouldn't head shot be useful on any mob with a head and back stabs useful on anything with a backbone?
  19. JOATMON Incorporated New Member

Maybe instead of just giving them to players, the AAs in question should be the result of completing something.

I understand the intent is to get people back into the swing of things and able to participate with existing players in a more rapid fashion, but simply handing over a stack of AAs as proposed is not a good solution. It will never be properly appreciated by the people getting them, and it breeds resentment in the rest. This is ultimately a lose/lose situation.

Instead of just handing them over, would it be possible to make them the reward for a long series of quests? Think of it as a return to the original idea behind the epic quests. People would have to put in a bit of a time sink, and need the help of at least a couple of other people at various stages and the entire process will take a bit of time to accomplish. But seeing as the reward in this case can be up to 4k AAs, it seems like it would still be a worthwhile endeavor for most people to do it. To reduce some of the crowding issues in the old epic days, a lot of the "farming" steps could be pushed into existing instances/missions.

There could also be scaling difficulty for this with the early segments geared for lvl 51s, which award the lvl 51 AAs and then a set of quests for the 55, 60, 65, etc. The quests in this manner could even potentially be setup in such a way that it teaches newer players about the general capabilities of their own class and other classes. (i.e. the 65 set might require the use of some AAs which were awarded at lvl 60.)
    Caell, Melanippe and SoroxDrinal like this.
  20. dreama121 Journeyman

It's pretty sad that you are only satisfied when you can compare yourself to others. "i'm so uber i spent 6 years playing this game and you are a n00b"