Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Harabakc Augur

I don't see why any of the chain classes could consider themselves happy here. We're being told it's over powered and worthy of being nerfed to be able to kill a handful of level 88 mobs. Why does anyone have any practical hope in any "upgrade" being worth the points it costs.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

Have at it, i rather doubt many of us would have an issue with that.........
  3. Kazh New Member

I understand what you're trying to accomplish but auto-granting this many AA really is an insult to those who actually earned them. What does this say to the loyal customer who has been paying monthly subs for years and patiently advancing their character?

Let's say they have 5000-6000 AA points. What do they get for all the time and effort invested vs. someone who just spent $15 for a gold membership.

I guess all I can do is /shrug since you seem to have already made up your minds...
  4. Piestro Augur

Last time I swarmed with my cleric, in the early 90's, I could handle 80+ light blues simultaneously. I'm terrible at swarming.
    Elricvonclief and Tanit like this.
  5. Axxius Augur

This, and similar posts, despite the strong emotion, deliver a valid point: you must understand how veteran players are going to feel about this massive freebie. Are you prepared to lose a number of players who are going to quit over this? Are you sure you will gain more in new/returning players?
  6. Cevil's Remains Master

All that I ever really asked for was some margin of compromise for the % of people who are entirely opposed to this. You can have my camp
  7. Ronak Augur

The number of this hit limit is the key, and will need to be very high. Agreed.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Assassinate, Headshot, Decapitate, on level 99 mobs. How will this affect aggro?
  9. Piestro Augur

Giving people abilities we know they will get themselves in trouble with isn't fair either.
    Goth and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Cevil's Remains Master

11. Axxius Augur

What does it have to do with PBAoE? Beams are not PBAoE.
  12. Coruth Augur

Side note: if you are aiming at changing mass kill abilities

Please also reduce # of kills it takes to Evolve Items. (Burden of Truth etc)

Most people swarm or get a swarmer to Evolve them.
  13. Langya Augur

If you are going to quit over this, than you were just waiting for an excuse to quit anyway. Mainly because your game play is no longer about how you find your enjoyment as opposed to asserting your will upon how others find theirs.

That is lame too.
    Utdaan, Mintalie, Aanuvane and 4 others like this.
  14. Karthos Augur

I don't see how a level 99 mob will be anywhere close to instakillable with HS. Take your current toon to a mob that a level 100 ranger would HS right now. How long does it take you to kill that mob without HS? Not very long, right? I imagine a level 99 mob has many times the HP of a current HSable mob.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Nightmares Augur

Very true in regards to Clerics. If you look at actual raids, you will notice a surprising lack of multiple clerics on raids, these are being filled by shaman and druids nowadays. Clerics are almost gone and its extremely disheartening. I truly would rethink on the cleric nerfs, maybe there are better alternatives.
    Tallie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Aegenor Journeyman

Will people please stop the "Mages get Xxxxxxx, I should get it on my wizard!" crap? Its 2 seperate classes. Seperate. As in, different. Not the same. Next wizards will be asking for mage pets.
    genaro44 and Rorce like this.
  17. Lateralus New Member

If a hit counter is being added to epic, how many hits are we talking?
  18. Langya Augur

The rogue and berserker pet seems to do a nice job of dumping aggro and refreshes quickly. Can't speak for ranger, but they are at least not in direct melee.
  19. Axxius Augur

Huh? Most people do what? You mean most SK's, mages and rangers do that? Ok. But the rest of us do just fine killing stuff the old fashioned way. Yes, it takes days instead of hours. But the item is absolutely worth it. The number of kills to evolve it is really a non-factor. You are very welcome to pass on it if evolving it is a problem. I'm sure a whole lot of people in your guild will gladly take it. ;)
    Zahriz Darkguard likes this.
  20. Rorce Augur

I've held off on posting anything about these changes until after the devs were able to gather feedback and make changes where appropriate. With the current set of adjustments to the overall changes, I'm pretty happy. My biggest concerns at the moment are:

- Decap/Assassinate/Headshot creating too much aggro. Currently these abilities generate HUGE aggro. It's generally not a problem, as these abilities only work on lower level mobs, and are usually always in a solo / molo environment. By increasing the level range to 99 (a change I welcome, for the record), this will affect these classes aggro management in all current grouping situations, and raiding situations. Solution: Set a hate override for these abilities, set it very low.

- SK Epic nerf. As with other posters here, I agree that a hit counter should not be applied to the epic. SK swarming takes a lot longer than the epic lasts, and relies on the Mortal Coil AA to work. Apply the hit counter to the Mortal Coil AA, and you will eliminate the mass SK swarming ability.

- (edited in) Rogue/Ranger Humanoid restriction. Can this restriction be removed for Rangers and Rogues, since the proc rate for Decap will now be the same, instead of being lower as it is in it's current form (and the reason it works on all mob types)?

Thank you Piestro for putting so much time into keeping on top of these massive amounts of posts, answering peoples questions, and keeping us informed.