The Defense of Lendiniara (raid)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xirtket, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Xirtket Augur

Had some very odd behavior on this raid tonight, the zone was lagging horribly, the commander did not agro the dragon, he just stood there, and when we pulled him he got trapped under the world, and would warp up to us, and walk around randomly killing people in no particular order, usually the mobs run, he was walking.

Anyone else have issues?
  2. Tour Augur

Both the Commander and Lt. Roth walked in and stopped at the base of the ramp without running to or aggroing the dragon, though the other NPCs did their usual run in and attack. We tried forcing the Commander closer to the dragon but even right next to each other, didn't seem to do anything, and he just walked back to where he was before at the base of the ramp until we decided to aggro him.

Would not be surprised if was intentional to limit the dragon's participation in the fight.
  3. CaRnon Augur

Ever try not using the dragon to tank the named?
  4. Nylrem Augur

We use the dragon as a ramp tank, Commander always agros the PC tank quickly after they start agroing anyway.

Maybe RoI tanks can tank the dragon, but we always end up going through every single war, knight, ranger with WS, and then some.

Don't know if you're doing something different, but our wars get 1 rounded by Commander even while under Last Stand, even when the dragon's eating the rampage damage.
  5. Xirtket Augur

.... bolded it, I guess that part was hard to see?
  6. CaRnon Augur

smh.. :rolleyes: We had zero issue with YOUR problem tonight when we did this raid....
  7. Xirtket Augur

No hate, I was just pointing out that we did try pulling him to us.
    CaRnon likes this.
  8. CaRnon Augur

No worries.. im a bit tired. I am sure they will be retuning this raid a few times like they have with events like this in the past.... Wish you better luck in the future.

-C
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

They need also to tune down Neriak2 and remove some of the nonsense in the beginning. There's no reason to spent 30 minutes killing stuff these days. 16 cycles of liches? FML.
    Imrahil, Ronak and Momentum like this.
  10. MiataDriver Augur

THe raid does appear to have changed, the Commander no longer engages the dragon at all, the others before him mostly have the same issue. Used to be they would run right up to the dragon and engage.
  11. Caeelar Journeyman

I'd just like to know if this is working as intended, or if it's broken. We usually let the dragon tank the commander, so naturally we had some issues tonight. If this is how this raid will be going forward, they should let us know so we can build a new strat for the raid. The commander ignoring the dragon kinda completely circumvents the entire lore/story around the raid... which is very goofy.
  12. Axxius Augur

The mobs always aggroed on players if you got into their way. Are you sure nobody is AFK in front of the dragon? ;)
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

For sure the dragon won't agro anymore. We near wiped this week, he was right under the dragon and just strolled back out to the ramps and stood there while we res'd up and finished up.
  14. Filatal Augur

This doesn't seem right. My guild has never attempted to have any mob attack the dragon or tried to use a pet. I understand some other guilds may have done it his way and it doesn't really bother me.

But, we have wiped on this event before. On those occasions, the mobs engage the dragon. When the dragon dies, the event resets. If the mobs will no longer engage the dragon, the event will never reset. Personally, I would prefer there to be some form of punishment for failing. If you fail and you only have to rez out of agro range of keep the mobs kited until you are ready to go again, it really isn't a punishment like having to start again from the beginning. If this has been purposefully changed, then all the whining from the people who don't think guilds should be allowed to use the dragon has actually gimped this raid even more. With a choice between an NPC tank or a no fail mechanic, the no fail mechanic is much worse.
  15. Axxius Augur

If the devs actually changed the event to eliminate dragon tanking (thumbs up!), then I bet they added a reset mechanic as well. And probably lowered the dps on Galenth. Those who dragon tanked it before - try normal tanking now.
  16. Tearsin Rain Augur

we did this on wednesday and had no issues whatever with dragon tanking - we cleared out of the way, commander walked from the ramp to the dragon as per expected behavior, and they engaged each other as usual.
    we completed the fight without any buggy behavior at all, having the dragon tank commander the entire time.
  17. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I've had this happen in the group mission version several times (mobs stuck at base of ramp, and reset to that point even when pulled away). Happens with the guard adds during Lieutenant Rolth as well.
  18. Pwnography Augur

The npc's are still agroing on the dragon, but it seems more difficult now. Prior to patch, we would just grasp him over to the dragon and fade it. Didn't work as well now. At this point, I only saw success when the raid would clump (preferably on the opposite side of his approach) and ensure no totems or any player effects land on him in any way, nor proximity. He walks over and auto-attacks the dragon as expected. Something changed, and I don't know what, but I hope they remove dragon tanking

I dont know what some of you are saying about the Commander slaughtering your entire tank line. The comment about 'maybe RoI can do it' made me chuckle. Granted, your warriors are going to have to roll hard - not just last stand, but spires, tenacity, hold the line, resplendent, etc etc (saving most activated cooldowns) along with applicable cleric third rotations, guardian circle rotations, rampant growths, auras, and so forth. This should be so standardized in your guild by now that it isn't anything new, though. I easily spike into the 200k+ hp range when stepping up. He shouldn't be bursting through your entire tank line by any means. If your warriors aren't saving cooldowns for what they know is coming, or you are missing key components from other classes (again, cleric thirds, gs3, etc) then you're going to have some problems. I'm not saying I don't die (this is the only boss I haven't seen tanked from 100-0 by one person) - I do die, but it isn't so terrible that I get rolled through instantly.

I consider Commander and Captain Kanteer to be the only painful events to judge my tanking against. Every other CoTF boss tyically gets single-tanked from beginning to finish. Its a well-needed challenge to keep things interesting and give me a reason to grind a lesson every now and again.
  19. Tearsin Rain Augur

Everquest: because different ways of handling an encounter is for wussies, and not something this game has ever allowed for.
    crush the alternative thinking! CRUSH IT! EVERYONE MUST PLAY LIKE ME OR FAIL.

makes me sad when people actively pursue the idea of turning EQ into WoW.
  20. Crystilla Augur

I think that's the issue here or at least one of them. To the bolded part - Everything you mentioned is definitely NOT well standardized by a decent number of the guilds.
    Fanra likes this.