Why dont people do older raids?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dundada3100, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

My guild started casually raiding. We started with TSS, and moved our way through TBS. Now, we're doing Secrets of Faydwar. So, yeah.. there's still guilds who do old content.
  2. CaRnon Augur

I do Plane of Time almost every week...
  3. drkoli Augur

I love old raids! Time and anguish are always on lockout for me! If I could ever find zun up in txevu tacvi would always have a lockout too!

One day I'll find him up!
  4. Flying Vampire New Member

It bothers me too. my friends and I have decided to try out some other MMO because it started to feel like a number's game. I can't keep up with this game's progression and levels.
  5. dundada3100 Elder

Would more people do them if all the flagging requirements were removed? I dont see why they cant remove every requirement for raids 3 expansions and older.
  6. Trajet D'Or Augur

7. EverChanter Augur

This. Insanity was doing SoF raids last time I checked. If you're looking to do some of the older content, you're probably better off in one of those guilds above (Including Fire and Fury) as these are the places that typically can get the numbers to do them. I know we have people keeping Solteris lockouts and just ran through Korafax and Tower in SoD in Valhallah. It's all about finding something you're looking for, than getting some friends together to go rock it.
    Aeonblade likes this.
  8. Gumlakx Augur

My guild does some older raids for specific rewards.

DoN - for the tier rewards
    Korascian Warrens - for Rk 3 Twincast
    Discord Tower events 1&2 - for overhaste clickies (none dropped so far)
    Big Bynn - for pure power source access and minor overhaste clicky
    Demi-plane - for necro's epic 2.5 (got stuck on sisters event)

We have done some other raid events for fun, but I prefer to find something to motivate people to attend. We are a family guild that raids occasionally. The events we do need to be learnable within a few attempts and not require large numbers or specific classes to win.
  9. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

They are old... That's mainly the reason. One people didn't experience it before so they don't know how the events work. People who did the events with prior knowledge tend to not want to do it again cause they have a bad taste in their mouth. I personally don't mind going back and doing Most and even leading them
  10. Vaeeldar Augur

Don't these two require more than six? I've been doing old raids for hell of it lately and I've done solt, tacvi, ang, demi (although sisters sucks to box) and deathknell first raid. But the rest either require more than six (Dk) for the actual raid or they require more than six to request. I wish everything pre HOT (maybe even HOT) only required six for any of the raids. No need to require more for tasks.
  11. Petts Elder

Anguish was my favorite raiding !
    The loot at the time was a big upgrade for me and the constant chance at getting a new aug.
    Plus i enjoyed the events themselves.

I wouldnt go back and do older content with a bunch of folks boxing ... but i would go back and redo any older content.
  12. Piestro Augur

People do older raids all the time. They generally don't advertise it. There is a fairly large amount of behavior that isn't very well represented in how people think people play eq.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Braveheart Augur

I....wait. What?
  14. Silv Augur

Even more people would probably do the raids if the 6 person minimum and silly mechanics for some such as "must be in zone" to request were removed. Keep it antiquated on progression servers but change them on regular ruleset servers. It's a bit ridiculous when I have to log in 3 extra toons to request an instance when I can do them with 1 - 3. Sure, I can invite guildies but when I want to do them after raids at midnight the population may be a bit low. All of my characters I run these with are Lv. 100. They are still fun to me and I can gear up my 3 alts that I never play. Seems like it would be a great project for the new weekly / regular content releases that are supposed to happen! Since you don't even have to be in a "raid" to request most of them I don't see why there is an artificial limit.
    beryon likes this.
  15. Broogan New Member

Some servers do more of this than FV I expect. SOE gave FV a twisted aspect imho since you can buy anything.
    I see PUG raids come together now and then on Xeg and probably other blue servers. Having to actually work for a clicky makes it interesting for some of us.
    Silv likes this.
  16. Silv Augur

I agree working for clicky/useful items should definitely remain a part of it. However, I don't think decreasing request requirements would be a bad thing. Progression quests such as the Solteris line could remain in place but needing 6 to request when you're going to do it with 3 anyway is kindof silly.

I wish more people on Drinal did old school pick up raids, even if it was for lower, progression like things (it would be fun to play lower level alts in a raid setting). Maybe they do but I just don't know about them. A shame there are few, vibrant server forums left around. :(
  17. Vaeeldar Augur

I can handle 6. The ones that require 12 or 18 just plain suck which according to allah's is TSS and SOF and SOD for that matter which are all 1 groupable now.
  18. Gumlakx Augur

I had 2+ groups for these so I expect you are correct. Mindblight would be difficult to win with a single group even with berserker decapitate for the oozes. You need high DPS on Mindblight to get it dead within a limited number of cycles or the event resets. The Showdown at The Crystalline Core event is more practical for recruiting people given the Rk 3 spells or disciplines that are unlocked for all who attend.
  19. Prathun Developer

Ironically, just a few posts down from this one is a thread asking for changes to a TBS raid. And we just made changes to a House of Thule raid yesterday for live and changes to a Secrets of Faydwer raid for progression servers. From our perspective, people are definitely working on older raids.
    Yinla and Ishtass like this.
  20. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Just wanna pop in here and say FV still does older raids all the time. You just have to find a guild of nice people and it's quite frequent, even with droppable raid gear.

Just last night Insanity did MMM as an earlier poster said, we are doing SoF progression atm. Also do Anguish 2.0 orb runs quite frequently as well.