Features you wish were in game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dabrixmgp, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Draego Augur

CASTER FRIENDLY REPEAT CASTING MACRO
    (ie. Caster version of /Melody)
  2. Cronos Journeyman

That'd basically be like botting, target the mob, and let the bot do the work, soon people would be asking for an auto-target without doing anything, then all camping would just be bots.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Tarrin Augur

Not sure why this would be needed outside of turning bots into mercs.

Why not a melee version?
  4. Draego Augur

Then maybe SOE should just do away with Melody then so bards would have to do each song with an elongated macro.

The whole aspect of the thread is features we would like to see in the game, well I would love for casters to be able to skill build without having to sit at the keyboard hitting x,y,z keys back to back endlessly.

EDIT:
    Don't get me wrong I do see your point, and I do agree about the concerns, I just would like an easier way for casters who are behind on one category or another of their spell casting to be able to build it a bit easier. Maybe if not a self repeating macro ability, then for SOE to change the skill building system so that every cast or every other cast gives a skill point.
  5. junglenights Augur

One of the posts I agreed with was -not- making a spell fail at the end. Why not give an earlier indication? And with all of the inflation of text messages, how the **** are we supposed to see anything without audio triggers.

What I really want is the original everquest with a bit more thought put on making it playable for peope who have busy lives, yet preserving the environment over UI feel it had. The game had much less clutter back then. YOu know how when you play a platformer and you're looking at the screen, jumping over this and shooting that and generally having fun? You're not staring at a map or staring at a dozen windows. You're looking at the world the whole time. The interface is invisible.

Load up hte modern game and go into mines of gloomingdeep and be prepared to be drowned in a mountain of windows and text and buttons and so on. This game is overgrown. It needs to be massively gutted into a simpler game where the environment becomes the main show, not the UI.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Revulsion Elder

how about heroic armor that has different looks like shoulder pads with spikes, or maybe boots with spikes on them, etc etc. just make a set of heroic armor that has different looks and styles we already have the aug slot just make it so it can change the appearance. they have the type 20 slot its there just make the armor look different maybe have some that are like ribbons flowing not necessarily a full robe persay but make it look like a torn and shreded robe for casters I don't know but get creative with it.
    I'm not saying copy other games type of armor but make something neat.

I am not saying make something exactly like this I know this is gw2 models but this is what I mean:
    [IMG]

or for casters
    [IMG]

I'm just saying
    Toxins likes this.
  7. Hingabe Augur

put procs, clickies, foci, etc, onto "aug slots" and give us an ability to remove them from certain items, and place them into others. (a means for us to strip effects from items, and put them on items that don't have effects.) to free up bag space, and alter our gear to have the effects we want them to have. maybe via TS. making the stripped objects notrade, or destroying them completely for all i care
  8. Hingabe Augur

new hair models for all races... that would be nice... a drakkin that doesnt have stupid looking hair
    Leerah likes this.
  9. Hingabe Augur

Item that gates to PoK once ever hour or 2, from the loyalty vendor
  10. Hingabe Augur

OMM brews, either on the loyalty vendor, or purchaseable using marks from HA
  11. Belkar_OotS Augur

More options to customize the guild banner, primary and secondary colors, ability to add more insignia options.
  12. Draego Augur

20 ranks of Resist Push starting at level 51, each rank granting 5% resistance to being pushed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Iila Augur

This LoS thing is built into the zones. Old outdoor zones used to use "clear" zone geometry that didn't block LoS, while old indoor zones had geometry that did block LoS. Now all zones use that "hard" geometry that blocks LoS.

All the old zones still function the same way, including the revamped EW. You don't have to worry about trees or hills when casting spells, and NPC casters ignore them as well. But in newer zones, trees and hills will block LoS for you and NPCs.

I don't know when or why they switched over to all zones working like dungeons, but it is really annoying. I doubt they could ever change the feet-to-feet LoS checking that the EQ engine does, that seems like a very deep part of how the engine works. Making new zones with the old style "clear" ground and objects should be quite possible, though.
  14. Leerah Augur

Guess you never tried nuking at Tables camp in PoFire. Or was that indoors?
  15. Zyrek New Member

I just want hor+ scaling.
  16. Null New Member

full numpad use ingame. currently it seems you can only use the numpad to bind keys, but cannot use it for normal typing purposes like put a price for trader, or use the numpad enter to /say something.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Dabrixmgp Augur

Add the actual values gained from AAs so they arent so confusing to determine which is bvetter. For example I have the following AAs on my monk that improve kick damage: Kick Mastery, Heel of Brithrax, Stonefoot. It doesnt tell me which one is better and offers more damage per point spent. Hell why do we even need 3 AA lines that do exactly the same thing in the first place?
    Vanety and Sinestra like this.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

When a spell doesn't take hold because of another buff, it would be nice if the message named the buff that was obstructing it.
    Yinla, Edrick, Pelrond and 3 others like this.
  19. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

I know it probably won't happen, but I would love to see tradeskill venders for the guild hall. I love having a quiet spot to do my tradeskills out of everyone's way but it's more efficient to tradeskill in Crescent Reach because of the vendors.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. dundada3100 Elder

yes
    YES
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!

im so sick of getting that message and then clicking off every single one of my buffs one by one trying to find it.
    Fenthen and Sinestra like this.