Your Target is Out of Range, Get Closer!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ingersolla, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Ingersolla Journeyman

I can't quite figure out what's triggering this message. I have a necro and when I'm casting at a mob I'll get this message when I'm midrange to the mob. I can see my spells landing on the mob's buff window, but I"ll get that message. My spells have a 200 range, the aug in my epic has a 200 range, so I'm flummoxed.

Any kind person have any ideas?

Thanks
  2. Gladare Augur

Procs from your weapon or aug are not extended by your detrimental range focus.
  3. Kuursed New Member

Probably your Cascade of Decay AA, it's range is rather small.
    silku likes this.
  4. iniari-TR Augur

normal nukes / dots have a range of 200
    procs have a range of 50
  5. CaRnon Augur

yeah I see that sometimes on my necro... its his procs being OOR.
  6. Zemi New Member

It is definitely your Cascade of Decay AA. The range on it is only 100.
  7. Draego Augur

I am not so sure guys, the OP might be onto something. Recently on a couple of my meleers I have gotten this message while being right on top of my mob. I mean I am so close that I can smell their breath, see the stains on their teeth, kiss the dang things quite literally, and have still gotten this message.

Before you ask if I was in a swarm situation, the answer is NO, so no my current mob did not gate, etc..
  8. Zaxamaphone Augur

I also started getting this message on my bard. I'll go pull a mob and on the way back to camp I'll get a "your target is out of range" error.. and I'm not attempting to cast anything at all on the mob.