Punitive Measures

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gragas, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Falos Augur

This didn't help melee match casters flawlessly in the fight but it did help quite a bit from what i recall:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=106365

It put an aura on the platform that made it so all archery and throwing based attacks had drastically increased range and would frequently proc a 10k damage nuke.
  2. Gladare Augur

3. Falos Augur

The very same LoS apply to nukes though, the whole event sucked for pretty much everyone except maybe necros
  4. Gladare Augur

oh well, meant to edit my post since it wasn't really constructive. Either way, no, the aura didn't help much.
  5. Marshall Maathers Augur

The funniest thing I ever saw in game was a guy boxing bard and zerker using lev song and chasing Zalikor around in the air. Was the shortest flying phase I ever saw.

Either way, there will be events and mobs where different classes will be preferred to others, has been that way for a while. Finding a way to adapt with what you have is half the fun!
  6. Petts Elder

Guess i feel lucky we took Evoker K'Lexor out first try ...
    We meaning Group geared SK and Druid, raid geared Beast and Wiz and boxed group geared chanter.
    Mostly pet tanked and merc healer and druid healing. Just kept sending in swarm pets. Druid even sent in boo-boo.
    I know the wiz was nuking ... so he must of been out of range of the punitive measures. It was almost continuously on me (beast). The SK did get mez'ed.
    We must have had a lucky run on him.
  7. Symbius Augur

No matter how this guy luckily gets dead sometimes this debuff is just insane.

One tiny little slip and it's over. Challenge is one thing, but on a group named inside a HA this is ridiculous.
  8. Gnub Journeyman

I doubt I did this the right way because it took a very long time to kill this guy. Anyway, my group only attacked during his weakened phase (including the mage tank pet), and it was a fairly safe fight.
  9. Gragas Augur

Sounds like you are confusing this guy,[IMG]

for this guy, [IMG]?
  10. Axxius Augur

Can you blame him? They are basically twins! :D
  11. Gnub Journeyman

Proof that I am easily confused for sure. Kinda the same fight on the Evoker as far as pet tanking goes. I healed through punitive measures for the most part. Just had to frequently back pet off for heals and keep Evokers damage absorption buffs dispelled. Then pray the pet doesn't get mezed.
  12. Gragas Augur

smash said:
    “with remove the "punitive measures", I mean remove that power, but give the 2 mobs something else.
    The thing is just too nasty and evil, and should not be used for group content.”
    I'm doing a full pass on all HA Rares to remove bugged/impossible mechanics this week. No ETA on when they'll hit Live yet though. These two are definitely on the list.

Since Augur is fixing the 2 NPC's that have this awful ability could one of the mods lock this thread?

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...-heroic-adventures.207034/page-3#post-3043103
  13. malibu66 Elder

Two druids, SK and Mercs. We had no chance.

Unfortunately, we only had two tries at it since the instance decided to end itself - no idea why, still had 5 hours on the timer. Maybe because we finished the main task? It was the first time I ever had a task end while a group was in it though ..

Our biggest issue was the mez. He just locked us down and killed us. I would have liked to try this with low level dot on myself to break the mez ....