Solteris Event #3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rainbowdash, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Atvar Augur

Ask for help, win event, give no compensation and wonder why they won't help again, complain on forums.

Got it.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So we are expected to pay the one class who has an ability, which wasn't even thought of or created when this event was put in place, that can actually balance the encounter down properly if we ourselves (or our friend) do not have access to a high~ level character of that single class? Okay then sir.

Solteris 3 - Killing fail adds should grant a lockout and spawn a chest
    Deathknell 4 - Fetters recast needs to be reduced from 20min to 30sec. No reason to require 20~ toons with fetter to do the damn event within a reasonable timeframe.

And all those events that require 6 in zone to start need to require just 1 person in zone to trigger. FC1 non-aug events were like this. MPG Raid trials were like this. I'm sure there are a few more.

But yea, having to pay necros to help you with an old raid event because they are the only one that can feasibly complete the raid mechanic in a short period of time is the stupidest crap I've heard all day. And I've been reading 50 shades of gray since 6AM.
    Faana, Leerah, Voragath and 1 other person like this.
  3. JacklSK Augur

Sorry to read you lost a bet
    Faana and Voragath like this.
  4. Atvar Augur

No, its completely ridiculous that you want to complain that instead of making friends in game, sony should make something easier so you can solo it. I can think of 5 guildmates off the top of my head that I could get to help me if I wanted to do this. Otherwise, I'd look outside of guild and be willing to compensate someone to come help me beat it. Or I'd spend a few days and PL my own necro up and handle it myself.

Changing the event would be nice, but it isn't necessary to beat it.
  5. Kurayami Augur

Change would be nice, doesn't have to made. Personally I'll just wait until zerker alts can decap everything with clickies I want.
  6. menown Augur

How about fix the Necrotize Ally spells so they actually upgrade and this event does not take 20 minutes. I mean seriously 4 spells of the same spell line (lvl 85, 90, 95, and 100) all doing the exact same damage is not an upgrade.

Maybe then there will not be so hate for necros and non necros for this event.
    Faana likes this.
  7. Marshall Maathers Augur

I ran this event back almost one year ago so I could get access to "free" power sources, and so could a bunch of my team's alts. We had lots of fun failing it over and over, but eventually we nailed it down. SK with no weapon AE aggros with DS on, while a paladin or warrior with no weapon equipped stabilize the damage since the DS doesn't do even damage.

The rest of the raid twiddled their thumbs and killed the other adds, but on one of our tries we found out that the golems can /shield them if they get too close, and they ran out of balance that way.

Using the approach above we beat it as long as we kept the other adds as far away from the SK as possible.

No necros needed.
  8. Leerah Augur

Re: the necro who came to help. That's the problem today. Too many people care about loot than seeing/learning something new.

Re. Event 3 It's ridiculous that an event takes 30-60 mins and requires a single class with 4 different spells. That event keeps me away from Solteris. The jailhouse event keeps me from getting flagged to request Tacvi. There are similar blocks in almost every expansion.
    Faana likes this.
  9. Tarrin Augur

So unfortunate. Solteris is my favorite raid zone ever.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Jail house event can be soloed by a necro, before ever getting jailed... And have you never heard of an AON? Good lord That event is a cakewalk.
    Ishtass likes this.
  11. Falos Augur

There is a gap in the jail cells that any race that is fully shrunk can run right through it without even needing to use the illusion trick, it's actually pretty funny.
    Faana and Leerah like this.
  12. Raynard Augur

The event is bugged. If you kill the first Balreth before he can split, the event stalls and you need to get a new instance. Convergences continue to spawn everywhere, the golem swarm does not spawn, and he does not reset.

At least fix that part.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Sir you have just made me a little bit wiser about EQ in general. I honestly never even realized that. hahaha this whole time I been AONing through the door hahaha
    Faana and Leerah like this.
  14. Tobynn Augur

Pop out a tank merc and let it run riot and agro everything. No one gets jailed.
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Atvar Augur

Exaggeration? I want to say it should take 20 minutes tops for a single necro to beat it.
  16. Leerah Augur

Well, I've talked to people who say an hour but they weren't using the necro trick.
  17. Edrick Augur

I can confirm this estimate. It takes about 20 minutes of necro bombing to finish the event.
  18. Machen New Member

Send tank merc in, let cleric merc heal, win. It's that easy. No jail time necessary.
  19. Edrick Augur

If you're even near 100 a cleric merc won't be necessary. He Whose Name Cannot Be Pronounced will die really fast to a tank or dps (melee preferably) merc.
  20. Hiladdar Augur

I am the ranger who did Soltaris #3 two times in a row with zero fails. Key is moderate the dps, use older weapons or hand to hand with shield in one hand. Pay attention and use older DD spells / kicks to bring one down as needed.

Oh yes, understanding the event and patience, and meticulous attention to extended target window is what is the most important. I can think of several other classes which can solo this event using similar tactics.

FYI, Darchon_Xegony your comment is great and I loved it. It is a clear example as to why not many who even know how to do Soltaris event 3, do it.