From Smed's AMA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Enkel, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Ronak Augur

And what % of those don't have higher level mains.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Sinestra Augur

Having higher level mains does not negate anything. It is an irrelevant issue.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I very well could be. However, I have no data to know that one way or the other. Where did you come by yours?
    Sinestra likes this.
  4. Ronak Augur

I certainly can't speak for everyone, and I don't try to. However, I am not interested in level 1 to 85 content being put in for my 21 level 85 and under alts. Speaking purely for myself, of course, I don't think it's irrelevant.
  5. Bigbear Augur

depends on what kinda revamp you are referring to... if you want more action combat like being able to move to avoid a hit like most games then i am for a big NOOOOOO... if you simply mean less button pushing then i might agree

i for one happen to like the fact that EQ isnt an action combat system... makes it much more box friendly and a lot less work.. most games that i have looked into want to go for this action combat system where you are constantly moving around to avoid being hit or to swing then get back out of the way... thats not relaxing for me...and my wife wouldnt want to play a game like that either since her tendonitis would be so bad that she couldnt do anything for days after playing one night...
  6. Geroblue Augur

I doubt I'll buy another expansion unless it contains enough for my 62nd and below characters to justify me spending the money.
  7. Sinestra Augur

Well speaking for myself, I like having new stuff to do in content under level 85 for my alts, even with multiple level 100s.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Geroblue and Yinla like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Have you done all of the 'old stuff' for your alts? Why not?
  9. Sinestra Augur

Is that your concern? No it's not. I've done most content with multiple characters over 15 years.
  10. Axxius Augur

My concern is that we will not get new zones and raids if they decide to extend HA's further down. Piestro hinted that the dev time was spent on extending them to 85. Would you rather get more 'new stuff' for your lowbie alts than your main?
  11. Battleaxe Augur

One can't complain out of one side of one's mouth that catching up is too hard/too time consuming/look at that mountain of content!! and out of the other side that there's not enough content.

The only motivation I can see for making such a transparent arguement is people who are not up to playinig EQ are hoping for a new generation of LDoN's/Old Man McKensie missions so they can grind easy stuff for too good loot rather than playing the larger game. Which is very probably one of the reasons OMM missions stopped giving experience.
  12. Flying Vampire New Member

I would prefer stuff for my lowbee alts than my high level characters. Past lvl 90 you need to start doing faction to unlock AA, it becomes hard to solo anything.

For example, I would get much more enjoyment out of a new class than a new expansion. I have way more alts than I have mains.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I wonder though who is going to play that mountain of content with you? No level/geared appropriate toon is going to waltz into UF or HoT T4 and kill a name there for gear. I'd even say its a bit more than even two level/geared appropriate toons can handle.
  14. Tharzak Elder

I'll take all the HAs, they can put out. Being one of those slow casual leveling players who is always at least 2 expansions behind, I could care less if they develop more content for the ultra elite raiders. As has been pointed out, there is plenty of content out there. 20 expansions worth! I know I'm in the minority here, but I would be satisfied with just about anything they put out. Will the elite raiders EVER be satisfied? Do they really make up the majority of paid accounts, or just the majority of active posters?

Good job devs!
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Axxius Augur

New zones are for everybody. I'm pretty sure it was officially confirmed that the majority of EQ players have top level characters. You are always 2 expansions behind - does it have more to do with F2P than with anything else? Is your account F2P? ;)
  16. Tharzak Elder

F2p...no. I keep 2 gold accounts. Even have a max level toon. I just dont rush through every bit of content as fast as I can.

Stop and smell the flowers...
    Geroblue likes this.
  17. Falos Augur

Two expansions from now when you are up to COTF you won't be stopping very long! :p
  18. Tharzak Elder

Perhaps.

Maybe they should make a nightmare difficulty server. It would serve all those that constantly complain about the content by being oh so painfully difficult. Free transfers to it upon dinging 100. From any server. No transfers off.

Could even have their own private forum to complain about how hard it is and how they can't get off after transferring.

The rest of us that are content with what they sell us can stay put and enjoy. Those that want more...granted.
  19. Risiko Augur

I agree. I have a bunch of alts, and I'd love to have new content to run them through.
    Geroblue and Sinestra like this.
  20. Sinestra Augur

I think I'd like both since we've seen that this whole "we can't do this if we do that" thing is a lie. They are constantly taking time to go back and fix old stuff. I mean really, the whole point of the new system behind HAs is to be able to adjust the levels, if they can't be bothered to do so in reverse, then I prefer they stop piddling around with this stupid idea and just keep coming up with new stuff rather than wasting time on HAs at all.

If the choice is another expansion of high level content without a level increase or new older content, I choose older content.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.