AA question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Slayan, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Slayan Journeyman

Noob Alert: I left the game after OoW expac and have come back home, question is I have made it to 51 and set my AA slider to 100% I'm getting AA exper but I'm also getting about 2% of regular exper per kill.
    Back in the day if you set it to 100% you didn't get any regular exp. Is this getting regular exper even with the slider at 100% right?
  2. Saphfyre Elder

Does not sound right at all.
  3. Yther Augur

Are you grouped with someone higher level? If so, might be a bug in the coding, as you can't get AA from mobs that are grey to the highest level in the group, and it dumps over to regular experience. Seems like that was a bug even with the all exp going to AA, but I don't remember if it ever got fixed.
  4. Gunnarr Journeyman

At level 51 you should be able to bank a max of 30 AA. Once you hit that max, the exp would go to your reg exp bar. Other than that, i cannot think of any other reason why that is happening. Also have to ask, are you grouping and seeing the leadership exp bar filling up as well?
  5. Trellium Elder

I had this happen recently as well. I took it down to 0% to AA, then went back up to max. It resolved the issue, but I had about 10% going to regular experience so assumed it was showing 100% but was actually set to 90%.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

The slider should show accurately by percent (e.g. 51%), assuming you are using the standard UI.

The most likely scenario is if you are grouped with a higher level player, such that some of the kills are grey to him. If so, all the exp from his grey kills will come to you as level exp.
  7. Linora New Member

Is that definitely true? I was under the impression that it disappears into the void. I've noticed that if I don't keep an eye on my AA count and I do one of the dailies at 85 (they can give almost enough xp to hit the 30AA limit, I get really fed up with to constantly check that I haven't got more than 2 or 3 AA before killing the last daily mob) then the extra AA over the amount to hit the 30 limit just disappears. It would be really great if they could increase the AA bank to more than 30 at level 85 as if you have a low AA count you get more XP than needed for 30AAs for the 85 daily and the rest is wasted (unless Gunnarr is correct!).
  8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Now, where did I put that tiny violin?
  9. Samatman Augur

The 30 AA bank limit was set back when it took hours, maybe days to accumulate that many AA. Having an AA bank limit that is full in 15 minutes clearly wasn't the intention.
  10. Linora New Member

I presume from the amount you post on here that you are max level/aa (or close)? In which case, why do you care about something that has no effect on you but does on the people who are trying to catch up? I'm not asking for free AAs, just that AAs I'm earning don't disappear into a black hole unless I micro manage my AA slider when doing dailies?

Also, Samatman has a good point!
  11. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

While I am approaching 8k AAs, and the AAs that remain are not really important to me, I have always said things like "Your XP bar is not a fun meter." and "Death is good for the soul." etc.

While I don't really mind people catching up quickly, or starting at a fairly high level with the future heroic character system; heck, I even PL people sometimes, you'll have to forgive me if I think there are more pressing problems than yours to be resolved.

I remember when getting one AA in a long evening session was "a good day/group." (Up-hill both ways!)

When there are fewer larger, more important bugs, maybe I'll some day become sympathetic to your cause. For now, I think you should simply adjust the slider so that none can be wasted, if it is indeed being wasted.
    Vorthax likes this.
  12. Linora New Member

While I would agree if it actually was a "bug", the fact that there is a different AA bank size (is it 50?) at higher levels would suggest to me that it would actually be a matter of changing a line like:

IF lvl<90 then AABank=30

to

IF lvl<90 then AABank=40 (that should be enough that we don't lose AAs on the dailies)

I'd still love to know if extra XP goes to the normal XP bar when you hit the max AA bank.
  13. Borek-VS Augur

If your AA is at max, then any new amount of exp goes to regular exp. But an amount of exp will only be split by the slider, it will never overflow into regular exp.
  14. Linora New Member

Sorry I'm probably being think but I don't understand that second bit. If I have my AA slider to 100% AA and I hit 30 banked, does all XP from that point onwards go to normal XP? If so, great, I'm not bothered about the 30AA cap. If it disappears, then I am bothered about the 30AA cap!
  15. Trellium Elder

Mine seems to spill over into regular exp when I hit the max of 30. Seems to me it is all exp, since the regular exp bar moves along fairly well. It seems it only gets tossed out as exp if your regular exp is already max level as well.
  16. Vorthax Lorekeeper

Yes
  17. Quatr Augur

If I learned one thing during my years spent supporting and enhancing ancient software, it was that there is no limit to how convoluted and resistant to change legacy code can be :D
    Yther likes this.
  18. Borek-VS Augur

Let's say you do a hot zone quest that will put you over the max banked AA limit. You will overshoot 30 by some amount, but you will also lose a large part of the proportion of exp over the 30 limit. Smaller amounts from kills, once you are over 30, go to level exp.

I've never tried doing a hot zone kill quest when I was already over the bank limit.
  19. Linora New Member

I think I'm understanding this now, so if I kill 100 mobs and I get to 30AA banked, the 101st mob's XP will go to my normal XP and I won't lose anything? However, if I kill 99 mobs and I had 29.95AAs banked and I did a daily - I will lose a large amount of XP then? It is something to do with the roll over of the bank limit and a large chunk of quest XP?
  20. Borek-VS Augur

That's right.