NTTB potential changes?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Daegun, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Makavien Augur

So what this tells me is BB spent the last month parsing dw with nttb running to make sure we are forced to use a shield ? Apparently hes the only warrior the devs want to listen to. Oh did I say Warrior I meant Paladin my bad. And to be sure you don't get confused the only time dw is equipped on my toon right now is when I log into the ggh and before I have a chance to hit the shield autochange bandolieer hotkey. Because dw dps is so weak an enchanter animation pet could prolly out dps it.
  2. Mozzarella Elder

A nice GM, Dunbar, answered my plea in under an hour and sent me to these forums because:
    "This way, not only will you be able to voice your complaint, but also you may rally others to your cause."

And here we are, over 100 posts in the thread, thousands of views. I had not realized that I would only be voicing my complaints to other players! Come on devs, we are paying customers (well I certainly am anyway), expecting some feedback isn't asking for too much, and you obviously aren't busy making vast and rich expansions anymore... ;)
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

I think the graph above shows the problem. Nerfing NTTB lowered the baseline - a lot!
    -Rat
    PS: No one has been asking for a Nerf to NNTB that I ever saw. But then again NTTB doesn't sell Krono - like "other" class abilities do.
  4. Deadline New Member

NTTB is for group tanking very useful and should stay with same duration as the recast delay is. In the state right now i am saving it just for a named and for trash i use other cds. So its just a plain another cd and we need a lot more heal for trash vs knight/sk as before.
  5. Valk Journeyman

I am thinking SOE is actually pretty smart in one way though, notice how they made these class forums as a "sub-forum" so new potential (haha) players would not see all the complaining that happens. Nice how they can keep it sectioned off and forgotten.

Since warriors (and other classes that have felt this anger over being nerfed and ignored) are just shut in our little corner until we run out of gas on this issue, I propose that SOE let us class change.

Why not?

I spent YEARS getting my warrior his gear and aa's. When I started a warrior years ago, his class "vision" was completely different than now. Its like buying a car, starting with a nice sport car or something, and a few years later, the car manufacture dropping off a station wagon in my driveway, and saying hey, this is your car now, don't like it, tough!. Meanwhile I spent years washing, waxing and maintaining my "car".

I sent Piestro a "private" message, asking why the change, and of course, he did not answer me.

I really think though that the EQ players will have to do something drastic soon, or they will continue going down this road, making us cookie cutter versions of each other, with one or 2 "favourite" classes.
  6. Ranpha Augur

Worst part of this flat out nerf is that I now need to get out a spreadsheet and parser to figure out when and with which buffs NTTB isn't actually a detriment. I'm really starting to dislike all of the issues the Warrior class has with regards to stacking our own AA's with commonly available buffs. It's like every "nice" AA the class gets is situational, which usually means "useless when fully buffed" or "useless when you have a cleric in your group".

AA's and Buffs both should do what they say they do, not be marginalized by stacking issues and technicalities in the spell system.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  7. Beneden Lorekeeper

I needed to see how the NTTB nerf was going to be before I chimed in on this thread. Last night, I set up in the camp spot that I've been living in for the past couple weeks while waiting for all the "new content" to launch. As stated already, as soon as NTTB wore off and was in cool down, my merc was unable to adjust to the new healing requirements and I now started dieing to trash that I was able to tank prior to the nerf. Also, I was also able to be stunned during one pull which allowed the mob to flail away on my back bringing my health down to a dangerous level, as well as every dot the mobs casted now landing on me which were previously reflected by NTTB. This nerf was as Harsh as the nerf to Flash of Anger and other discs that went live before serious thought was put into them. That's all I have to say for now. I'll have to adjust like we always do.
  8. arsenil Lorekeeper

this change has only put wars at the bottom of the pack again when it comes to tanking group and even in raids . no idea why they would change this it had put wars back where they were supposed to be
  9. Valk Journeyman

10. Valk Journeyman

guess I can't figure how to quote someone.
  11. Augok Lorekeeper

you just missed off a square quote before closing the quote ;)

On Topic however -
    NTTB did need to be changed so it didn't mitigate all effects (including a raid slow aura in 4th Gate) but the change I'm certain shouldn't be as bad as it is.
    I am actually better on all raids NOT using this disc. I'm better off in group named not using this disc...
    The one place it might be useful (Trash kill) I cant use because of the timer 40% of the time but even that doesn't matter because it makes 0 difference to win or loose... or even mana usage by healer.

All in all useless in its current format now.
  12. Aonghas Elder

So, after having played around with NTtB post nerf, I can say that this disc approaches uselessness now in most situations.

If I am grouping or raiding and have an actual cleric around, I have the choice between NTtB for 3 minutes out of every 5, or else Shining Bastion all the time. Strangely enough, the difference in effectiveness between 10% reduction and a flat 3kish reduction isn't very much at all. Who would have imagined? :p

If I am soloing normal mobs, I have the choice of either fighting mobs I can handle with NTtB and sitting around for 2 minutes out of 5, or else fighting mobs that I can handle without NTtB and not bothering with it. And wouldn't you know it, most of the mobs in a given area of a given zone have roughly similar power levels, so it's not like I can go back and forth at will at a single camp.

But I did find something I can now do better with NTtB after the nerf!

You see, before the nerf, with the 5 min duration, I had to be moderate about pulling mobs so as not to burn out the disc before the timer came back up. That's no longer a problem. It's actually quite difficult to burn out 600 hits in 3 minutes.

So I ran a little experiment. I rounded up 6 weak con blue lions and wolves in Ethernere Tainted West Karana, and then used NTtB and Offensive disc (which should make me take more damage), and took them all on at once. I even used a 2hander instead of a shield. I killed them all, took almost no damage, and I had hits left on NTtB when it faded.

<sarcasm> How awesome.</sarcasm>

So congrats, SOE devs. You took a fantastic disc warriors used all the time, that required planning and forethought in picking our battles, and that was helpful in any situation, and you turned it into a disc that ranges from marginally useful to nearly useless unless I am soloing small swarms of weak blue mobs. Stellar job there, truly a spectacular example of how to ruin something useful. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.
  13. Valk Journeyman

What's that deafening silence......?

Oh yea, that would be SOE's response on the NTTB "fix"!
  14. Daegun Augur

Just keep posting your complaints and the problems we are running into.

Hopefully we'll get their attention.

What was perhaps the biggest bone warriors had been thrown in years is now garbage.
  15. Makavien Augur

We have put up thousands of replies to the class vision change. Prolly hundreds of good viable ideas to fix our class. I think they like keeping us terrible to play to make the game seem harder to everyone else. I mean you all do know most of our avoidance doesn't even work right now but they would rather nerf the only bandaid we have right now to help that issue?

We should have a mass walk out really seems that is the only way to get their attention like we had to do to get shield block and all that stuff. Or the necros had to do to get a group version of the most recent spell that was nerfed made.
  16. Marshall Maathers Augur

Whether they are swayed by that or not, I'm unsure truly, but this was the final straw for me to revert 2 of my 3 accounts to silver. They will expire within the next month.

I am working on a plan to get myself to a point where I can get the 3rd one silver too. This is not simply because of this nerf, it is that since I came back to the game in early 2013, I realize that you can always count on Sony to overreact when anything behaves in a way they don't like:

-Death bloom wasn't broken in the first place
    -preincarnation needed a minor change to stop soloing raid bosses, ended up being completely smashed
    -they almost changed kiting for every class, some of which had been able to do it since vanilla, in order to stop one class from lagging zones
    -now 3 different nerfs to NTTB where 1 would have sufficed (stopping the spell resists that were not intended)

So. very. frustrating.
  17. Hamshire Augur

Start a thread like this in The Veterans' Lounge and have it blow up like this one, they will respond there.
  18. Marshall Maathers Augur

One was started, and locked and the mod linked to this one.
  19. Aonghas Elder

A not-too-subtle hint to go sit in the corner and stop bothering them, if you ask me.
  20. Darsh Journeyman

Is anyone willing to go on strike till they fix it??