Who decided to make Corathus Deep a hot zone?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Coldmouth, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Coldmouth Elder

Went to CC at level 50 as instructed by EQ Team... and the 3rd mob I run into regens more than me and my J1 Tank merc can output... Yes, the mob literally stayed 99% and 100% the entire fight with no other mobs healing it, just regen.

This zone is horrendous and making it a hot zone is a joke.

/rant
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. doktartp Augur

ignore it, go to like droga or sebilis or something that is nice xp.
  3. Sinestra Augur

What mob was it? Some of the mobs in the zone aren't meant to be killed, but I thought they had made them not aggressive.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

As I recall, it's a mushroom.
    Looks normal enough - till you try to take it down. :)
    -Rat
  5. SyDiko Augur

You are ranting, without giving us any hints as to why you're having a hard time. For all we know is you're trying to melee with a Enchanter wearing all strength gear.

With that, can you post some more information about your character?
  6. Lobsterpants New Member

I went there last night boxing two 48s, the mobs had high HP but the exp and money was pretty good.

Also reiterating what SyDiko said ^ , give us more information instead of ranting.
  7. Treiln Augur

Wait till you get to Plane of Air hot zone. You think CC bad? Lol lemme know how it goes for you :)
    Vorthax likes this.
  8. SyDiko Augur

Lol, MMO players are becoming softer by the minute.

Plane of Air was an end-game zone that not only needed raid-level access to enter, but required a full group to kill anything. Whether you know this or not is irrelevant per say, but the zone isn't designed around a single person and his/her mercenary. SoEs hot zones are there for players to GROUP with at least 1 or 2 other people plus their mercenaries as an alternate means of leveling with a bonus. Keep in mind that hot zones are not the be all end all for leveling; there are a dozen other zones that you can go to that provide easier killing and technically faster experience gains.

That said, my partner and I at level 60 had no problems in Plane of Air - until we came across enemies that were 7ish levels above us. So, I'm pretty sure at 65, 2 people can dominate the zone if you have the gear, and at least 60 well-spent AAs.
  9. goladith New Member

I had zero issues in CC at level 42 not sure what's wrong there. I was killing just fine with a J1 tank merc as a 42 druid. Not even needing to heal my merc at all, unless I had multiple mobs on me.
  10. Jitar Elder

Definitely avoid Sporali. It's even worse if you get a healer.
  11. Coldmouth Elder

As I stated it was the 3rd mob I ran into. By that, I mean the 3rd mob that, when conned, will attack me if I get on proximity. Yes a sporali or whatever they are called.

I zoned in with my 50 Shaman (wearing Flawed Cosigned bundle or close) and Tank merc, noticed some non-KOS mechanical guys so I assumed they are good people and are friendly.. Pulled first 2 KOS mushroom lookin dudes, took 5+ minutes to kill them with the overpowered and hasted lvl 50 J1 merc. One ran off and agro'd a red conning mushroom (3rd mob in so would have had to fight it anyway). I was kinda close to other mobs, so I put my merc on passive for a minute to pull to a safe spot, and thats where I fought this trash mob at 99% for 5 minutes while wondering what the heck SOE was thinking. If an overpowered Merc w/ haste cant drop it below 99% when this is THE Hot Zone for my level then something is wrong whether you want to agree with me or not.

After going to Allakhazam, looks like others had this issue, and the issue is an overpowered regen they cast that has to be dispelled if you want to outdps the mobs with the buff while Molo'ing.. I should have seen that!.... oh wait, that's right, we need leadership abilities to see that.... LOL stupid zone. Here you see in the comments even a level 70 couldnt drop them http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=18959
  12. Coldmouth Elder

from allakhazam:

Yeah if people 20 levels higher than me cant kill the 3rd mob in this zone - a spirali defender, then SOE messed up!

SOE please fix, it appears to only be certain mobs thats fighting 20+ levels higher with insane regen. People like me who just returned to the game find stuff like this frustrating. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=18959
  13. Linora New Member

You could try dispelling it (Nullify Magic in your case) as it says in the link you posted? There are undercons in many zones in EQ I'm afraid, part of the learning process is knowing which mobs to avoid.

Now I've not fought this particular mob but does it see invis? If not then just invis up and get past it and try some of the other stuff in the zone.
  14. Treiln Augur

I can understand wjat you're saying and respect it but not everyone has a friend they can group with all the time. I personally have real life friends that play EQ. They play their MMOs and refuse to leave because they like them, just as I refuse to join my friends because I enjoy EQ. Doesnt help that my server doesn't have many low level players. If you see one its usually and alt being PLd to 70-80.

That being said, Mercs are a great idea. When I first came back I leveled my SK up from scratch. No twinks, no money to keep up to date with the most current gear (though I was some how miraculously able to stay on top of the gear issue). But I had been following along on the hot zones for the daily tasks for armor upgrades and some quick cash. Went to PoA at 63 and about 150 defensive AAs and a healer merc and I whacked on the damn mobs until they had about 40% health and then my healer merc ran out of mana. If I had a higher dps class I may have been able to burn one or two mobs before the merc gave up the ghost. But I didn't.

Grouping is great, especially if you can have 4 players (2 PCs and 2 Mercs) going hard at it but a lot of the time grouping isn't an option for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. All in all, Elysium (sp?) Kingdom of Wind was a horrible choice for a 60s hot zone. CC I'm okay with. Had some difficulties with mobs healing themselves (hard to kill those shrooms when they keep healing and aggroing), but was okay with that and Undershore. PoA, even for people who do raid and are used to more difficult scenarios, they avoid that place like the plague.
  15. Necromonious Augur

They won't do anything. At one point they had Kod'Taz as a hotzone if I recall, the mobs in there tore my face off. All of them.

Wall of Slaughter did the same thing for a long time. Mobs truck around at SoW speed and 1 add meant death, then they had those ridic roaming named that would kill me so fast my merc would immediately rez me because she never got one heal off I died so fast ;)
  16. SyDiko Augur

Cold, I'm glad you found an answer to your problem.

On the other hand, many of you guys are severely missing the point of hot zones + social gaming. The ultimate idea is to bring like-leveled players together in order to form groups! If you have friends around the same level all the better, but ultimately EQ encourages that you find new friends and EverQuest is trying really hard to preserve this original notion. Moreover, mercenaries aren't there to replace players; they are there in the absent of a once thriving community. Sony knows that the player population is decreasing with each year and mercenaries are there to help fill that void.

In regards to Plane of Air, Kod'Taz, and Wall of Slaughter - these zones all needed full groups of 65s when the content was fresh. All 3 zones, with some exceptions assumed that you had the appropriate gear, spells, and AAs to cope with the increased difficulty. What I'm trying to say is just because they're labeled hot, that doesn't mean you'll be able to survive there alone, in defiant gear, and with your mercenary.
  17. complexication Kassina

You..also do realize those comments are about 8 years old, and that the gameplay has more than likely changed in CC since then?

If people are having that much trouble at level 70+ with sporalis then obviously they're not doing something right.
  18. BoomWalker Augur

And yet you didn't finishing reading the thread? The first post (top on the page) says:

Did you try what others suggested and is on the actual page you pulled selective quotes from???

If you want to complain about mobs you can't kill in lower level zones...go to Cabalis and try killing some of the mobs in that starter city. Boo Hoo...they have 2 million hps....this is a level 1 zone...boo hoo....
  19. Coldmouth Elder

Next time you try to be a smart- by telling people to read, try reading the thread where I explicitly mention dispel. Ouch....

Let me point you in the right direction boy

and maybe my "selective quoting" was pointing to the posts that mentioned the mob being bugged out for its level... NO WAY.
  20. Coldmouth Elder

Apparently you missed the part about a bugged trash mob being 10x harder to kill than the other mobs and it still being in the game... So no, they may be doing everything right actually. Like I said, if a Journey tank merc cant drop it below 99%, something is probably wrong.