Any class, max aa, max gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalipto, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Kalipto Augur

If you could pick any class to have maxed AA and top of the line raid gear, what would it be and why?

For me, monk. They seem so universal, pulling, tanking, top notch dps. Second choice, gee I don't even know. Maybe beastlord. I'm sensing a theme.
  2. drkoli Augur

Necro! Moar dots!
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Class Envy is against the rules ain't it?
    drkoli likes this.
  4. Kalipto Augur

Yeah necro would be pretty cool too! Though seems like casters dont benefit quite as much as melee does from top gear. Well save for a couple focus slots. But perhaps my thinking is largely flawed!
  5. Lyrical Augur

Not to seem contrarian here but........since when were monks able to tank again and be considered top tier dps? I quit playing my main monk back a couple years ago when pullers were no longer needed and anyone who could carry a weapon could out dps them. Did something change?
  6. Azzurri Journeyman

Yes
    Axxius likes this.
  7. Terroz New Member

Very much so.
    But I'm still sticking with Beastlord! Monks are still only half of a beastlord!
  8. Khauruk Augur

I'd have to go with monk, paladin or SK. Tankability, utility, and in the case of monk quite awesome dps. Any of the three are the core of an awesome duo/trio/whatever. Beastlord would be far up there, but I've played one for a long time and just am not that interested in it anymore.
  9. Falos Augur

Mage's arent a super gear dependant class BUT I wouldnt mind having an end game raid geared mage. I'd kill for an end-game pet focus on mine, i'd be god mode if i had one.
  10. Booger Elder

Mage or SK
  11. Daegun Augur

Monks tank pretty well even in group gear with staff block - not even factoring in 30sec mend. Monk dps is also a lot more reliable as of late since a larger portion of it now comes from kicks and the various aa and abilities/disc that amplify them. A group geared monk can tank for a group with a single healer for trash single pulls easily. Named are harder.

I imagine a raid geared monk would wipe his with your average group geared tank - tank holding some minor but irrelevant edge on named while under disc.

I'm happy to say monks are a fun, viable, and useful class again.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

I'm happy with paladin. Very hard to kill, lots to bring to the group or raid. Sadly though, soloing mobs can be like watching paint dry :eek:
  13. Ardin Elder

necro or mage
    necro because it is so versatile
    mage because of god mode
  14. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I'd pick a warrior. No other single character can make a bigger difference taking a group of wanna-be raiders, and turning them into a decent raid guild.
    moogs, Elricvonclief and SanoBard like this.
  15. Langya Augur

All classes are equal, but some are more equal that others.
    moogs, Elricvonclief and Axxius like this.
  16. Moklianne Augur

SK, not much that you can't do with a merc. Plus, they are really a fun class.
  17. Zaknaffein Augur

I'm bias myself since I have played a warrior for over a decade now, but I still would choose Warrior over the others because of this exact statement:
    Any of the tanks work though because they are more dependent on gear/AA than any other class.
    I'd go with warrior over the other two and then a pally probably, because of just how many AA paladins have and overall benefit they give over a SK. Then I would go for Pure melee types, monk rogue zerker because DPS always makes everything easier. I think I would then go with a hybrid type, ranger/Bst because of thier versatility and amount of AA they have. After those I would go with Caster DPS and mainly because they don't exactly require the same amount as do melee, maybe throw Necro a little higher with the Pure melee types just because of how amazing necros can be and how fun this class is, then on to the healers types and lastely, Bards... Even though Bards are probably the most fun class to play, they really don't require too many AA/Gear.
  18. Everstorm Augur

What's the point of getting a character for free that is finished? Just park it till next expansion?
    --Voodoo-- likes this.
  19. --Voodoo-- Augur

I was going to say the same thing.

I'd go with a shammy. Buff bot for the classes I actually want to play.
  20. Kalipto Augur

Who said it would be free? Assume you hit this maximum cap a few days before the next expansion released. Now that's being ready to roll!