Race and Class Combo Clash Winner Revealed!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

By: Ry “Roshen” Schueller

Since December, players have been voting for the race and class combination that they would like to see added to the game for the 15-year anniversary of EverQuest on March 16, 2014. The Race and Class Combo Clash has run several rounds, and in each round contestants have matched up with the winners from other brackets. Now that it’s all over, one single race/class contestant has risen to the top!

Winner: Wood Elf Beastlord

[IMG]
    "Nature itself rises up against you, abomination. You cannot win!"

All Feir'Dal revere nature to some extent, but only the most devoted receive the great gift of Tunare: a personal treant protector. Alongside their blessed companion, Wood Elf Beastlords fight to protect nature everywhere, and punish any who seek to upset its balance. The natural warder is eager to gain vengeance for the atrocities it saw and suffered for thousands of years in its helpless form.

In addition to Wood Elf Beastlords, Froglok Monks will also become available as a playable race/class combination in-game on or around the 15th Anniversary of EverQuest on March 16, 2014. Welcome to the year of EverQuest and the celebration for 15 years of online gaming innovation!
    Frosten, Cazmac, Axxius and 1 other person like this.
  2. LoudGuitar Journeyman

3. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

4. Feradach Augur

Something other than DE ranger? Awesome!
    Vorthax, Norathorr, Axxius and 3 others like this.
  5. Sinestra Augur

Yeah! Awesome that we have a new gardener class rather than a Beastlord. At least the hipsters are happy.
    Yinla and xcitng like this.
  6. Rouan Augur

PRAISE BE TO KARANA!

May the Drizzt fanboys go cry in their lame corners.
  7. Sinestra Augur

And we can get something equally unimpressive and against lore. At least EQ players are consistently ridiculous.
    Obiziana, Gyurika Godofwar and Zyrek like this.
  8. Darzag Elder

WHAT?...They didn't reverse the results of the voting!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

Froglok like lvl 65 Enchanter illusion frogloks? TYTE!
    Obiziana and Zyrek like this.
  10. Sinestra Augur

They never did. A bunch of less than intelligent people were cheating the vote and they fixed them. Which is what they have been saying the whole time, regardless of the conspiracy theorists.
  11. Emphant Lorekeeper

You know, I keep seeing people complaining about all the Drizzit wannabes they think there will be...but I have never actually seen anyone say they want to play a Drizzit.
  12. Usullx Lorekeeper

No Dre, its not that Illusion, the SoE employee that made the post should have said "Guktan".
    Obiziana likes this.
  13. Usullx Lorekeeper

An elf that can't use a bow... Priceless.
  14. Mournblade Lorekeeper

Unbelievable! Who voted for this lame combo?
  15. Riou EQResource

They are 'Guktan' Monks :p hehe
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Fendy Augur

You must mean ANOTHER elf that can't use a bow. Because my wood elf druid has never been able to.
    Stubar, Gyurika Godofwar and Rouan like this.
  17. xcitng Augur

seems soe people don't know that a guktan is not a froglok as in the race listing at the eqplayers site it calls them froglok ... i was not happy to see that :(
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Usullx Lorekeeper

Sorry I should have said, an Elf that would rather throw a stone at a foe, than learn how to use a bow.
  19. Tarrin Augur

I did!
  20. Osco Journeyman

I did too!
    See you in Gloomingdeep on March 16, Tarrin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.