Decorative Dummies --how do you translate the naming system

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Endo, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Endo Journeyman

Could this be any less transparent?

For the decorative combat test dummies that can go in guild halls, how do I know what type is what level and which part of the name do I pay attention to to determine this?

They read like this:

Combat Dummy Paza
    (Model - Quela)

What does Paza mean to and what does Quela mean? Which do I look at to determine the level?

What is difference between the name type and the model type?

We have four test dummies in our guildhall and I have no idea what they are and what level.
  2. Endo Journeyman

As another example, here are two of the models sitting in our GH..what is the difference between them:

Combat Dummy Azia
    (Model Quela)

and

Combat Dummy Beza
    (Model Quela)

Different names, but same Model.
  3. Khoza Augur

These two are the same level. (Model Quela) The Azia dummy was placed before the Beza dummy.

I believe the dummies work on a 5-level system. So, Model Azia is level 20 (or whatever the minimum level is) Beza is level 25, Caza is 30, etc. Exception, I believe Paza and Qela are the same level.

Note that I haven't actually tested this, it may be outright wrong or have a starting level other than 20.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm not sure why when you inspect them it isn't listed in the description....
  5. Endo Journeyman

Thanks.

So the first line Name really means nothing..its just a "name", but the Model is what determines the level?

Combat Dummy Azia --- this name really means nothing

(Model Quela) --- this is what determines the level..and if I go by comments on posts in Alla, then "Model Quela" is level 95 ? (Note, nothing official, just people commenting on what the level is).

And in my example above, both those Dummies are both level 95 and essentially the same thing?

6. Tobynn Augur

The model determines the level. They scale alphabetically; from model Azia level 50 up to model Qela level 95.

Believe the dummy name is determined simply by placement sequence. For example, if the first dummy you place is a model Qela, its name will show as Combat Dummy Azia (Model Qela). If you place a second model Qela, its name will show as Combat Dummy Beta (Model Qela), a third Qela will show as Combat Dummy Caza (Model Qela), etc. 123ABC.

Believe over time the levels have been confirmed merely by /conning the dummies with characters at assorted levels. Qela is an even con to my level 95 alt.

Can also look up the dummies on Magelo to verify levels.
  7. Braveheart Augur

Isn't Paza - Group Level 95
    Isn't Qela - Raid Level 95
  8. Dzarn Developer

The NPC's name is indeed just the order in which it was placed.
    I wanted to make sure each dummy had a unique name so you could parse out the combat log text more easily.

The model determines what level and tier of stats the dummy has:
    Azia: Original EverQuest
    Beza: Planes of Power
    Caza: Legacy of Ykesha
    Dena: LDoN
    Ena: Gates of Discord
    Fana: Omens of War
    Geza: Dragons of Norrath
    Heda: Depths of Darkhollow
    Izah: Prophecy of Ro
    Jaka: The Serpent's Spine
    Kala: The Buried Sea
    Lena: Secrets of Faydwer (Tier 3)
    Meda: Seeds of Discord (Tier 4)
    Neza: Underfoot (Tier 3)
    Ozah: House of Thule (Tier 4)
    Paza: Veil of Alaris (Tier 1)
    Qela: Veil of Alaris (Tier 4)
    Nniki, Quatr, Maurasi and 10 others like this.
  9. Fendy Augur

Since I learned that practicing on the practice dummies does nothing to improve actual skills they are useless to me. Maybe they should be renamed parsing dummies.
    Zwack likes this.
  10. Edrick Augur

Dzarn comes out of no where and makes an awesome and informative post.
    That is exactly what they were meant for when they were introduced.
  11. Adaire Lorekeeper

For baby jeezus sake add in a (lvl ##) indicator in game!
  12. Zwack New Member

5 years later and nothing has changed in this regard. Sad!
  13. Rolaque Ancient

All the dummy stats can be changed. Just figure it out.
  14. mulila Elder

right click the dummy and look at the menu, they can be useful in all sorts of ways changing the body type, adding or reducing level, adding or reducing AC. great for testing different augs in your weapons. yes sad to say can't skill up on attack skills like piercing or slashing. you can skill up on casting on them since that is more on you and not your target.