Customer Service Announcement: Gold Membership

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passiion New Member

After being gone for over 8 years I let somebody entice me back into playing Everquest. These days I find the endless grinding to level tedious at best so was happy to see the Achievements added during my absence. I have been working diligently on the Achievements and was saddened to discover at the last minute that I couldn't complete the prior Frostfell quests due to a lack of station cash. I spent what I had saved up during the bag sale with my saved sc plus a $5 present of sc from my significant other. I'm not one to spend real world money on something virtual (i.e. a bag to carry loot around with, a mount to ride on) so saved my free station cash until I could buy what I coveted. I thought to myself I would save enough station cash over the next year to be able to finish that prior achievement. This change ensures that will never be possible. This year the Frostfell items were 100sc apiece and there are 12 items to acquire to complete the quest. And with 2000sc a month, but, only allowed one item purchase and items only available during Frostfell, you've killed this achievement completely (for me at least).

I want to be able to spend the 2000sc value on what I want, whether it be 12 items of 100sc value or 1 item of 2000sc value. I don't mind that it won't roll over. I do really mind that you are screwing up "set in stone" quests that can't be completed with your new idea. Hopefully you will look into and either make the items free next year as they were in the beginning or remove the achievement completely since this will kill it!

Thank you for your attention.
  2. Snaky-CT Journeyman

The slippery slope has gotten steeper.

This change to SC is just plain wrong and makes me very angry.
    Geroblue likes this.
  3. macsun0069 New Member

All this is about, Sony needs to keep increasing revenue. Undoubtedly, a E-mail went down the line to all divisions of their corporation, "make mo'money" and this is the result.

They will change "perk/freebie" items to be visibly look better, but will increase cash income and give less to loyal, paying customers.

They forget the perk they get from us, in a FTP game. Recurring payments. I'm in the player base that keeps his subscription going, even when on a month or 2 break. I enjoyed the extras that i would get upon returning.

Since they have decided to take something away, so can I. I'm taking my perk away, 3 recurring subscriptions. I'm not whining and taking my ball and running home, I'll still play, but be sure to cancel payments when on a break. And hope other will do the same.

And seeing how their not interested in satisfying their customers, I definitely won't be a getting a founders pack for EQLN and its eventual equivalent for EQ Next.

IMO, if they wish to change the structure, wait to implement it and change the station. Offer bundles(up to 2000sc) of little items. Items that are normally bought in groups anyway, like trees or housing items. Multi-packs of LDoN cards.

Or give 1000SC, that can be used on more than 1 item, but lost at the end of the month maybe.

With the new plan, all those dozens or hundreds of 100 - 200sc item's on the Marketplace will rot.

I for one, haven't forgotten there isn't one single physical thing you get with SC, it is all virtual. I know there are employees getting paid to create and maintain the Marketplace, but in the end we get nothing. I work for my money as well and will stop spending it on those virtual trinkets that add little to nothing, to my overall enjoyment of the game.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Right. That wouldn't fall into the >500SC category.
  5. Lonestar Elder

What upsets me most about this change is that its stems from another game. They are tightening up because of the cost of EQNEXT. SOE is sinking its dollars into this new idea of a game and pulling good products like eq down the money hole with it. I was surprised not to see double or triple station cash over these holidays now it all makes sense. They cant allow to much station cash to be floating around. Since all soe uses the same station cash, it takes from the expected profit. Giving out station cash for accounts that are active in other soe games does the same thing. So now we can not expect any station cash to be given out. Proof of this is the lack of station cash promotion that we have had since station cash become available.
    What upsets me about the whole thing is the dishonesty of it. Our game EVERQUEST like EQ2 and the others will suffer for their dream of eqnext to succeed. Its not fair but its been happening for a while now. SOE has lost interest in an old game and is not spending the amount of money on game development that should be. We lose dev team and funding and we are left with ... the end... not much. This is not the end of eq because they will continue to pull money from this game for years but its the end of devotion to the EQ community. EVERY thing lacking in this last expansion is proof. I am not uspet with the DEV team we do have and I think they do a great job but when you have a thumb on your head telling you to cut back and give to the new project it sucks.
    I have been long time subscriber. I have been active since 2004 when i learned gaming. Haven't always been online playing but have always kept 2 of my accounts active. I leave from time to time when life gets busy but my accounts never lapse. I am seriously considering in march when they come due again to just go silver and never pay again. I mostly log to be with many friends i have made over the years but this treatment we are receiving is undesirable.

The best thing that could happen from this point forward is to allow the playerbase to claim sc for select games and have it only work toward that game. Kinda like lore cash for only Everquest. When you redeem station cash you would have an option to put it into the soe all game access wallet or just put it in an Everquest wallet.
  6. Canik Augur

That was in regards to coming out ahead, not the >500 part. Excuse my lack of clarification.
  7. Beechwoodgrey Augur

As a yearly subscriber I did not buy into this but meh. Normally the items I buy range from 100 to 200 so instead of getting 3 to 5 items I'll get one pricey one that I don't really want, I rather save up my 500 per month then be forced to spend it.

I am amused that not only are you forced to spend the SC or lose it, you are also limited on what you can spend it on, so how do they differentiate between SC you buy and SC you are awarded monthly?

At any rate this should be interesting.
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

Completely incorrect. The SC was only added to gold subs in the first place as an enticement to maintain flagging recurring subscriptions (what they base their budget projections off of, or any sane business would anyway). It was given for an express purpose, and now is being nerfed in order to facilitate the fact that they want SC to work across all SOE games and they are prepping for EQNext.

This is all about EQNext and has nothing to do with this game at all. An advertised feature that is paid for becomes part of what is paid for. It was never "free" in the first place.

This stinks for many people that used it to get free server xfers, or saved it for sales to get free bags or LoN boosters. Other than that, its probably mostly a wash in practice so the outcry does probably outweigh the real impact. But that doesn't negate the point that the paying subscribers are being given a raw deal and its being portrayed as an upgrade.

Personally, I wonder if we would be better served to try and get prices adjusted on some eq items since this is really about EQNext. Drop server xfers and single big bag prices down to 2000, for example, and maybe add some non-exempt LoN booster 2 pack bundles, and I bet the vast majority of complaints go away. Doesn't help the people that saved it for various cheap ornaments and such, but it would ease a lot of the bigger complaints.
    Terminat likes this.
  9. Canik Augur

Wait... Maybe this is all a hype builder for the Hate Rising content update... as this is certainly generating the titled efffect
    Indrigoth likes this.
  10. Piestro Augur

I can 100% assure you this change has nothing to do with EQNext.
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Fizzer Journeyman

Will this apply to Krono Gold Memberships. For every month we get with a krono do we get SC?
    Leerah likes this.
  12. Piestro Augur

They are examples, not promises. I can say that we intend to keep exclusions to a minimum, and we have no plans to raise prices as a result of these changes. As I said before, we can't promise prices will never raise. It won't be because of this though.
  13. Piestro Augur

Krono are not a recurring method, therefore they aren't impacted by these changes.
  14. ClapClap Elder

It has to do with greed pure and simple. You guys are trying to pass this as something good but we're not stupid. Why lie to us? It's not a good thing. Include bags and let us pay for the difference if you really care! That won't be done because you will end up getting more SC sold if you do the 2000SC on 1 item that most of us won't want and will be underpriced. I want my 500SC My WAY-TYVM!
    Indrigoth likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

No worries. Anything less than 500 and you lose. I'm hoping that they will use this change to start allowing bundles of things (so maybe a LoN 2-pack of boosters instead of one, or multiple house building items or something.)
    Kellan likes this.
  16. Geroblue Augur

I feel this way to. This change is to get us to drop EQ and go to EQ Next. I mentioned this months ago as a possibility, and now it looks like SOE is 'adding' so much value, so we will all quit and go to EQ Next.

Except, I don't see it as adding value, but adding reasons for me to stop paying my subs and go ftp.
  17. Geroblue Augur

I thought large bags were a good idea at first, then I realized how must they cost in real money. I rarely get them. I just don't see paying 20 dollars for a virtual bag.

I'm starting to find other hobbies now.
  18. Yogore New Member

I would like to express my displeasure with this change which, to me, is not adding more value. I feel this is actually diminishing the value of the previous benefit. Why? Because previously, I could accumulate the 500sc per month and then use it on any item up to or greater than 2000sc. This, purchasing any item once I saved enough for it, is more beneficial to me than limiting my choices to items between 100sc and 2000sc.

I do wonder what will happen to any accumulated SC that your account has on February 3rd that was a direct result of the 500 per month allocation (not purchased). Do we need to use it all before this change? Will the accumulated value of not purchased SC be zeroed-out after February 3rd?
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. Canik Augur

I'm gonna miss being able to grab random small items :(
    Indrigoth and Geroblue like this.
  20. Geroblue Augur

It may not be that way, but it comes across as two items too close together to be anything else.

I also accumulate 500SC, not all the time, but I do sometimes, and spend it. I'm very saddened by this change.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.