Customer Service Announcement: Gold Membership

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draego Augur

The only severe difference to what you are saying though Canik is as follows.

IF you chose to pay for a Gold Sub after they made the announcement that Gold Subs would include 500SC free monthly, that is one thing.

However, it seems you may have forgotten the other side of the coin, being that before F2P was announced, you either paid for a Sub or did not play at all, because there was no F2P.

After F2P came out there were incentives and/or options added for existing paying customers, you could choose to remain a paying (which became Gold Sub) member and receive the perks or you could drop to F2P (true freebie or Silver) and get nada. Regardless the 500SC was only offered as a perk to those who chose to reamin Gold at that time.

Then they introduced Krono, which SOE views as a "not a paid for by you" style of subscription, yes it gives you Gold status, but since it is not a guaranteed reoccuring model you receive no Gold status perks.

Does it suck they chose to make the change, well yeah, but they did not have to allow the free SC monthly to begin with. Further they could have raised the subscription fees monthly so as to include cost and coverage of the SC, but as pointed out this would have only hurt them in the long run.
  2. Draego Augur

Please provide the link verifying this statement.
  3. Canik Augur

I understand that it is not a requirement, and it was not always an inclusion. I have no qualms with them changing anything at all. My only concern is that is changes the value of what I am getting for my money. Going down the list of what is offered in each package, you really do not lose much going from gold to silver. If I would spend less in buy what I want from the store then what I pay for the subscription, then it is no longer of equal value to my subscription. The 500 SC helped it to reach that goal. I now have to decide if the new offering is enough to keep it at that level.
  4. Canik Augur

What do you mean? You pay for a gold level membership, you got 500SC. This made it part of a package. Did you need the definition of package?
  5. Jacizak New Member

The package is the subscription. The list that shows what it means to be a gold member is part of that package. The fancy ads sale sticker pasted to the top clearly states that it's a promotion designed to attract people, but a promotion nonetheless. But you're paying for gold membership, not free SC. They could take away the free SC and it would still be $14.99 for the subscription.

The only thing being argued here is the definition of "the value of your money."

So like I said, if you're paying $14.99 for the sole purpose of a free 500SC then that's on you. It's ridiculous, when there are more cost efficient ways to spend money for SC.
  6. Canik Augur

Where are you being confused by this? It says, currently, free 500SC per month with a recurring subscription. That, by definition, includes it in the subscription. The 500SC Per month added to the value of what we got in a gold level membership. Changing that changes the overall value. I am not sure how I make this more clear...
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Songsa Augur

You really want to add more value? Just let people have choice : 500sc/month or this. Because atm i dont see lots of players happy with this new "exceptionnal value".
    Garshok, KC13 and Axxius like this.
  8. Zantor Augur

Not sure if it was asked yet, not reading thru 6 pages of questions. But does this apply to people that use game cards also?

But on another note, I think this new way will benefit more players then it won't. instead of 5.00 bonus per month it is 20.00, most items cost less then 2000 SC, how many will use it for tradeskills potions and mounts? Don't let a few who want everything they always wanted and complaining cause they aren't getting it ruin it for the rest.
  9. Mysl Augur

Well, it does said something about exceptions. So, I won't be too surprise that the tradeskills potion and bags be one of those exceptions. Only SoE know what sell well, would a for profit company put their most profitable item up for free?

WE really need more details on this change.
  10. drkoli Augur

The potions of adventure will not be covered in the 2k SC
  11. Jacizak New Member

and this:

removes it from the subscription and should not be considered as part of the value of the subscription.
  12. Zenedia New Member

I will add my voice as being totally unhappy with this change.

Personally, I saved my 500 SC for months on end to afford one 32-slot bag. I even bought some SC with real money to expedite the purchase a bit. Now, it looks like that has come to an end. I'm sure not going to spend $25 for a pixellated bag that doesn't even belong to me.
    Leerah likes this.
  13. Canik Augur

Umm.... no it doesn't. But you obviously flat out disagree with basic definitions. As such, we have no grounds for a constructive debate. Have a great day!
  14. Eandolf Elder

Jacizak, it isn't a matter of whether or not SOE can make this change, I think most are questioning why and if they should make the change.

If the primary goal of providing SC on a monthly basis was to encourage player loyalty by incentivizing them to remain Gold customers, then changing that benefit may change their loyalty. SOE has every right and certainly can make any changes they want to the free SC. Just as players can make changes in their playing habits (go free to play, etc).
  15. Panna New Member

This sucks big time! I don't want to HAVE to buy something for 2000 SC every month. I want to be able to save up my points to go on a buying spree when I want to do so. I don't have time or need to go searching thru the marketplace for something to buy each month. Why do you get away with giving us something, then taking it away a few months later. I have been playing EQ since the beginning, have never let my accounts lapse, and I am finally starting to get disgusted with the way I am jerked around. Why not make an option?? Or at the least, a poll! It would be interesting to see what most people would choose!
    Geroblue and KC13 like this.
  16. Jacizak New Member

I have no disagreement with this. I disagree that the free SC is part of the subscription. It is an incentive for every month a player keeps the subscription, not part of the subscription itself. If that is the deciding factor for people, then so be it, but to say the it devalues the subscription is false.
  17. Axxius Augur

I asked myself why am I so upset about this whole thing. I don't generally give a damn about SC. When they decided to start giving me 500 SC for free, it meant little to me. Now they are pretty much taking that away and replacing it with 1 mildly useless item per month. It's still more or less irrelevant to the way I play EQ. But there is something about it. I've read it again and the arguments, and now I see what it is:
    ...add more value
    ...add more value
    ...add more value
    But this is not adding more value. It's already explained several times in this thread. We are going to receive LESS value. But instead of any neutral wording, they chose to put a positive spin on it. This is what's really offensive about it! I hate being lied to.

Shame on you, SOE marketing.
    Leerah, Geroblue and KC13 like this.
  18. Jacizak New Member

19. Badname301 New Member

You should keep in mind using kronos as payment for gold level doesn't matter for the free SC. You must have a valid method of continuous payment available and active and have an active subscription to get the 500 free SC each month. I also use kronos on my accounts and I do get my monthly SC. But my yearly subscription is still live; it just keeps moving the date forward every time I use a krono without ever billing my credit card. The reward is for "active subscriptions" not active gold level.
  20. Muuadib Journeyman

This is the first I've ever heard of free monthly SC! I have 2 accounts and neither have any SC. I'm on 2 gold account's and have been a subscriber since 2000. What is required to receive free SC? I do receive the monthly LoN free packs but NO SC.

LONG LIVE EQ!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.