No Official Happy New Years from Sony

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Randragon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Tearsin Rain Augur

seriously... this post exists?

this is quite possibly one of the saddest things i have ever seen in my lifetime.
    Potawatomi, Reprisal, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  2. Tobynn Augur

I am so offended by the absence of a blanket holiday wish posted on an Internet forum and directed toward the anonymous masses. I should start up a thread complaining about it to demonstrate how great life must be when this is my big beef for the day. Oh, wait, nevermind.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

What do you expect from a kid?
  4. RedJohn Journeyman

Funniest stuff i ever read :)
  5. Randragon Augur

:)
    :):)
    I had to pass the time somehow. Lack of new content drives one to distraction.
    Thank you all for your response to my rather inane rant.
  6. Falos Augur

I actually appreciate their new found honesty, Them not wishing us a great new year is actually the refreshing kind of honesty I wish businesses would bestow upon their customers more.
  7. Beechwoodgrey Augur

Omg..this post riled up the dog pack. Back in the day it was just a common courtesy to acknowledge a holiday and pass along best wishes..something that PR and CR people do/did. Rebuking a business for not doing so seems to be the chum for the sharks more evidence of the demise of common courtesy . I don't even celebrate Christmas nor New Years but I wish others a Happy one when I am out and about.

I was mildly surprised not to see something on the forum, I consider our CR people very courteous and decent here (unlike how some posters are to them) but I think it's more of an oversight than a snub so give them the benefit of a doubt.

Would I be amiss if I dared to state the people clamoring about over this post would turn in a heart beat if they didn't get their Frostfell goodies from SoE?...Oh wait, there's plenty of posts on that so not really, it's a safe statement.

/hands out pool noodles to everyone so they can duel
  8. Yesway Augur

I don't expect anything from SoE except servers being up so I can play. Getting upset because you don't get anything during "frostfell" or get a "happy new year" is just sad.
    Tarvas likes this.
  9. Ddink Journeyman

Yinla likes this.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

They don't like any of us, that message has been clear for awhile now
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Says it all as far as I'm concerned. Even in the title it says Happy Holidays, covers Christmas as well as New Year as far as I am concerned.

They are off as well!

I bet you didn't send a message to all your work fellow workers, employers, employees, fellow students or customers on New Years day either.
  12. Putrify Elder

As a topic of deconstructing entitlement: well done!

I appreciated the humor and the absurdity as it shines a mocking light on all the posts of players getting bent-out-of-shape about virtual minutiae.

Then again--if the post was serious, I look forward to reading about your future rampage, so I can tell people "yeah, I remember when he was content to sit in his mom's basement and complain about corporations not meeting his expectations concerning season's greetings."
  13. Randragon Augur

It did stir up some interesting responses didn't it?

All it was meant to say was in the past they had a graphical banner up before saying Happy New Year's on the website is all.

I appreciate all the comments both for and against.

The one negative thing though is the fact that some took to using euphenism's and insults such as 'kid' (in its context at the time of the post). I also love the one about 'kid in his mom's basement'. This got a snicker out of me.

Even I fell into that trap when I used the word 'sheeple'.

But I digress. It was just a post about what they used to do and what they do/don't do now. Simple as that. Grain of salt and all that stuff.
  14. Putrify Elder

Just a note: hopefully you could tell that I was deconstructing reactive comments as much as anything in my post. All in fun. It's a game: enjoy it.

Unless you're going to buy one of those SC items to change your Ranger into a Dark Elf in March. Then, you can suck it.

(Again...humor...meant in fun. Don't flame me, Ranger's whose name is Drzzzzttt or whatever....)
  15. Piestro Augur

The convorteum raid piece was actually a subject of discussion in a recent design meeting.
    We discussed it internally. Because holidays are frequently specific to particular groups it's our general position that we are moving away from doing these types of things officially. Happy new years to you (and all players) though. From me, and everyone else here.
  16. Mary Poppins Augur

Do I still get a bday card?
  17. Piestro Augur

You got pirate hat pictures. I do however give you official permission to review them yearly on the anniversary of your birth and bask in the warm glow of your victory.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ishtass like this.
  18. Mary Poppins Augur

19. Putrify Elder

Translation: "We're damned if we do, damned if we don't. But, Happy New Years! Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. Don't feed Ogres or you'll never get rid of them. Shut up and dance. Can't we all just bang a gong?"
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Randragon Augur

Putrify, you are funny...lol.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.