Old Raid Currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dalamyre, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Dalamyre Journeyman

I think older raid currency should become obtainable through some sort of vender system once it becomes obsolete i.e. Loyalty Crowns or maybe quest able through heroic adventures or old progression tasks. Let's use House of Thule for example allow group style gamers to acquire currency to buy raid loot from a special merchant now that it is no longer end game gear and make that currency trade able. This would not be game breaking and would enhance player experience and current raiders shouldn't mind since it is now obsolete.
  2. Gragas Augur

It's still available, do the raids with a group or 2 to get the currency?
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Just 1/2 group the raids, no reason to be handing out twink gear. If you can't do the content you shouldn't have the reward. Or you can always roll a toon on Firiona Vie and just outright buy the crap.
  4. Iila Augur

There is no raid currency for HoT. Just group currency.
  5. Izcurly Augur

What he said. The current concept of raid currency only exists in VoA, RoF, and the released portion of the current expansion. Most of the prior currencies were group-based already.

If raid currency were to come from group tasks, then it wouldn't be raid currency. Just do the raids if you want raid gear. You'll really get that expansions gear fast then...directly, not via currency.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

And if the other complaint is: Well I can't get 1 to 2 groups together or actually do the content with 2 groups. Why should you be able to get the reward if you can't even do the content. Also keep in mind Even HOT raid gear isn't much worse (other then raw HME) then End game group gear...
  7. Kiillz Augur

would LOVE to be able to take the currency I have and CANT use anymore and exchange it even if at a smaller rate lets say to current content currency. Otherwise I just use it to buy stuff to tribute.
  8. Dalamyre Journeyman

I did not ask for it to be handed out, I asked for a way to obtain old raid gear no longer being contested for, yes I can copy it over from FV but I would like to perform tasks to get it.

Good example is Old Man McKenzie if you had completed certain old raids you could buy raid quality gear with the same group currency. Now group missions from him only gave out 1-2 brews per mission and the raid quality stuff cost about 240+ brews per item so its not like you would be fully gearing anyone over night it would take hundreds of missions.

I could buy a full copy of raid gear from FV but I don't want to I would rather perform missions quests and tasks and earn currency to buy old raid loot.
  9. Edrick Augur

No, converting older currency to higher level currency is an absolutely horrible idea. If you want current content items, do current content. If having old currency in your inventory bugs you, delete it.
  10. Iila Augur

You can one-group most of HoT raids by now, so the gear is obtainable at the group level. VoA T1/T2 raids are also beatable with one group, and those give out a ton of loot. With the right class selection, soloing raids up to at least UF is quite possible. There's no lack of obsolete, easy to get raid gear.

But you seem to be asking to be able to molo/box for gear better than what you can molo/box for at the group high-end. With the excuse that because its old raid content, you should be able to get the gear easier than you can get current group gear.

Yeah, would be nice to get SOME use out of all these obsolete raid currencies that are filling up my alt currency window.
  11. Tharrg Augur

Just a question.... what is the harm if a person can solo/molo and get better gear then group gear? You just stated raids can be 1 grouped..... so technically a person can solo raids and get the gear anyway.... as there are people who can box a lot of characters at once and so its not technically impossible. Does it matter if raid gear becomes attainable to others who dont raid? People seem to complain that there just isnt enough people capable of raiding especially because of their gear... so wouldnt this help?
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Soloing and 1 grouping are very very different.

The OP is essentially asking for a reward for no effort involved, if you want the gear solo/1 group it, it shouldn't just be handed out regardless if its 3 year old content or week old content. Especially given the fact raids are guaranteed drops, its not like sitting at a named camp for 7 hours and only getting 1 item. If you can do the raid, you get the gear it just might take an hour or 2 to get people together get a strat down, and do it.

Max group gear = You are raid ready. The problem is theres people that don't even have the ambition to put the time in to get max group gear + augs, THOSE are the types of people you don't want on a raid anyway.

And yes I don't think non raiders should have raid gear from current content if they don't raid if thats what your saying it would completely devalue the effort raiders put in.

I don't Understand why you "NEED" raid gear, In max group gear a group/boxteam/hell even a soloer can pretty much facerape anything in Current Content IF they have the skill to pull it off... All the gear does is marginalize the amount of skill/effort required to achieve the same result (in group content)
  13. Tharrg Augur

Im just curious if it really would change the game any. Raid gear equivalents that take weeks to secure 1 piece at a time from vender through a coin system that you get from grouping or soloing. Its not a horrible thing to have.... if done right.. it is time consuming but would end with people being able to pick up a raid member without having to worry if they are dragging someone along... or if that person is making a difference. Yes you still get bad players... but eventually you can weed those out....
  14. Oogabooga Journeyman

Gear is the easiest thing to fix for new raiders. Like a previous poster said, you don't need older raid gear to get started. Overhaste is about the only thing I can see being even somewhat important, but 8% clickies abound (there's even one in the Hero's Journey) which is good enough to start, and if you play or are grouped with a bard it's a moot point. Personally, I have no need for raid gear (outside of the hair-splitting 2.0 and pure PS) to do what I want to do in any group content.

It's getting new raiders at all that seems to be the sticking point. There seems to be a consensus among raid guilds that everyone who wants to raid, is raiding, and that the only people joining raiding guilds are those that leave old ones. I generally don't see much effort to encourage group-centric players to give raiding a try. I'm not sure that the old mantra of "most EQ players don't raid" is as true as it used to be, but there are certainly a sizable number of non-raiders still out there that might be interested in raiding that guilds could find if they did more than slap a message on the LFGuild board. But it still comes down to gear not being such a big a stumbling block that an option like the one suggested in this thread would be necessary to bridge the gap. Current group gear already bridges it.
  15. Abazzagorath Augur

Do the raids then. And your example is awful. You can do all 3 missions in less than an hour with 2 characters and get 6 currency for the one character by selling the chest drops, with a 6 hour lockout you could easily do 2 a day and get 12, and the highest cost item is a single aug that is not even 1/2 the "240+" you claimed. All the raid gear is 46 or like 63for the second tier.

You just want stuff handed to you. Do the events if you want the reward.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

All thats going to do if they do Provide Raid gear for Group players is make them Amp up Raid gear and amp up the mobs. Mercs will then have to be amped. < and if they tune around your tank having a full suit of this gear and it takes MONTHS to get it will affect group geared tanks alot. If on the other hand they don't tune based off the fact you will have the gear, then it makes it ROFLstomp. How would that be any fun?

If they made group content that warranted a big increase in gear (Underfoot comes to mind) it wouldn't be a big deal, but if its just to further trivialize content You can already trivialize why?

Also at the point WTF is the point of raiders raiding? Sure experience the content, but few players would want to raid if there was no carrot on the end of the stick. Some still would, just for the Sh**s and Giggles, but the majority would not.
  17. Tharrg Augur

You can adjust the gear so that raid gear has augment slots and effects.. but create gear that is equivalent that non raiders can get that does not have the augment slots and effects. This gears stat wise would be equivalent to raid gear but makes them still not as good as the gear on those who are trully raiding. It also allows them to join in on Raids and not feel undergeared and worthless.. and in the mean time be able to actually contribute. SWTOR did this... you have raid gear for what they call Nightmare modes and you have gear you can purchase with commendations (about 1 piece of gear a week) that is just as strong stat wise but missing effects. Raid gear is by far better because of the bonuses from effect.. but it allows people who can not raid to be almost as strong.. which can help when trying to form pick up groups and raids... Everquest would benefit from that.. I feel as it would allow some players to get gear almost as good but keep Raid Gear still Raid Gear and prestige for it....
  18. Ravengloome Augur

Seriously WHY? We already have gear that isnt as good as raid gear, its called Group Gear. If you cannot perform your primary function in the best group gear available on a raid, you don't belong on that raid.

Sure are there faults with the current scheme on group gear (AC for tanks is mehish and only good when you have absolutely every possible slot3, aug, and visible. Ratios for melee could be better), Even with that someone with some modicum of skill will be able to perform their job on a raid. All the raid gear does is give more margin for error.

So really explain why we need to reinvent the wheel, when we already have a system in place thats exactly like what you were saying we should have?
  19. Tharrg Augur

its not a reinvent. Its taking a wheel and making it out of rubber to be better than the wood/rock we have now. Like you said.. it really takes group gear with full slots of augs to really raid well.... and even then... whats the chance that those group geared players will get raid gear? If they can only join in raids here and there.. they will always be behind.. and always dragging down the raid.. who has to support them... Wouldnt it be better if they could work hard for gear that is equivalent in strength and stats.. but still not as great.... then you can really see if they have the skills without pulling them along. Right now... you may think those group geared players know what they are doing.. but in a good raid.. they may not have any clue what they are doing and are just being drug along.... Having them as geared.. would help see who knows what they are doing. It may also increase the numbers of good players who know their characters well but are currently way undergeared... but because of the amount of time they get to play.. do not get to gear up like the rest of you all. Not everyone can play 2+hours a day.. and those players may be some of the best players out there but you will never know it because they dont raid because they are undergeared and cant catch up. In order to get loot on alot of raids.. you have to "buy" the rights to loot items... and you only get the chance to buy the loot if you have raided regularry.. especially in guilds.... pick up groups.. may have different standards.. but still.. the chance to get the items to upgrade is so far down that most casual players who would like to raid would have to spend year or more to get the gear they need... by then expansions have dropped and they are still behind.... Allowing players to get raid loot that is comparable but not 100%.. more like 90% of what raiders have.. will make causal players and group players more likely to want to raid.. and you may find better raids... because of it..
  20. Khat_Nip Meow

Companies should pay their employees the same rate regardless of what position they hold too!

Giving people raid-level gear for not doing raids is ridiculous and the devs know it.
    Raid if you want the gear. Everybody in the game isn't supposed to be able to get everything.
    When I wasn't a raider and was just putting around on my own for years I coveted raid gear but appreciated that there was only one way I was going to get it and I was perfectly fine with that.