Dear SoE please do something.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goth Augur

Well i know this has been brought up a hundred times or more. But until you get bit by it it does not really bother you.

About a week ago my group was killing and noticed a noticeable amount of lag and an absence of mobs. Almost all the mobs were gone and at times they would all come back and inevitably train our group.

Well come to find out it was some dang mage beam kiting. The guy was very rude and almost acted entitled to pulling everything and causing zone lag. We could not really do anything about it and i know CS isn't going to show up and put a stop to this.

The dude would not stop and said something like ill be doing this until i'm done. So we had to deal with it or leave. Well most of the group took off and we tried to take matters into our own hands. He wasn't going to let us play in the zone so why should we let him?

Well it got all ugly and stuff. he wasn't going to be beaming for a while and nor was he going to be PLing the 2-3 toons he had sitting around.

At any rate. Sony you have to do something about mass killing in all its forms. Its causing way to many problems and it creates people like this guy in which he felt it was his zone and his mobs and screw everyone else. There is no reason to allow people to pull large chunks of mobs and kill them. There are so many reasons this should not be allowed and im quite shocked that it is still around in the game.

Thanks,
    Goth
  2. Edrick Augur

Anything that causes zone disruption needs to be fixed and there is no arguing against that.
  3. Pirlo Augur

SOE did do something.
    They made mobs summon.

But then the EQ "community" complained and complained so SOE reversed it

Beam kiting (and zone disruption) is here to stay.
    Grats mages and SKs who are making real life money power leveling .
    Oops , I'm breaking the 4th wall.

Signed,
    Someone who was also bit by someone who beamed a zone ruining my playtime
    Rolaque likes this.
  4. Ezlano Journeyman

There is nothing wrong with beaming, head shot, decap, swarming, or whatever comes down the road. It in the capacity that some players utilize those abilities. None of the aforementioned abilities need to be changed. The argument that Class X cannot do something Class H can only serves to make EQ more cookie-cutter than it has already become.

Instead of taking up valuable developer time, each offender should be dealt with by customer service. It is the fault of customer service that players have become embolden to continue with disruptions across multiple zones. Since it is obvious that customer service is not willing, they are more than capable, to deal with these disruptive players, then maybe SOE should look more closely at that department to ensure policies are being followed.
    Perplexed likes this.
  5. postid Journeyman

I believe they will do something - they finally understand and see the problems with some individuals abusing exploits ... Give them another update - they were going to do something that was less than ideal and after community feedback are working (big leap of faith) on something better.
  6. Tarrin Augur

Making everything summon was a horrible fix that hurt many classes that were not disrupting the zones.
    Ardin, silku, Siwin Nonesuch and 3 others like this.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

The amount of time it would take for a developer to implement a real fix vs the amount of time it would take to handle each individual abuse of an ability from now until the end of time it a laughable comparison. If we're confused why, it's obviously going to be infinitely more time, effort, and player headache to make it an individual correction process.

If you have any real sense, there's no argument to why ANY class should be able to kill a current content zone. Not a mob or two.... the zone. As content scales and relevance and difficulty diminish, sure. Why shouldn't you be able to round up and kill Crushbone through DSH or whatever.

There's no class envy, there's an extreme balance issue to the game as a whole. I don't know what "cookies" are being cut, but some of the wrong ingredients are definitely in them.
  8. Tharzak Elder

Agree with OP. Please do something about the disruptions caused in many zones by those using various means of mass killing.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

except it wasnt everything, there was still plenty of things that werent being changed to summon, yet everyone ignored that part in thier frenzy
  10. Tarrin Augur

Just like the whole druid kiting style was being ignored, I know. It must just come with the territory of the class.

Having summoned mobs ( specifically animals, which traditionally don't summon ) mingled in the same area as non summoned mobs pretty much means I can't ever kite there anywhere close to as effectively as I could before. If I have to pick and choose what mobs in a small dense area I am kiting, then spend twice as long trying to path the mobs around and away from the summoners before I even start damaging them...all the while doing this while I already have 4-5 mobs after me already...that zone is pretty much usless to me.

Heaven forbid I get a summon mob that aggro's on my quad group. I might as well evac/fade at that point and have to start over. Throw in this possibility on top of the annoyance of having to gather 5-10 mobs that are mingled with the summoning...and yes. It destroyed kiting in those zones for me.
  11. Explicit Augur

Beam (TM) PLing services would've just moved to another zone anyway if those changes went live, there's plenty of options not included in that test patch - probably too many.

Inb4 tank swarming gets nerfed x months from now.
  12. Lenowill Augur

I still like the idea of making the beam emanate from the mage's fire pet (instead of from the mage) and rooting the pet after use.

That way it could be a powerful AoE clear tool in parties or gray-farming situations, without being abusable to lag out current-content zones for hours on end. (Can't very well do that if the pet just stands there and dies after firing the first beam.)

That would also seem to fit much better with the overall theme of the class, which is a tanky-DPS pet bruiser + split-tanking AoE caster and DS impaler, but not a kiter.
  13. porky Augur

This came up for me yesterday. My group were intent on working Tear experience in SL. The good arena camp was taken, so we decided to go try the Evantil Alarans instead. There was only one group in the zone but the lag they caused made it completely unplayable. It didn't take us long to decide to move on. And it was a minor inconvenience and waste of our time. But what happens to the people who were headed there to work on progression?
  14. Mithrandyr Augur

Why mention SKs? They aren't at the top of the PL food chain. They don't really have anything to do with beam kiting. They definitely don't have anything to do with current content zone disruption.
  15. Vlerg Augur

summoning mob didn't go live not only because the wizard-druid-chanter-bard-necro community was against it , but also because it didn't fix the problem at all ; mages would just switch to beast domain- east waste-neriak instead of PoS and evantil and city of bronze.

I'd also like to point out there's a City of bronze instance and an evantil instance where mages can beam peacefully, not have to worry about names, don't have to wait on respawn, and don't disturb the zone for everyonelse.

I'm still waiting for an actual logical answer as to why mage beam don't get the same simple fix as wizard beam ; cap it at 8 target ( or 20, if your grey-con farming ability would be THAT hurt)
  16. Cicelee Augur

I was told people were selling beam kites for real life dollars? Man I could have paid for Christmas gifts if I would have known that!

In all seriousness, I still do not understand why the developers just don't allow the beam spell to be casted in the zones most commonly used for beaming. You can prevent Call of Hero from being used in some zones, so I know it can be done.

I have given up arguing with the masses. I am tired, beaten, and feel defeated on this topic. Reduce the range of beam spells, limit it to 30 targets, call it a day.
    Ardin and moogs like this.
  17. moogs Augur

Reducing the range to near PBAE range would solve the problem. If you want to use it to farm grey cons, what are you afraid of, silkies?
  18. drkoli Augur

People beaming in open zones just means they are to lazy to do the progression to be able to do it in the instance.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed.
    On CT a lot of Mages were (properly) using the instance for their power-level fun and profit.
    And kudos to them!! Good job!
    But the issue remains that there is only one class in the game that can do unlimited beam killing.
    (and as a result, can farm millions in PP for PL services)
    What SOE is not seeing, is that (some) people turning the millions of Plat earned via this (unique) method in to real cash, only hurts SOE Krono sales.
    This issue was "handled" by SOE for Wizzies and Rangers swiftly and effectively.
    -Rat
  20. Dandin Augur

I just wanted to take the time to say that over double XP weekend. I got my mage from 95, all the way to 100. Without the use of this "beam kiting tactic"

Stick to instances. Your ruining other peoples limited game time
    Arylle, Leerah and drkoli like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.