December Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Phathom, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Phathom Champion

Hello my favorite Norrathians!

I wish all of you a most memorable and safe holiday this year. Many of us are getting ready to take a small break between Christmas and New Year’s Day, but before we do, I wanted to drop you a note on some of the great things we have in store for EverQuest leading into 2014!

Currently we have a great promotion going on to determine the next Race/Class Combination to be created in EverQuest for the 15th Anniversary in March. In August, at SOE Live in Las Vegas, we announced that we would invite our community to help determine the winner. That’s what we’ve done, and the voting so far has been intense. The Semi-Final Round just started today with two Dark Elves squaring off in one bracket, and in the other we have a Wood Elf Beastlord being sized up against and Iksar Beserker. If you would like to be part of history and help determine the next Race/Class combination, GO VOTE NOW!

Just around the corner in January, we will be launching Call of the Forsaken: Hate Rising. In Hate Rising, you will be able to continue your adventure with all new Heroic Adventures, new raids and missions; new equippable gear across group and raid content, and a nice set of rare items you’ll hardly believe.

Also, a big change will be coming to our Heroic Adventures. We have scaled our existing Heroic Adventures by level, so you can play this exciting content earlier. So that means if you are level 85 and you haven’t played Call of the Forsaken yet, you will now be able to receive the tasks and quests from the quest givers. A little side note on level spread for missions: stay tuned for some more information from Prathun in the very near future on what we’re hoping to accomplish!

Call of the Forsaken: Hate Rising will go into an Open Beta early January. If you participated in Beta for the expansion, you will be able to enter as soon as we launch. If you did not participate beforehand, don’t fret. We’ll have a timeframe in January that you’ll be able to apply and get in very quickly, and soon discover how an iconic EverQuest character will play a large role in Norrath over the next year.

That’s next year, but before this year ends, we have some exciting Quests and Missions as part of our New Years events that kickoff on December 26th and last through the middle of January. You can speak to several friends in the Plane of Knowledge to get started on the 26th!

Finally,,I want to thank you all for playing EverQuest and being part of our gaming family (and some of you even closer than that)! A reminder that our 15th Anniversary is just around the corner in March and we have planned a lot of GREAT STUFF for you and for the Year of EverQuest! Read more on my November Producer’s Letter if you haven’t had a chance yet.

Be safe, have fun, and I hope you have extra time to game this time of the year!

See you in game!

Thom Terrazas
    AKA Phathom
    Tarvas, beryon, Tarrin and 1 other person like this.
  2. Zantor Augur

That all sounds nice, be cool if it was Fippy Darkpaw getting his revenge o_O
    Just PLEASE have more content then the original release, even casual gamers ran out of stuff to do quickly.
  3. Caudyr Augur

We already had that! :p

Be interesting if the neriak section of the expansion culminated with us having to face lanys and/or innoruuk...but...I just hope this doesn't make Innoruuk the last boss of the expansion...and given the way he worded it, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Tobynn Augur

omg we can already kill Innoruuk in like seven different zones. Please, no.
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Caudyr Augur

...I hope this is a typo and Hate Rising isn't gonna come until February...because a one or two week beta just won't get enough tested, otherwise. :(
    I wanna hear more about this now rather than later omgz! :p
    This is probably what interests me the most. I'm actually interested to see what we're gonna do for the new year...I just hope it isn't a let down like the lack of new Frostfell quests was. ^^
  6. Caudyr Augur

But this time it might be without that...stuff...going down his legs! :p
  7. Zantor Augur

And a question about the beta then, I signed up and was in beta for CoTF, so does that mean I have to do /movechar cmd again?
  8. Uxtalzon Augur

Lol'd hard, because I was just wondering if this expansion will include Mistmoore or some other Tier'Dal we've beaten so many times. Stupid sexy dark elves. Let's see some Half Elven leaders, or some crazy Unkempt Halflings! Bwahahaha!
  9. Caudyr Augur

IIRC doesn't the lore on mistmoore indicate that he was around long before the elves (dark elves, at least) came to be? Pretty sure there were indications that he may have been around during the Age of Scale or whatever it's called...

May have to look that up.

That being said...it wouldn't surprise me to see him show up again, heh...it's Mayong after all. -_-
  10. fransisco Augur

I know Mayong is old, but he has also lied about his own history
  11. Zantor Augur

QUARM!!!
  12. Caudyr Augur

He has, but I believe this is what history itself records...not him. Of course, it's possible he could have manipulated that somehow...but I also somehow doubt the dragons would've allowed for that...especially with his long lasting feud with them.
  13. Caudyr Augur

Eh, I'd rather fight the PoWater gods in their true forms...and Povar.....and Quellious.....and Druzzil....................and Drinal................................and the others I can't think of atm that we haven't seen yet! :p
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Just for my wiki and my OCD, is this is a new Event "New Year's" (yes, I looked up the grammar and it should have the apostrophe) and not related to Frostfell?

And will it be an Annual event?

Thank you.
    Leerah and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I knew Mayong would be back sooner or later! that guy will just never die!
  16. Dandin Augur

Any status on Heroic Charcters?
  17. An old ELF! Lorekeeper

And what was the reward for us doing the last BETA of CoTF?
  18. Tuleras New Member

If I'm not mistaken, it was Contract of the Teir'dal Royal Guard in your /claim window.
  19. Malacath Journeyman

thats what i was told but for some reason atleast a dozen people me included havent gotten it due to whatever they were using to track when stones of beta reward being clicked was not working during part of the beta apparently since after a week of petitioning it they said we have no record of you clicking any beta tokens when my chatlogs show me clicking them and a friend of mine had screenshots of the tokens and they did nothing
  20. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

No more Innoruuk, No more Innoruuk. /crosses fingers
    I'd like to See Karana, something is messing with his part of Norrath after all. But I don't think he is "Iconic " enough! heh!
    "Rare Items you'll Hardly beleave" you say eh?!?!
    Well I can beleave a lot.
    If its new class Epics 3.0 That would be something I could hardly beleave. LOL! :D