Well I suppose so...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warzon, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Warzon Elder

Part 3:

Also, as to the swarm pulling, I think alot of people mistake training around for swarming. On my warrior I "swarm" all the time, but I've never killed anyone else doing it. This particular dude was an SK, I don't know how an SK accidentally loses his mobs by feigning death, but whatever, maybe you're right, and as a low level I'm not a real person and not worthy of consideration. If you did accidentally train someone, even if they got upset about it, you did train them. There's some responsibility to be taken. Back in the day when it mattered more you'd offer to buy them a rez or offer what meager recovery assistance you could. There's no doubt it's a difficult game and getting places sometimes causes you to inconvenience others, but you own that. You don't go training them for the next few hours, I don't, you don't, most of us don't.
  2. Warzon Elder

Part 4:

There's no doubt about him training though really. He /shouted I'm going to train you. He said in /say I'm going to train you. He sent us tells "I'm going to train you." And then he trained us. And then he sent us more tells, and then he did it some more. For. Two. Hours. There's not many see invis mobs, so it isn't like he needed to train to get where we were. And even if he had, running to us and FD, there'd be a few mobs. He ran up to us. Waited until all the mobs had caught up to him, and then FD. I don't know what a train is if it isn't that. Oh! and he woke up our mezzed mobs as fast as he could. Someone better at their toon would've been better at training us, that's certainly a fact, but he did his ubernoob best, got to give him credit for that.

We honestly believed after each time, OK, surely, after this, he'll be bored, and move on. That's what always happened every other time this has happened to me. But nope, training us is great fun apparently.

It isn't his doing it that made me leave though. That's why I haven't posted his name or attacked him or his class or guild or anything. All of that is a distractor from the enabling, overall, cause. It's SOE knowing he did it and not caring. There is no doubt on this point, they know it, they believe, they are just making a choice to do nothing about it.
  3. Warzon Elder

Part 5:

I'm feeling naive for believing all this time that had I done everything like I was supposed to in the past it would have made a difference. Not only did they not have my back on all the other times this has happened over the past 10+ years, they lied to me about it every time. They made it MY fault, not theirs, that they could do nothing to help me.

That was disingenuous. It was false. If these are the rules of the game then can we not be out with them, as the rules? I relentlessly attack other players all the time...in games like Assassin's Creed where that's sort of the whole point. I haven't been playing EQ as that game, and neither has most of the community. I think we can mostly agree we don't want to play that game in the EQ world. Why can't customer support back us up on that?

I've self-edited the last bit, which was a bit flippant, although I believe it to be much more accurate of how things work than what SOE advertises. My goal is not antagonism, my goal is for them to realize how inadequate the current procedures are.
  4. Spinner New Member

Rofl. I made a big post regarding this, but they removed it (-_- That is my surprised face) The fact that they're removing posts, means that they are reading-seeing what you have to say, but choosing not to respond, and silence anyone else that responds.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. Warzon Elder

Yes, they are removing and editing my posts as well. I don't see what rules I am violating.
  6. Spinner New Member

You aren't violating any. They just don't like having their shortcomings pointed out, which is painfully obvious at this point. Having all of the posts regarding this topic removed or edited, is just making that more and more apparent. I'll be checking this thread again later, and if this post is gone, it will just prove my point.
  7. Daegun Augur

I'll be honest, I don't think you're telling the whole story.

I can understand one bad run in with one random guy, but stalking you for weeks training you? For no reason? Sorry, it doesn't add up. If this IS legitimately happening, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you DO know this person. Name change?

Who's Cheerios have you teetee'd in in the past, either on test or your old server.

My guess is its probably that person.
  8. Warzon Elder

Well I have no way of knowing. So far as I know the only thing I ever did to the guy was report him for training us. I've never intentionally trained anyone, the handful of accidental zoneline to zoneline traveling kills I caused I helped them recover or disappeared when asked. And there were less than 5 of those total from the past 10 years, zero in the last 5 years as I got better at the game/mobs got good enough to kill me faster.

I don't know any guildmates with a beef against me, and to the extent I interact with strangers it is usually to offer them free stuff.

Like you, I didn't think this type of thing still happened in game. I thought the GM's responded appropriately to such activity, but they took no action. Right now, they are not enforcing anti-harassment rules.
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

damn...........
  10. Fluid Augur

There's odd people out there, everywhere.

Been trained myself recently. Went something like this: I went to an area as part of the Teek daily quests hot zone. I found a quiet place that no one was using to set up camp and started pulling. Within seconds and high level Bard started pulling herds of monsters on top of my character. I managed to kill a wave or two and then I figured it out. There was a central pool of monsters and this, well I can't say my opinion as it wouldn't fit a family forum, 'Bard' was apparently helping power level a bunch of characters. The spawn was bigger and faster then they could use so I wasn't hurting anything. *IF* I do show up at a spawn that running low because the people already there can handle it, I usually leave or just log out.

So in his mind it was their spawn, their area. I think I can use the word disgust? Anyway, there is a reason why people in the forum generally treat people that are power leveling or being power leveled with suspicion. Some of the most antisocial behavior and out right TOS violations are done by elements in this group of players.

Had they simply sent me a tell saying it was their spawn, I would have left. As it was, nice pulls and some experience for my character, wasted time and effort by them. Completely dysfunctional in that they could have accomplished the same results with a /tell. There are odd people everywhere.

I recently saw a show on PBS where the commentator was saying about how online games produced a desirable result in that they give people more satisfaction and validation then a passive activity like watching television or reading a book. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of pitiful lives and weak personalities the people who resort to being jerks in online games must have [selfish, self righteous, hording, combative, annoying, ...] There's odd people out there, everywhere.

Two of my acquaintances were part of 'griefer' guilds. They said they showed up for face to face beer and pizza meeting with the other guys in their guild, once. After meeting them in RL, they resigned from the guilds and had nothing more to do with them. Both said something about them being just as disturbing in RL as the game, wouldn't elaborate.
  11. Yesway Augur

I ran into someone doing this in PoFire, some people think they own an entire zone because they are pl'ing others. After a few failed attempts they gave up though.