Twelve Days of Holiday Cheer

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

By: Ry “Roshen” Schueller

It’s that time of year again in Norrath! Frostfell is in full swing! Santa Glug is marking down on his list who has been a good adventurer this year (and he’s checking it twice). Until December 25, 2013, check the Marketplace for huge discounts on all housing items, all ornaments and all weapon visuals.

You’ll also find additional special treats each day for players, such as double experience over the weekend of Friday, December 20, 2013 through Sunday, December 22, 2013. Check out the list below to get more information on what’s being offered on these first festive days.

[IMG]

Day 1: Friday, December 13, 2013

An additional sale with up to 50% off the following items:

• Character Slots
    • Shared Bottle of Adventure III
    • Legends of Norrath: Dragonbrood – The Anarchs
    [IMG]

Day 2: Saturday, December 14, 2013

• Dragonscale Skystrider Mount
    • Bayle Mark (230 QTY)
    • Bottle of Adventure III
    [IMG]

Day 3: Sunday, December 15, 2013

• Expedient Delivery Voucher (100 QTY)
    • Draught of the Craftsman
    • Polymorph Wand: Regal Vampire (Male and Female)
    [IMG]
    While we want to keep most of these upcoming days a surprise for our players, we thought you might appreciate advance notice on the following special events:

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - Double rare spawns

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - Double all faction gains

Friday, December 20, 2013 through Sunday, December 22, 2013 - players will earn double experience.

We’ll also have additional sales in the Marketplace for players to take advantage of on these days, so stay tuned for more information.
    Check back Monday for Day 4’s special offerings. Happy holidays to all of our players!
  2. Canik Augur

....woot
  3. Feradach Augur

Nice! No Twelve Days of Frostfell items in the Marketplace though?
  4. Angahran Augur

Where's the Nimbus of Frost ? Wasn't that a frostfell item ?
  5. Concerned Druid New Member

6. Saave Augur

Nice! Thanks. :)
  7. Caudyr Augur

While I like the ideas all around...can't we have double named/faction start on their days and go through the same time frame as the double exp? One day of double named/faction just seems...like a really low amount of time for them, is all. ^^

Thanks for doing them nonetheless, though!
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Duskincense Journeyman

Would these above apply to TLP servers also ?
  9. Montra38 New Member

Any chance you will ever get more than 14 charcs? I would love to make the ones I dont have atm so I could buy another doll or something
    beryon likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

would have been nice to have them on a weekend.
  11. Caudyr Augur

Yeah, if they go from the day they start through the double exp weekend...then it's a moot point. I really hope they see these posts and do that, though. :D
  12. Metrav Journeyman

I understand the "12 days" of Christmas aspect, I really do. It's great when your trying to market something. But double xp isn't something that needs to be marketed, It's something that should be shared and enjoyed by all of the players of EQ. Not just those that happen to not work during this very very busy time of the year.

Since Christmas falls on a Wednesday this year - the weekend before Christmas is going to be one of the busiest and (for those of us in Retail) most impossible time for us to play EQ.

I believe the weekend between 2 major holidays - Christmas and New Year - would have been a much wiser choice. Most - if not all - will have a 5 day weekend due to (at the very least) Christmas.

And on a side note: most retail employers black out requesting time off during this period - so any "Forewarning" is just obnoxious during the holiday season, and makes it to where people just don't want to log in for the few hours they do have, because it just won't seem fair enough. It breeds depression and it's just not healthy.

For myself and for my friends, whom I wish a very Happy Holiday Season - I think Sony should seriously reconsider the double xp weekend on the weekend before Christmas - or instead extend it from the 19th through the 1st. So that people can still afford to be with their families, and get their fair share of double xp - whenever they may happen to have a day off.

For those of you - thinking that people shouldn't be playing EQ during the holidays and that having a double xp weekend during this time takes people away from their families - I will say this: some people consider the people they play with as very dear friends and some treat them just like family. Some people only have their EQ families. Some have circumstances you couldn't even begin to imagine that keep them from enjoying the holidays away from EQ. This game is both an outlet and a crutch for a lot of people (no offense intended).

Looking down on anyone because your views are drastically different is not a solution to a problem. People may think of EQ as just a game, but for many it is the culmination of almost 14 years of their lives. I know people with accounts older than their children. Or people who met and married their best friend from Everquest. It's more than a game. The holidays mean just as much to EQ'ers as they do to people that celebrate it in a more "traditional" way.

Sincerely Yours, And Happy Holidays,

Metrav Reverse.
    Retired Ranger of Povar
  13. Tielovou New Member

While the deals on the marketplace are great, there are those of us that can't spend anything for Station Cash to spend, on top of everything else for the holidays of real life. I thought it was about giving, not giving 50% off? While the deals are nice, and we thank you. But after playing for 10+ years as I have, I would hope we could get something... an illusion, or some sort of fun item for free, for the frostfell events...
    ---sort of how the halloween events bring illusions, stat food/drinks and even that scarecrow merc for Grave Digger, What about something similar?? like a Santugg or Elf merc for completing some quest line or another, or even a limited use mount, or an illusion FOR your mount, Hero's forge armor of tangled lights? Just something to make it worth the time to check it out.

There are no new quests for older players to do, none of the holiday mounts can be quested.. How about some more options for all the players who stuck it out this long, and the new ones that actually gave it a shot to begin with?

I look forward to the events every year, but it's pretty boring when you can't repeat most of the quests, the prizes haven't been updated & the most exciting thing about it is Double Exp on a day I probably won't get a chance to play, and a sale on market items i can't buy.

Events need a revamp! :)

Happy Holidays, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Solstice etc.

-Tie
    Naeeleu likes this.
  14. Caudyr Augur

You mean, like...say...let people quest for the holiday marketplace items, if they so choose (especially the older ones)? :D

I do agree in a way, I'd definitely haul around a santugg tank merc to let him beat all the naughty mobs nice. ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Naeeleu Elder

Elf hero forge armor, to go with the elf hats :)
  16. beryon Augur

I really wish you'd give more advance warning on these things instead of waiting 'til they're already in progress. I missed the first 2 days. o_O
  17. forever_quester New Member

Gripe: Each day's sales are described as "Additional" sales, which I take to mean added on to the existing sales. Yet the Dragonscale mount is already off-sale? I bought SC for this purchase only to find it back at full price. :(
  18. Booger Elder

put all the exp bottles on sale please :)
  19. Zantor Augur

What I think would be a good one also, besides Double Rare spawn rate is double rare loot spawn rate on them.
  20. forever_quester New Member

On the twelfth day of christmas, had her true love taken away the first eleven gifts? Of course not, each day she enjoyed the prior days' gifts, as well as a new one.