Questioning dps output

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Faidaen, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Dandin,

That's great for passive buffs. I completely forgot about twincast aura! I always thought that chanters used their dots for additional dps while their DD's were down. The charm would be nice for an additional pet for sure. I am just wondering with having the chanter being silver with a max of 1k aa's will have the same massive benefits a bard offers with limited aa.
  2. sojuu Augur

personally I would replace the shaman with an enchanter and leave the necro, mage, bard
  3. Faidaen Lorekeeper

The shaman is an amazing addition to my group, his dots are great dmg, backup healing from the lack of efforts of a cleric merc from time-to-time. Plus the buffs the shaman gives are amazing. While I know the bard can slow, but remember the bard is just casting benefits no other mezzes/charms ect.
  4. Dandin Augur

Bad chanters use dots on cooldown. Good Enchanters use a 3 nuke rotation. I'd elaborate more but my lunch break is over!
    Faidaen likes this.
  5. Ammeren Augur

I'd love to see you out DPS me.
  6. sojuu Augur

I just suggest replacing the shaman with an enchanter because of the benefits you receive in group from the chanter. And you can always get shaman buffs before you run out. And the chanter haste is better than shaman haste. There are definatly some give and take on the benefits. But that is just my opinion seeing how u seem set on having casting dps classes. And I personally feel you would lose more by replacing the bard with a chanter, but in replacing the shaman with an enchanter your dps would go up. But hey who knows it may be better to have the shaman instead of the chanter in the group with your play style. It really comes down to what do YOU have the most fun boxing and playing. Good luck in experimenting with classes to find what ya like best.
  7. mage101 Elder

sony y u no boost mage dps, CC class is beating us!
  8. Ammeren Augur

Don't go all class envy on chanters, Mages out DPS them easy enough.
  9. mage101 Elder

just playing along. mages are in a good place right now.
  10. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Well thanks everyone for the replies on the thread. I am going to try and tweak the bard a little bit with songs and buffs, but I may make an enchanter just to have buffs. I honestly cannot get rid of the shaman, most people think shaman's suck, but I find mine very useful. His DPS may not be the most powerful, but his dots do hit for a decent amount. The slows/heal combo is amazing, and lethargy is a great tool for the pets. I am pretty set in my ways for the shaman, which I know he's bringing down the dps, but having that extra healer is value within itself.

The other group setup I have involves either a Ranger or SK in place of the Necro, but the SK seems to go down within a few hits. I have camped a bunch of 37+ AC augs, which makes me think I should make a warrior instead? The ranger is nice! But, I am not sure.

I am considering combos like ranger/shm/mage/bard for a second group. Or Ranger/mage/mage/bard. Or Sk/shm/mage/bard. Or I can add another mage for a five box that I have been working on. I am open to suggestions. I really like having the necro because of his abilities!

Thanks
  11. Naugrin Augur

Sk is probably the best choice for a group geared tank. That being said, the life of a tank with no raid gear is rough. Try to get him some raid gear whenever able.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

If your Sk dies within a few hits its probably operator error. Even group geared (But properly augged/geared for content) any one of the three tanks can hold their own or better. Id say with No Time to Bleed being up 24/7 warrior might be the better box (its also easier to box). Although really if the tank isn't the main, thats a hardsell for a boxer the sheer amount of effort required to play a tank effectively when its not your main passion is more then most want to get involved in.
  13. Helrazor Augur

My SK can take a pounding AA's and gear are make it or break it.
  14. Dandin Augur

Sure =D Lets play =D

I would reccomend Putting the ENC on your bards account, As Bards don't benefit from Mana regen, at all. And Haste? Well they have thier own

I do warn you though. Enchanters are incredibly addicting. Hell. I was a mage at one point.

Your Shaman is incredibly powerful and anyone who suggested replacing him.. should probably group with a shaman. They are amazing. and I found myself Rolling one out of morbid curiosity, He's 92 now. and He is fun as HELL

I am most likely going to account transfer him soon, to go opposite of my Mage at some point.

I will say this though, Shamans are tough to box and maintain full usage. Unless you hotkey them VERY well. Although the same could be same for Enchanters.

When it comes to boxing. This is how i do it.

I pick one FOCUS Class. A class that needs to be played pretty constantly to be used well.
    then i pick 2 Slave classes. A class that doesnt require supreme focus to do things with. (In regular instances)

So for my MAIN box group. I chose.

Enchanter (Focus)
    Mage (Slave)
    Druid (slave)

Now i understand i could probably net a better return if i had focused more on these "slave toons" However. When you box, its generally accepted that you wont play that toon as well as a player focusing 100% on it. And anyone who tells you otherwise is lying

But i found with these classes with the proper hotkeys I could net a decent return out of it. that wasn't Poor

I tried ENC SHM SK.

too many buttons.