Whats the trick to the Warrior?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by GuardDorko, Dec 7, 2013.

1. GuardDorko New Member

Im level 27 using a rusty bastard sword and a fine steel dagger but my dps is real low. How do i fix this? I find that the Paladin and the ShadowKnight have more spells to use than me. Can somebody higher up confirm this?
  2. Explicit Augur

At that level there isn't much you can do to up your DPS without obtaining better weapons and some form of haste.
  3. GuardSoroko Journeyman

Lol, tryin to troll me are ya?
  4. dc88 Journeyman

A warrior's primary purpose is to hold agro and take damage, not do massive amounts of DPS. At higher levels (75+) you will be able to do much more damage by getting the weapon specialization and flurry AA's. If you have never checked out thesteelwarrior.org, you need to. This is from their AA guide, but of course, you should be getting your defensive AA's first since your primary purpose is to stay alive and take damage so the DPS classes can take down the mob.
    AA Name | Cost | AA Window Tab
    ----------------------------------------|-----------------------|---------------
    Combat Fury (3 ranks) | 12 pts. (2/4/6) | Archtype tab
    Fury of the Ages (3 ranks) | 9 pts. (3/3/3) | PoP Class tab
    Ferocity (3 ranks) | 9 pts. (3/3/3) | PoP Class tab
    Relentless Assault (3 ranks) | 21 pts. (7/7/7) | Depths tab
    Flurry (3 ranks) | 18 pts. (3/6/9) | Class tab
    Raging Flurry (3 ranks) | 12 pts. (2/4/6) | PoP Class tab
    Crazed Onslaught (3 ranks) | 15 pts. (5/5/5) | Omens tab
    Savage Assault (3 ranks) | 15 pts. (5/5/5) | Serpents tab
    Veteran's Wrath (3 ranks) | 18 pts. (3/6/9) | Omens tab
    Veteran's Fury (3 ranks) | 18 pts. (6/6/6) | Serpents tab
    Sinister Strikes (1 ranks) | 12 pts. (12) | Gates tab
    | 159 pts. |
    Arylle likes this.
  5. Daegun Augur

I see what you did there ...

The <troll> is strong with you.

This thread is pure win.
  6. Usullx Lorekeeper

That was the trick, you were tricked into creating a Warrior instead of one of the Knight classes.
  7. GuardSoroko Journeyman

Lol, this GuardDorko is not me lol. Funny attempt for someone to troll as me, but yeah. I didnt create a 2nd account just for the purpose of trolling myself. Sooo...yeah.
  8. Arylle Lorekeeper

If you are worried about your DPS, you have picked the wrong class. It will get better with AAs, but never to the point where you (or anyone else) would be even remotely impressed. Increasing survivability should outweigh this concern.