Druids and post death mana.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tarrin, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Tarrin Augur

There are other ways. At this point I would take a 20-30 min cool down, can only use if under 5% mana, won't take you more than 20% mana stipulation. Throwing mud against the wall, but you can see what I mean.

I don't want a free range harvest type ability, because I don't need it. I want something to get me back in the fight after a rez ( like every single other casting class ). A bonus would be getting back in the fight after a mana drain. I could accept it if it did not work for the bonus scenario.

Am I aiming too low? Possibly, who knows. At this point I will take what I can get.

1 class should not be handicapped this badly in this regard.
  2. Reprisal Augur

Good luck, don't play/have a druid but this seems long overdue.

Perhaps with X-mas on the way, the hearts of the devs will grow a couple sizes. Quick, all druids hold hands and start singing!
    Elenwyyi likes this.
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I would think that a mana version of the melee rest would work for both cases. We have to be out of combat, but it does not require us to be in resting state. Fresh after rez, or after a fade/escape works fine. We have a cap (29ish percent) and a duration. This would get druids back into the fight after a rez, would cap how much they could get back, and would allow them to also use it after mana drains. It's worthless if you have > 29%, but can be a godsend when you get below that.
  4. hakmer Augur

If i were a druid, i would start pushing for an ability similar to the mages mana reserve. You can only use it under 20 percent. Also, shaman were given canni because of their insanely high spell costs. It was a way to make them viable in a group. It is not a fair comparison to use shaman for mana regain since that spell is a vital component of the class. without it they could not function properly on any level much less after a death.I do agree that druids need to have a way to be able to recover faster, and i hope you guys get a decent solution.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you have it backwards, shaman have high mana cost because of Canni abilities.
  6. Tarrin Augur

We aren't directly comparing only druids vs shaman in the active mana regen department.

We are comparing druids vs shaman, clerics, wizards, mages, enchanters, necromancers. ( every single other casting base class )
  7. Audigy Elder

Well I for one would love a fix invis solution. But they are just as strong against that issue too.

Now if they truly feel there's " too much mana " around then the other solution could be to remove the tools other classes have now. Would you want to be responsible for that move ?
  8. porky Augur

This has been suggested as well.
  9. Tarrin Augur

A lack of invis does not make you useless in a raid for a few minutes until you can beg another class to give you their invis.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

you really want to compare to a class that has had active mana regen since the start?
  11. Tarrin Augur

I am comparing druids vs everything. Not druids vs shaman.

Curious, what should the comparison be?
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

If when Respite/Rest was originally given, it was given to all melee except Warriors, I'm sure warriors would have complained. Justly so. It creates a huge imbalance if the other tanks, Paladin/SK, can jump back into a fight and be able to use a disc or two quickly after a death. Yet a warrior has to deal with the lack of endurance to disc after death for awhile making them pretty useless. Or more generally, outside of the tank archetype, they would have been the only melee who can not jump back in and regain endurance to fulfill their primary role in a raid.

I mean hell... SK, Paladin and Beastlord all have gotten mana regain abilities before Druids. Beastlords I definitely grasp, since they've had Spiritual buff line and Paragon forever... But the two knights getting mana return before Druids. Come on now.

Basically just Druids among the casters and Druid/ranger among the mana users lack a mana recovery ability. You'd think after 14 years of being one with nature we'd be able to recover some mana after takings part in the cycle of life.
  13. shiftie Augur

Both knights have had their hand in the mana cookie jar. From sk mana taps/bites to paladin thunder of karana etc. you were in full support of the mana capabilities being put into the game right up until Druids were left out don't throw the hybrids under the bus.

If Druids get a mana burst it will be on its own accord, or because everyone else has it, and not because someone else got it ahead of or before you.

At the end of the day not everyone that got burst mana regen got wolf form also, and that probably has a lot to do with this.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Druids too have had their hands in the mana jar as well. What with our mask/wolf form/tree form lines and skin buff lines.

Everyone else (of casters) does have it. That is the point.

I was merely making a point of the fact that classes who derive some of their power from spells/mana and some from melee/discs, IE hybrids, got mana return abilities before a class that is 100% reliant on mana. I'm not throwing anyone under the bus, I think you should have those abilities. But I'm saying we should have it by now seeing as basically every other class does and it is expected of people to be semi ready to do stuff after a death now a days. Druids are one of the last classes and the last caster class that is completely useless 1-2min after a Rez.

Wolf form is definitely a big reason I'm sure. It helps us preserve like nobody else. Which is why a limitless ability with a low reuse timer would be silly. All we want is a smallish mana return usable under 15-20% mana with a decent recast. Like Rest disc is for melee... But a longer reuse is what I was thinking. Alternatively I do think a foraged item so that it solves the issue for rangers too would be unique.

PS Thunder of Karana was such a useless spell.