Still no fix for Neriak 4th Gate faction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alkerion, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Prathun Developer

Understand the frustration, but please be civil. :)
    If you can post or PM me with the names of the NPCs you're having problems interacting with, I'll have someone look into it on Monday.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Alkerion Lorekeeper

As cliché as it might sound, he/she started it. Unless you think that the post I responded to was helpful in any way shape or form.

Arch Lich Eliza
    Dov C`Luzz
    Evrik Dmizza
    Guard V`Hul
    Keliv N`Ryt
    Mariela V`Lask

There were also problems with the speaking portions of the partisan tasks but since I already had the tasks with the help of guild mates we got those done.
  3. LoudGuitar Journeyman

Everyone should just change their race to Dark elf !
    PrathunSOE likes this.
  4. Cloudia Augur

If it is just a matter of beta neutral faction, isn't there a silly low lvl task in highpass to raise that? It may have been changed in all the years since but way way WAYYYY back there was a task or pair of tasks mostly for a chanter spell that you could repeat endlessly that raised beta neutral and harmed nothing else.
    I remember it vaguely only because I did it so often I was warmly to beta neutral when some of the druid ring vendors and such were on that faction.
    I thought the beta neutral faction was removed back before or during kunark due to people going kos killing quest NPCs and not having a lot of ways of repairing it. Something about being kos preventing people from completing several quests.
  5. Axxius Augur

Those include both King's and Queen's followers, and I doubt that they are on those factions anyway. Looks like you've ruined some sort of a global faction that these quest givers are really on. Just wait till Monday, not much else you can do until Prathun fixes it.
  6. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Heh, actually in this case I don't even think that would have helped. On the REALLY off chance that this was based on some old school Neriak faction I had bought the potion to reset the Indigo Brotherhood faction since I had royally trashed that fighting in and around crushbone back in the day and I also completed the red wine quest to go ally to Dark Bargainers, Inner Guard, and Outer Guard. Now they love me in old school Neriak other than the cleric guild faction.

Went back to Neriak 4th Gate after fixing those 4 factions and still apprehensive. Really thinking these guys might be on beta neutral as suggested and that faction was messed around with for the wizard epic 1.0 and reset to a low level at the end of the quest IIRC. I went ahead and just looked up the 1.0 again and the faction that was raised and reset there was called "Truespirit". Not sure if that equals beta neutral or not but the end of the 1.0 does reset it to some lower level.
  7. Iila Augur

It's definitely not Truespirit, since some classes start with that tanked so they can't do the Truespirit related epic quests. And anyone who's done an epic that ruins your faction at the end wouldn't be able to request those missions.

Check out my first post in the thread. If you can cast on any of the mob you're having faction issues with, go slaughter some councilors in thurgb. A velium amulet may give you enough of a faction bump to be able to request quests.
  8. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Ah ok then truespirit doesn't = beta neutral then. So definitely don't know which faction this is.

I did read that and I do appreciate the information but I really don't want to trash one faction to temporarily fix another. I'll just wait until Prathun comes back with some info for me.
  9. Prathun Developer

All of these NPCs are on "Neriak Fourth Gate Residents" faction. They should be indifferent if you're a dark elf, and scowling if you're any other player race. There are no other bonuses or penalties in the faction definition. In theory, it should not be possible to raise or lower this faction. Mind if I copy your character over to my account on Beta to look into this further? Just need char name and server.

Thanks!
    Fanra and Yinla like this.
  10. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Yeah this is exactly why I needed help. If I take off the illusion, whether it was the one I got from entering the zone or the enchanter one I was scowling, but with either illusion on apprehensive which wasn't good enough to get quests.

Absolutely. Character name is Alkerion and the server is Luclin.

The only thing I can think of which might be involved with this was WAY back around SoV expansion time where I went LD during a dragon raid and regardless of what I did I couldn't get back on. A GM had to log me in and move me around to fix it and I had noticed that factions were goofy after that point, but it had never stopped me from getting quests before now.

The only other thing with might have resulted in some kind of overflow was I had hunted a LOT in old castle mistmoore before they had a cap on the scars of veeshan faction and castle MM gave positive faction hits to that one.
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

It's possible the "Neriak 4th Gate Residents" faction was copied over from an older faction that the player may have negatively affected in the past. I mean heck, there's still factions that HaveNoSpaces and some never even heard of (There's a faction called Donovan). There used to be a skeleton in EK that was on Skeleton faction. Beta Neutral also comes to mind way long ago, which my original EQ character had damaged enough that now indifferent no-faction NPCs dislike him anyway.