Still no fix for Neriak 4th Gate faction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alkerion, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Posting yet again as I still cannot get ANY mercenary tasks in Neriak 4th gate zone even though I have completed all other CoTF mercenary/partisan tasks including 4th gate partisan tasks with guild member assistance thanks to this faction issue affecting those task givers for me as well.

Petition is a waste of time as they simply respond that this being current content they can't help and I should /bug report it. Well I've bug reported it a few times now and it is still broken for me. I'm pretty sure those bug reports are going no where as I don't know ANY other player dealing with this issue for that zone.

Going into zone and getting the default DE illusion or clicking that off and using the enchanter DE illusion nets the same result. Without illusion, I am scowling. With illusion I am apprehensive which gets the response from the quest givers as if you were dubious or lower (get lost, is that your breath, blah blah).

Saying the trigger phrase for the quest they give does not give me the quest, just more garbage get lost replies from the quest givers. I even had my enchanter friend cast the faction spell on me but that didn't change me from apprehensive hence no quest. I can shroud and sneak up behind and get them to talk normally however the quests are level limited so there is literally NOTHING I can do to fix this problem and get those tasks.
  2. Axxius Augur

Prathun mentioned that the faction in Neriak4G depends not only on the race/illusion but also on class and deity. What class and deity are you? Looks like they didn't think about this particular combination, and your faction remains too low even with the illusion. Something like Paladin of Tunare?
  3. Iila Augur

Try getting one of these and using it on the quest mobs:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5695
    Those spells raise the faction level of the caster with the targeted npc. Casting it on another player does nothing. The ways for non-enc/brds to raise faction via spells is basically restricted to that amulet and charm.
  4. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Gnome wizard Solusek Ro
  5. Prathun Developer

The king's forces and the queen's forces are on opposing factions. Some dead shadowknights and necromancers will get you back in King Naythox's good graces. And similarly, some dead warriors, enchanters, magicians and wizards will get you back in Queen Cristanos's good graces. Of course, in either case, you're raising one faction at the expense of the other.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which faction are the mercenary quest givers on?
  7. Tobynn Augur

These Neriak factions are not universally applied based on deeds alone. For example, once I concurrently reached the point of Queen faction cannot get any worse on all three toons, the Tunare human druid conned dubious, the Tribunal barbarian beastlord conned dubious, and the Atathus drakkin warrior conned threatening -- the three toons do not bottom out at the same level. Druid and beast were still free to walk around unharmed (even at max worst possible faction), yet the warrior was attacked on sight.

Oddly enough, all three con the same -- kindly -- to the max'd out King faction. I was expecting an offset there as well, but no.
  8. Bumtik Apprentice

Even if he is low on king faction or queen faction, that still doesn't explain why he can't get ANY of the mercenary tasks. I've used my enchanter and have been unable to help him get any of the quests. It seems silly that mercenary task givers should be on any faction other than neutral given that you have no way of finding out what faction they are on to begin with. So if you make the mistake and do the partisan tasks before requesting any of the merc tasks, you will then have to go back and "unscrew" your faction that you didn't know that you screwed up in the first place. Sad.
  9. Audigy Elder

how is it silly when a player can't get a mercenary task from a npc that doesn't like you ?
  10. Alkerion Lorekeeper

My buddy has been killing queen faction mobs increasing king side. He is up to kindly to king and threatening to queen yet he started indifferent before killing to the ghoul bait quest giver and is STILL indifferent to him after killing. If that NPC was on EITHER of those factions it would be moving SOMEWHERE, either up or down.
  11. Uuvin Augur

I am feeling a little confused. there are 6 mercenary tasks from various npcs scattered around the zone. you say your faction is screwed. certain npcs are apprehensive and wont give you merc tasks. and there is nothing you can do. Faction is my thing, so here is what I did: I went to neriak and dropped myself ( in de illusion from the zone task) to kos to queen side. I am also amiable to king side. Dov C'Luzz is indifferent to me and gives the task. Mariella L'Vask is indifferent amnd gives me her task. Arch Lich Eliza ( in the queen area ) cons indifferent to me and will give me her task ( she sees invis, other mobs nearby do not). Keliv, N'Ryt, Guard V'Hul and Evrikk Dmizza all con indifferent as well. So the way I see it, you messed up your beta neutral faction somewhere - not neriak 4th gate king / queen faction
  12. Reprisal Augur

Some of the bixie mobs were(are?) on the wrong faction and would damage beta neutral iirc, perhaps OP did too much hunting there.
  13. Edrick Augur

There should be a "reset beta neutral faction" button, that faction has always caused problems.
  14. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Not certain mercenary task NPCs in Neriak 4th Gate. ALL of them. The partisan task guy would give me tasks but I couldn't speak to the other NPCs that were involved in speaking parts as well due to faction but we were able to work around that via guild members doing the same task.

Exactly what I was referencing on my reply to the SOE "answer" to my problem. These mercenary tasks NPCs (all of the merc guys see through invis btw) are obviously NOT on king/queen faction. Thus I need SOE to step up and help me and not blame it on something it isn't.
  15. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Either way, until SOE says which faction those mobs are REALLY on or provides some way to fix it I stand by my original post. At the moment I cannot get ANY of the Neriak 4th gate mercenary tasks and there is still nothing I can do about it until SOE fixes either them or my toon.

I've had this toon since EQ was only 6 months old so yes I have probably messed up god knows what faction that is causing this to fail.
  16. Axxius Augur

Are you saying that the quest giver NPCs are on the royal factions? I've been doing quite a lot of hunting in the zone, changing between max pro-King-anti-Queen and max pro-Queen-anti-King depending on which part of the zone I am, and I have never been shunned by the quest NPCs. I'm a Wizard of Solusek Ro, same as the OP, yet I'm not in his situation somehow.
  17. Uxtalzon Augur

While they're at it, maybe they should put the Queen and King on their own factions. Oh wait, THEY ALREADY DID!

Not sure how faction is so hard though. I have the two worst of three things - paladin, and a good deity (half elves are neutral mostly), but faction really didn't matter once I had the dark elf task done. Bottomed out Queen's side and it's only dubious, so it's like no matter what I do, I can't become KOS anymore unless I take a rez without zoning (lose the illusion).
  18. Gladare Augur

19. Fenthen aka Rath

Drama queen.

Cleric of Rodcet, killing Neriak inkies since '99. I had no problems running through all Mercs/Partisans when 4th Gate / CotF opened up.
  20. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Yeah you and everyone else that doesn't have a problem. This helps zero for my problem that I have been reporting (and being ignored) for MONTHS now.

So if that is your entire "help" for my problem is to call names then do everyone a favor and get bent.