Holiday Gifting

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ammeren, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Ammeren Augur

More of a question to the Dev's/GMs,

Do you guys think you could add a gifting system, where we can purchase something from the SC store and gift it to a friend in-game? It would be cool to be able to gift people items from the SC store for the holidays, would probably boost SC sales as well.

It would also be nice to get SC off the older accounts that people are no longer playing but still paying for and put some good use to it, this shouldn't hurt sales since the SC is already loaded on an account.

What do you guys think?
    IceSy, Treefrog, Tarrin and 1 other person like this.
  2. oogolx Elder

I like this idea. I'd gift illusions to several people.
  3. Moklianne Augur

It would just be another way to move SC around though, only through items.
  4. Mykaylla Augur

I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years. A good friend really liked an illusion a while back, but didn't want to buy it themselves (this was before station cash on gold accounts each month). I was more than happy to give it to them, but to do that, you have to violate the EULA.
  5. Falos Augur

What they should do is put station cash tokens on the marketplace that function like kronos. Buy a station cash token in assorted point values from the marketplace (500 / 1500 /3000) maybe and buy purchasing it you get an in-game item token that is tradeable. People could then give these tokens to people and if the token is right clicked it adds station cash to that persons account.

These could be sellable in game via the baz as well I suppose but if they did not want that to happen they could perhaps flag them in a way that would prevent that.
    IceSy likes this.
  6. mage101 Elder

or just add 1500 SC click option to krono
  7. Ammeren Augur

8. Piestro Augur

We talk about this idea every so often, it's complicated by legal and financial issues (along with the very real CS issues that arise including fraud). I'll bring it up again however.
  9. Tarrin Augur

Yeah..I can just see the people in genchat selling X illusions, etc for plat...then someone not paying up and the petitions that can come from that.

That specific issue is probably one of the reasons they introduced kronos ( to get rid of people selling game cards and the previously mentioned issues arising ).

So horrible that great ideas can be hampered by silly people trying to get over on one another.
  10. Treefrog Journeyman

Then just make more items tradable that can be bought in the Marketplace by SC. I buy the SC with my own money, why shouldn't I be able to do what I want with the items I purchase? I would spend more real cash on SC and be able to gift items to friends. Win for you and for me!

Also, a bit off topic but you'd get more of my cash if I were able to purchase resurrection tokens in the Marketplace as well. Or even make those tradable! Perfected Augmentation Distillers are, why not the resurrection tokens?

My alt/trader account is never used for actual grouping, has over 1k Loyalty Crowns but no use for much from the Loyalty Vendor. Plat isn't an issue for me so the Bag of Platinum or Aug Distillers to sell aren't a high priority. If I could use the Loyalty Crowns for tradable rezz tokens and trade them to my other accounts that are too often in need of them, I'd be very happy!

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up!
  11. Izcurly Augur

Fact check! Perfected Augmentation Distillers, just like Resurrection tokens, are NOT tradable. Nor are they available via SC. I just double-checked to make sure that was still the case.
  12. Lenowill Augur

As others have said, I think the way to do it would be to implement a Krono-style item that grants SC when clicked.
  13. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Don't forget there are players who bought a ton of SC to pay for future expansions before they stopped selling expansions for SC, so they don't want that SC getting used by other players. That was before Krono, so I can't think of why Krono shouldn't be worth at least 1500 SC, or why you can't buy tokens similar to Krono that give SC. But then, I'm not in the business of making money off this game, so they must have good reasons not to tap that obvious market. If I had to guess, it's because SC is account-based and they're concerned that someone like me who can easily obtain more Krono than I can use in EQ would decide to try another game and simply trade for all the SC I wanted rather than have to buy it myself, but somebody had to buy those SC Kronos, so they seem to get their money. /shrug I guess I'm not devious enough to think of it.
  14. Ammeren Augur

You rock!
  15. Treefrog Journeyman

Izcurly - I beg to differ with your fact check! Always good to make sure you have ALL the facts before you imply that someone else doesn't know what they're talking about.

I reside on Firiona Vie, the Perfected Augmentation Distiller is indeed tradable and often sold in the Bazaar. I didn't realize that it was not the same on the other servers. My apologies for not including my server information. Also, I never intended to imply that they were purchasable with SC only that they were tradable.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Ammeren Augur

Man, people from FV..lol..They got it so good, they don't even know it.

Back to topic,

Holiday gifting! Come on guys, I know if you put the work into designing something for anti fraud it would benefit SoE immensely. You would be able to implement it into all of your other games as well, it's just a smart business strategy, plus you'd get credit for a brilliant money making idea~

It's a low risk, high yielding investment ;)

/nods
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Just don't sell them for 3750.