Time to give Silver 1500AA?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zaxamaphone, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Zaxamaphone Augur

With CoTF silver accounts can now level up to 95 from 90 correct? The AA limit on Silver accounts did not change from the cap of 1000 though. Is it time for SOE to revisit this 1000AA cap? Would it be possible to jump up 500AA?

It really doesn't take much time at all to hit this 1000AA cap so I have to assume there were a lot of Silver accounts out there with max AA and level for some time. With the increase of 5 levels those accounts weren't able to purchase new AAs.

Thoughts?
  2. Qualzek Augur

sounds like time to go gold :p
  3. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

I agree that the 1,000 AA restriction should be a moving goalpost. There's a certain expectation of having certain AAs to actually function at certain levels. Giving out five more levels of content with all the challenges that implies but withholding an increase in AAs that those challenges were balanced around (IE, tanking AAs) is just going to leave silver players frustrated.
  4. moogs Augur

I don't have a problem with this. Of course it should be carefully weighed against the reason that silver accounts exist, which is to upsell to a paid subscription. Everyone wants to see EQ remain profitable enough to sustain active development.
    Quatr and Qualzek like this.
  5. Samatman Augur

Somehow I managed to get on a discount $89.88 deal for 12 month gold membership. I want to upgrade a second silver account and keep waiting for them to offer this deal again. I expected them to offer a deal during SOE live but it didn't happen.

So I also wait, stuck at the 1000aa cap. Sure you could raise it to 1500, no complaints here. But I'd love to see a combined "come back to Norrath" promo that tossed in a discount on recurring gold subscriptions.

Leerah and Toquillaw like this.
  6. Sinestra Augur

You can, for almost nothing, buy more room on your AAs in the market. I think the price is still a bit steeper than it should be, but you aren't "stuck" anywhere.
    Toquillaw likes this.
  7. Toquillaw Augur

That promo was on last summer as I recall, I put a bunch of my accounts on to it. Great deal, hope they do it again to get more free/silver accounts to go Gold. Maybe sometime before Christmas would get people to join up so they can play during the holidays.
  8. Rylaar2000 Elder

Just pay for a month or buy a Krono, grind out a bunch of AA's for that month, then go back to silver.
    Black Soul and Marshall Maathers like this.
  9. Zaxamaphone Augur

I was under the impression that you lose the use of the AA's you bought after the 1000AA cap.

And yes, I know I could go Gold, but I already pay for two accounts that way, didn't want to be up to four Gold accounts.

And I'm not really here complaining about it or bemoaning that it is some great injustice, I just thought with the level cap increase should have been, or could be, an AA increase.
  10. Sinestra Augur

If you buy the additional room for AAs in the marketplace you keep them forever. If you go gold, earn 1000 more AAs and then go back to silver, you retain use of those AAs, you just can't gain more and if you want to buy extenders you have to buy your way over that additional 1000 in order to open up more first.
  11. Zogimer Journeyman

You were under the wrong impression. You keep what you have, you just can't earn any more once you have over 1k and you go back to Silver.
  12. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Let me see if I understand: after 95 levels and 1000 AAs, you still don't feel that the game is worth $10-15/mo?

Ahh, this is your 4th box that you need because you don't like to play with anyone but yourself?

Why not just have one gold sub, join a guild that suits you, and group with them so you don't need or want your boxes?
    Black Soul and Elricvonclief like this.
  13. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

There's a whole slew of workarounds and "why-not"s in this thread, but the core issue is still this: Giving free players 5 more levels, access to VoA, but no more AAs is just like giving them 5 more levels, access to VoA and not allowing them to wear any gear above 90.

Regardless of whether this individual should subscribe or what his subscription options are, a 5-level increase is simply incomplete without an accompanying AA cap increase.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, if they want to buy AAs after they reach or pass the 1000 AA mark they either need to buy the AA unlockers or go Gold end of story.

Sorry I call BS. The AA cap has no relation to the level cap. People who bought VoA & RoF and stayed Silver had no problems dealing with it. People too cheap to buy the expansions shouldn't either. There is no reason that VoA being made free should affect the AA cap at all.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

1. Walmart - Find one.
    2. Go inside.
    3. Find video game section.
    4. Ask where game cards are.
    5. Buy SOE game card for $15.
    6. Return home.
    7. Visit www.EverQuest.com
    8. Click 'Enter Code'
    9. Enter code from SOE game card.
    10. Claim 2000 SC.
    11. Purchase AA unlockers.
    12. Continue with life.
  16. --Voodoo-- Augur

There is no level cap on Free/Silver accounts. Level cap is a function of expansions owned, not membership.

The AA cap is probably too low regardless, at least for most classes. The cap increase is maybe too expensive too.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The AA cap is more than high enough for most classes the exception would be tank classes.

If the Devs decide that the cap needs to be raised for an expansion then with that expansion purchase they can include AA unlockers. Till then the 1000AA limit has no need to change.
  18. Moklianne Augur

It really should be a set percentage of each classes total AA. Each time new AA's are added, the cap goes up a tad. It really should have been originally implemented this way so that the devs didn't have to go back and re-evaluate every couple of expansions. They are just making more work for themselves.
  19. Marshall Maathers Augur

I am with the OP, it does not make sense to keep the AAs at 1k.

Whether the leap should be to 1500 is more of the question I would ask. I guess that might relate to what is considered a reasonable % of the added available AA from 90 to 95.

I don't understand the backlash towards this idea that some people have shown here in this thread.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Why would you ever want to do that? Horrible business plan.
    Ardin and Crystilla like this.