HoF 3 Raid Bug

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qualzek, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Drakang Augur

Would say you just got lucky unless they confirm a hotfix. Does not seem to happen every time he does his invis walk.
  2. Silv Augur

Any update on this/fix?

We're getting ready to do this shortly so I'll post our results later but an official confirmation would be super. :)
  3. Kurayami Augur

4. Reht The Dude abides...

Xaric is still healing, healed on us.
  5. Crystilla Augur

He's healing here for us (raid is doing it; I'm watching through hubby as work pulled me out of raiding tonight). Definitely makes it hard to get a 1st kill with the added length.
  6. Ormus Elder

Healed over 10 times for us, most of the heals about 25% with some full heals in there. Does it whenever he does not cast a crystal when he is sub 30%.
  7. Spinner New Member

Yeah, what Ormus said. This is particularly frustrating; would love a fix for this soon.
    noclue likes this.
  8. Silv Augur

Also tried twice tonight (we've beaten it before even with the bug by luck) but first attempt tonight, Xaric healed after invulnerability at 14%. Second time, we had no heals but instead, orange crystals AE after each invulnerability phase.

So yeah... seems completely random and while the event is still beatable, it's a tad ridiculous IMO right now.
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

Did it again to us on Bristle. Added another half hour and a LOT of rezzes to the fight, sadly.

Would love to see a fix for this, please.
  10. Noobieguy Augur

Worked ok for us, guess it's just the luck of the draw. Hopefully they are looking into it, not exactly sure why it would work ok for some, and not for others (some multiple times!).
  11. Zantor Augur

Just did it tonight and he healed once for us, to full health, other then that went smooth.
  12. Gragas Augur

Just curious, the ones that are experiencing the heals are you pet tanking him?
  13. Crystilla Augur

Never pet tanking here.
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

No pet tanking for us
  15. Qualzek Augur

It seems to be a bug where instead of spawning the large yellow crystals after being invulnerable.... he heals himself.... almost like the crystals bug.... so its semi resets /shrug
  16. Bigstomp Augur

No pet tanking here. Just seemed random. Had 3-4 heals last run.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  17. Axxius Augur

Doesn't seem related to yellow crystals now. He just doesn't spawn them the first time or two when he goes invis. Last week he healed on us the first time he went invis, but then didn't next time (even though no crystals the 2nd time either). This week he didn't heal up on either of the 3 times he went invis before dying (2 times no crystals, 3rd with crystals). Looks random or depending on something else. Either way, hope they fix it soon. I think we've used up our good luck on this event. :)
  18. Elegist Elder

What appears to be happening is that the Lifepool spell Xaric casts is ignoring the effect cap, so it's giving him more HP than intended. I'll be tweaking the spell and greatly lowering the numbers on it. Hopefully I'll get the fix out there soon.

In the meantime, you can avoid being hit by the spell if you stand more than 25 units away from Xaric when he becomes visible. When he does this, he has a chance to cast Lifepool or spawn his explosion crystals. In general, it's a good idea to stay away from him when he first becomes visible. The way the Lifepool spells works is that the more people it hits, the more Xaric will be healed. So, as long as people stand outside the spell's 25-unit radius around Xaric, you should be OK.

I'll post again when the fix is up.
    Axxius, Qualzek and Shiea like this.
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

Thank you for looking into it, Elegist.

Thank you as well for responding!:D
  20. Axxius Augur

This spell must have become broken in the CotF patch then. It was never reported before, and now suddely a whole lot of guilds ran into it.

All good as long as the devs are aware of it.