Mag's beam kiteing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Booger, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiataDriver Augur

To see how they do it, all a GM has to do is come to Emarr server, go to Evantil, and watch the mage there. I am sure other servers are suffering from the same issue.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

SOE's answer to this is to make Ethernere mobs summon or unsnareable, which only punishes kiters without beams. They do a good job of avoiding the problem.
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. MiataDriver Augur

On Emarr server, the Evantil zone is pretty much permacamped by at least one mage doing this. Quite a few guildies have complained about it, and I went there a few times recently and found the same thing. It makes the zone just about completely unplayable for the rest of us. If they were nice enough to confine it to instanced zones, I wouldn't care. Doing it in an open zone where they are disrupting anyong else who wants to do anything in the zone is a problem.
  4. Langya Augur

Report the people disrupting the static zones. Both to their guild leadership and the /report option. It doesn't matter what class they are. An idiot is still an idiot. Especially in the hot zones which have a matching instance usually at the higher levels with the same ZEM. Those zones already tend to be busy without contending with some pulling everyone else's camps up from under them so its jerk x 2 when that happens. They deserve to get whatever is coming to them at that point for being stupid, selfish and inconsiderate...not to mention getting classes in the nerf crosshairs. Nothing like getting nerfed because some one way-er couldn't think for the greater good of their class.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

This thread is from 2012.

Devs browse these forums with regularity.

Devs also play mages.

One can draw the conclusion that devs condone this behavior in one form or another, or it would not still be in game.
  6. Falos Augur

I can speak with great authority on the matter when i say with absolute certainty. The best mages in everquest do not beam kite for exp, only the terrible ones do.
    Vorthax, Mintalie and Rashari like this.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

The mage class has become just a tool. It PLs every other box / friend-box / newbie with money to burn / guy with a lot of plat, returning players, etc...

The exp from the terrible mages is not for the mage anymore.
  8. MiataDriver Augur

I would just like SOE to do something about it. Ban the idiots who are disrupting the game, that works just fine for me, I am not asking that they nerf anyone. People have petitioned about it to no avail.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

wizards got nerfed and I think mages should too. Eq is joke now but its been a joke ever since SOE bought them.

Andarriel
  10. Falos Augur

I agree nerf mages, If you give mages the ability to effortlessly and skillessly achieve top slot parses with our dps like wizards then by all means nerf our ae's..

or oh wait.. hey here's an idea, how about you just UN-NERF the wizard beam ae instead? HOLY **** what an insanely good idea *jackie chan mind blown.jpg*
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

Stop trying to corrupt those amazon warriors! And put some clothes on! (I hope someone gets that reference)

Here you go, Falos:
    [IMG]
  12. Sinestra Augur

13. iniari-TR Augur

please un-nerf wizard beam spells.
    Leerah and Sinestra like this.
  14. Mintalie Augur

This.
    Rashari likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How will un-nerfing wizzys beams cure the lag created by mages beam kiting in an open zone?

The zones need to be fixed or people need to be banned/nerfed to stop them disrupting the whole zone.
  16. Triquience Journeyman

This thread is almost a year old

Seriously, if you want to continue to resurrect this thread, please just make a Mage, level it to 100 with some AA's and take advantage of this wondrous idea. Just like headshotting and decapping, you'll be bored in 30 minutes.

Give it a rest -- or make a Mage and move on --- Bonus points for using a Mage PL to get to level 100 with 3000 aa's.
  17. Sinestra Augur

I think the point was in reference to the devs stating that they find no issue with Beam kiting. Since there is no issue with it, they should never have nerved wizard beams. If I was a dev in this situation I would be embarrassed. There is no intelligent reason for one to stay and the other to have been removed even if one was instant.
  18. Toquillaw Augur

If there are more than 9 mobs on agro, let them start to summon. And snare.
  19. fransisco Augur

Swarming is just as disruptive as beaming, yet you never see regular calls to nerf it, why is that?
  20. Sinestra Augur

No need to be dishonest. There have been calls to nerf swarming since it was first done and because of it swarming tools, at least for SKs, have been nerfed more than once. It is still common for people to say they should remove swarming, headshot, decapitate, etc. in threads.

And there are a lot of differences with swarming even if there weren't people constantly complaining about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.