Heroic Adv. Bixie War.: They're Everywhere! - Working as intended?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Silv, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

Thanks, mister Augur! :3

I think the reasoning behind the matriarchs spawning so many babies may have to do with being mezzed and losing aggro, which reset their spawning timer or something. Or they just kept spawning baybehs in very short intervals, and there were so many that if the tank didn't slam their back into a wall, they'd push 'em off a ledge. So little damage, but so many... death by a thousand paper cuts, basically. They'd spawn about three at a time, right? Usually two matriarchs come, so that's 6 per minute... 10 minutes later, or basically if the group wipes and recuperates, you get the idea of what's gonna come.

And yeah, treants spawning in the last wave and converting weren't adding to the tally, though they should. We had at one point FOUR bixiefoots come from the forest path, and sadly, they didn't count towards the /18 count either.

When we finally got the first part to be converting assassins, it went all the way smoothly to four bosses at the end, rather than killing 18. The bosses were still a hassle since healing was from two paladins and a druid, but stuns were just as plenty. :p
  2. Augur Developer

Yeah, there were definitely too many points at which this Heroic Adventure could go wrong and end up broken. Our sincere apologies for the time lost and frustration caused to those of you that attempted it. Thank you to everyone who showed patience, reported the issues, and helped us track them down.

We aim to have a hotfix out this week (hopefully tomorrow) that'll implement most of these changes. We can't guarantee anything yet, but I'll keep you updated on this thread as we nail down the timing.
    Uxtalzon, Axxius and Edrick like this.
  3. EQtroll Journeyman

The mob you are referring to I believe are the honey-crazed mole's in Bixie Warfront: Jacyll's Jailbreak. At 20% the mole will lose aggro and wander off while the merc's chase it.
    Augur likes this.
  4. EQtroll Journeyman

Thank you Augur for looking into the bug issues so quickly. Will be nice to have a smoother experience in this task.
    Augur likes this.
  5. Edrick Augur

It's a nice idea for a mission, the mechanic of reviving NPCs to help you fight (more accurately, to suck up damage) is a nice change of place.
    Augur likes this.
  6. Augur Developer

I'll look into that this morning. It may not make it into today's hotfix, though.

Those moles disappear after 20(ish) seconds, so I assume the merc comes back afterwards, right? Just trying to gauge how severe of a problem this is.
  7. Filatal Augur

When the moles hits 20%, 3 bixies spawn. The mole won't leave until the bixies are dead. But, if you mez the bixies, the mole won't re-engage them either. I don't think I used a tank merc any of the times I did this ( I don't recall an issue at least ), but I can confirm that even without the mole having any agro on the bixies, it will stay in the room until the bixies actually die ( and quest doesn't update until he leaves ).

If the problem people are having is the tank merc stays on the mole instead of the bixies, they are going to have some issues.
    Augur likes this.
  8. Augur Developer

Got it! I was confused about which step we were talking about (so... many... options!). Thanks for the extra clarification, Filatal! I should have a fix for this in soon.
  9. Augur Developer

I'm currently unable to reproduce the reported tank merc bug with freeing honey moles.

My tank merc changes aggro to the adds without problem, and has not gotten stuck on the mole once during testing.

Any additional information players can provide (was the mole mezzed at the time it spawned adds? Was your merc CCed, etc?) would be appreciated.
  10. Famka Elder

I can confirm the tank merc keeping aggro on the mole.
    Beat mole to 20%, adds pop and come, mezzed adds, mole walked away, tank merc chased mole.
  11. Augur Developer

Thanks, Famka!

Did you engage the mobs before mezzing all of them? Did you mez all 3 at the same time?

I don't doubt that some players are encountering this bug. I just need more details so I can successfully reproduce it and discover the source of the problem.
  12. Famka Elder

Aggrod the 3 bixies, then as they were beating on the mole, I AE mezzed them and the mole walked away with a tank merc beating on it's rear end.
  13. Augur Developer

Thanks again, Famka! I'll use this info to see if I can reproduce it.

I'd love to get more input from other players who experienced it as well.
  14. Augur Developer

Update:
    We're currently in the process of pushing the hotfix that should fix most of these issues to live servers. It can sometimes take up to an hour for the changes to take effect.

Two of the fixes can't be hotfixed (technical limitation), and won't take effect until the next full patch.
    • The pathfinding fix. Water NPCs will occasionally warp up to the top until the next full patch
    • The reduction in kill count required for the step that has attackers come from every path simultaneously. 18 kills are still required for now. However, this hotfix will reduce the number of spawns from 20 to 18, and will make sure that the 4 extra mobs spawned are all of the weaker variety.
    Every other fix discussed in this thread should be applied in the hotfix. Please continue to report bugs and balance concerns after the hotfix has gone live on your server.
    Axxius likes this.
  15. Famka Elder

Well I guess I will be doing Jacyll's Jailbreak again sometime, 2 hours into the task, message about the zone repopping, problem is, all mobs despawned, nothing repopped. Whole zone is empty and so we can't finish the adventure.
    Oh well, just one of those days I guess...
    At least got the named before they all poofed.
    Hope the fixes work for future attempts.
  16. Axxius Augur

Repopping the zone after pushing the new data to live was probably not necessary? Newly created instances would load the correct data while existing ones would allow the players to complete them. Everybody who was in the middle of doing BW HA's just took one for the team. :D
  17. Falos Augur

Sent you a PM
  18. Lily Augur

We're in the instance now, on the step to kill 18 attackers. We killed 17 and the only thing left up is a converted assassin, which we can't attack. I guess we'll drop and try again.
  19. Edrick Augur

Augur, I could not sit my group at the queen AFK and let my mercs kill everything that came by. Please fix this immediately or I'll throw a tantrum.
  20. Bauer Augur

Failed this mission today. :oops:

Got to the last part and only killed 16/18 mobs.
    We did wipe during the last part because 1 tunnel got 9 mobs at once. We got plowed.
    After recovery, we killed everything we could on track, but we assume during our downtime a few npcs killed the mobs.

This is a hard mission, but doable...just got to have your tank go max protect when 9 mobs attack him, and your dps go full burn to knock them down.
    I will try this again later

Also, Augur, one of the mobs spawned during the 'kill all attackers from 4 tunnel' stage was the spider with all the adds. Killing it did not update the quest but she took a while to kill. Perhaps remove her from the list of potential mobs that can spawn during that phase?