The Genius who...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Oct 17, 2013.

1. silku Augur

The person who decided to repop bixie warfront on the rathe... I assume you repopped the static zone? But it also repopped any missions that people happened to be in... thus getting rid of any mobs they were supposed to kill and after 30 minutes of waiting to see.. no they don't repop. An hour into a heroic mission and boom.. nothing.

Let's not do that anymore K?
  2. Bauer Augur

Eh, it was a hotfix to patch up some problems a lot of the playerbase was having.

But I am sure next time there is an emergency that needs settled, EQ will check with you first before fixing things for the rest of the community

:rolleyes:
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. BoomWalker Augur

How about a system that only reboots/resets the parts of the game that are needing to be fixed instead?

Sure, if it is a global problem...reset everything...but if a zone, instance, mob, etc. isn't in need of a fix...why reset all the zones?

Since raids are instanced they are loaded when requested...so why reboot the entire server? Hmmm...

But...the latest hotfix impacted a fair number of things it seems so it might have just been easier to push all the fixes and reset everything...instead of spending all that time rebooting dozens and dozens and dozens of things.
  4. Leerah Augur

Happened to a guildy on Povar too.
  5. silku Augur

I'm not asking them to check with me, but why waste an hour of my time by resetting a zone I'm in that isn't even involved? Or fix the instances to where when you repop them.. they repopulate based on where you are in the heroic mission, instead of just leaving you to start over and spend another hour clearing stuff.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is the problem when the instances have the same name as the zones. In this respect I prefered LDON where they all had different names and maps could be designed to show only the part of the zone which was available.
    silku likes this.