Deadest zones in the game?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raluden, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Zaph Augur

2. Gumlakx Augur

I feel sadness when I visit an old zone that used to be busy back when I started EQ in 2001, but is empty now. But I understand the game has to progress or die.
  3. Straahdx Augur

The Precipice of War. You do that mission, then never go back.
  4. Treesong Elder

I love going to old, desolate zones. I also like how old content like the epics make people go back to these old zones. Especially with all these "returnees", people that have been gone for years, lots of old content gets revisited with people trying their hand at content that they missed back in the day. I realize that this content is trivial, or at least the loot is, but doing an old school raid sure can be fun with your box-group.

Therefore I think none of the zones that have any kind of Epic 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5 content in them could really qualify for "deadest zone". Nor can those zones that have permacamped mobs in them. Or even zones like North Karana, as long as there are people that put up a barter that pays 15k for a High Quality Lion Hide. :D Or zones that have drops/NPC's in them for still viable, long Quests. Or Qvic, where I will be trying my hand at the Raid targets, to see if I can get a BL-usable weapon with a slot8 for my Shard of Eternal Pain!

As far as dead zones go, I would vote for Maru Seru, if not for the fact that they made this horrible zone a Hotzone now. Almost devoid of any features, 5 types of the same mobs, huge aggro range and some sort of horrible glare/lighting of the zone sure must make this a candidate.
  5. Stac Elder

lol, good one, RBD. I avoid them though I origin a lot to Kelethin. ><

Oasis too. /testcopied my Cleric and she ended up Oasis. She's still there.... Clerics need port to bind!
  6. Everstorm Augur

Wish SOE could do something elegant like a slowly increasing ZEM when a zone is all but dead. Then again, the new lower lvl hot zones are dead too, though some were very poorly picked like Frontier Mountains and Plane of Air.
  7. Tadenea Augur

8. CrazyLarth Augur

all the newbe zones would have seen the most death. i remember just falling down a hill kept killing my newbe toons.
  9. Fluid Augur

I had some characters parked in Stonebrunt when I came back so I poked their heads in The Warrens. Sheesh that zone is dismal and out of date. Nobody seems to start an Erudite since all characters are created equal now and if they did, smart play would be Crescent Reach.

Even when it was new it was bad. Long runs to sell anything and not a lot of stuff worth keeping. Some of the quests like "Azzar's Dreadful Hat" were weak and hated when they were new. I see now there is a PoK armor quest that gets you a level appropriate mask in The Warrens, I don't think many people run it.

I don't think there is anything that could save The Warrens. Someone else said ~A zone to run through to get some place. Too much competition from Crescent Reach, too many fixes that would have to be made. Double experience points, a vendor in the zone, and Kobold's carrying diamonds are about the only thing that would interest people in today's game.
  10. Ishtass Augur

Befallen, Unrest, Dead Hills, Dragon Necropolis, The Void...

I may have misinterpreted the question.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

I still hit up The Warrens all the time for easy charged snare clickies. It is also a great exp zone at low levels, and one of my favorites to level shrouds in.
  12. Edrick Augur

I bet for the players that don't have so many teleport clickies rely on Origin so I bet they are visited just for the sake of getting to a PoK book.

All of those are good (I love old Xorbb and Najena,) but I bet Veeshan's peak is still visited for people trying to get an ALEX.
  13. Iila Augur

People visit all the open world raid zones, especially ones with dragons. Even if there isn't loot, killing dragons is fun. Add in useful loot and nostalgia and those dragons are doomed.

Also, swarming up through the trash is a fine way to faction up for an OT hammer.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This...is a VERY cool idea.
  15. Famka Elder

Kinda like those TBS missions, the ones least played give the most orux.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

My idea is that loot should accumulate on mobs over time, so if you clear out an unhunted in zone, you can really cash in; once a patch cycle.
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

WTH no way....
  18. Gragas Augur

Sepulcher.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

What are you talking about?!? Dalnir was the place to go for a long time. Maybe it just varied by server.

I would say the the wedding chapel zones.
  20. Edrick Augur

That's a good point. On The Rathe, I never, ever saw anybody there. No groups. No one soloing. Nothing. I don't really know why. The only issue that zone had at first was "the kly" mob who would proc something like 500-800 damage every swing and wipe a group in seconds, before he was fixed.